My date with Traffic Court, Court 21

Adrianli

Mine is just a humble Hyundai i45 2.4L 172bhp 250NM. [:p]

I was already 100+km/h before reaching the flyover. Stamp on accelerator, it automatically drop gear and rpm shoot up. Car was still pulling away. From 100 to 143 is couple of seconds of enjoyment, months of pain after got caught. :TT_TT:

u like me cant spot police from far far type when driving

my uncle can spot police 300m ahead. his eye damn sharp lol so he no worry tio police

↡ Advertisement

Exceeded by more than 50km/h and you only got suspended 1 mth ...  very lucky leh.  Good thing you have a nice clean record going for you.

think in court better plead guilty and ask for lenient rather than finding excuses

• Praise 5

think in court better plead guilty and ask for lenient rather than finding excuses

Yup, the judge would have heard 1000+ excuses already.

• Praise 1

I am glad u receive the minimum penalty. 

Thanks for sharing ur story, I am the type that loves to make my engine exercise often lol. Think I will drive within speed limit next time :D

• Praise 1

I am glad u receive the minimum penalty.

Thanks for sharing ur story, I am the type that loves to make my engine exercise often lol. Think I will drive within speed limit next time :D

dont think, just confirm bro.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

One of the best threads I read in many years of my involvement with MCF. :D

In Sg... i never go above 10kph limit on roads...license too precious.

Thanks TS for the great FR.

Same with me, max is slightly over 10kph.

Driving a low-powered car helps. Never even bothered ever since I changed my last car.

Thanks Adrian for sharing your FR.

• Praise 2

Speeding above 40km\hrs beyond speed limit cannot be an excuse of not knowing.

There will be no acceding to appeal or whatsoever. Just admit and learn from lesson. Your record forever in TP system even the point purge after your sentence.

This is not a crime, there is nothing to hide.

Those speed demons that having good time during holiday season in the wee hr will learn the lesson soon.

Don't let the law catch up with you.

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 1

how long it took from kena caught -> letter come -> attend court -> getting back license?

it can serve as my reminder the length of pain one have to endure for that few seconds of pleasure

Turbocharged

I've read somewhere before some judges don't entertain sob stories, unless true, documented reasons like yours.

Those that do try may get a nasty surprise. Better suck it up and accept it.

Glad for u bro.

how long it took from kena caught -> letter come -> attend court -> getting back license?

it can serve as my reminder the length of pain one have to endure for that few seconds of pleasure

sounds like sex then marriage  [laugh]

you should say clear carbon... if not, later kena choke, stuck on expreesway, then cause traffic jam then ERP pricing go up........ so to prevent that from happening you have no choice but to clear carbon...lol

No la bro. He being very factual n objective that y nobody humtum him. If come in just to ask can do this or that to siam sure tio pawn.

I admire adrian was humble enuf to share his experience n also court encounter. Not many, in fact, havent come across such detailed sharing of negative experiences.

nah.. it is because he is regular MCFer lar.....

if a car is flimed speeding on expressway then it depends is wrx or lambo.... if rex then WW3... if lambo.. everyone say wah exhaust sound so nice.... you don't believe you do a check on past threads... lol

anyway i have no gripe with people that speed.... almost everyone does it at least once....... but appreciate the FR..... very good and detailed explanation

• Praise 1

Kena caught -> letter come - 2 weeks

Attend court - 3 months wait

Get back license - one day after suspension end but that department only work Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5pm. So if your suspension ends on a friday, you have to wait till monday then can collect back your license. But you can start driving on Sat w/o having the physical driving license.

Same with me, max is slightly over 10kph.

Driving a low-powered car helps. Never even bothered ever since I changed my last car.

Thanks Adrian for sharing your FR.

Power isn't really the key component here leh.

A small cc car can easily hit 90+ in some 50kph roads. Defu Lane area during weekends for example. Always seducing u to speed.

time to install those 'speed beepers' in car.

if the speed is too fast, instead of beeping, fire alarm/siren should sound to inform driver of the danger.

i remember my dad's lorry will became damn noisy if he speeds.. all the beeping is irritating until i tell him to slow down to restore some peace in the vehicle..

Get back license - one day after suspension end but that department only work Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5pm. So if your suspension ends on a friday, you have to wait till monday then can collect back your license. But you can start driving on Sat w/o having the physical driving license.

smart move to not give excuses.... i think that plays a part in the sentencing

Good read and thanks for sharing.

As I grow older, I find that I am more and more at peace with the speed limits. Nothing to prove. And mind you it is not even deliberate all the time, sometimes I glance at my speed and am a little surprised at my speed (or lack thereof).

Agreed. Nowadays older like less appetite for speed-fuelled adrenaline, maybe heart cannot take it anymore. Like last time still can take roller coaster, now I just watch from the side lol.

Thanks for taking the effort to share your experience and even upload all the scanned letters!

Now I regret driving 110kmh last night on the way home. Next time keep to 100 on expressway, haha...

I wonder what's the point in taking away the physical license...