Bathroom door

Bluepica

For those who is having a frameless bathroom swing door from your bedroom to the bathroom, does the door block the acoustic noise from the bathroom?

My current door is a bi-fold thin layer of acrylic door. Whenever people using the toilet/bathroom, it's very noisy to those in the bedroom. It's a common bath/toilet accessible from the bedroom as well.

Then, the mechanism like going to pecah already, difficult to fully interlock close the door without having to kick at the bottom of the door (this will rudely awaken those sleeping in the bedroom)

So I am planning to change the door at the bedroom side, at least to something that will have a little sound proof from the bathroom noise.

1. wooden door - not ideal as the bath room is small and water will splash onto it and will rot in due time.

2. new bi-fold door - not sound proof

3. frameless tempered glass swing door - I'm not sure haw sound proof can it be,

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Sound travels through gaps and of course also the material you use to screen. The most effective is a solid timber door but make sure it don't get wet.

• Praise 1

controlled not shiok.

i like opened door  [lipsrsealed]

opened door is windy..... shioookkk. :)

Sound travels through gaps and of course also the material you use to screen. The most effective is a solid timber door but make sure it don't get wet.

you can use bifold timbor door, too... 

• Praise 1

Bro, your first question . . answer is no. Not only can hear the sound in my toilet, I can even hear my upstair neighbour peeing. Really!

waaa you and your neighbour most be very good friend ! Chio bo ? 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Bro, your first question . . answer is no. Not only can hear the sound in my toilet, I can even hear my upstair neighbour peeing. Really!

that one come from the window lah [laugh]

waaa you and your neighbour most be very good friend ! Chio bo ? 

the shhhh shhhh shhhhhh is very loud one and most likely from a "hose" not *ahem* "hum"  [:p]

that one come from the window lah [laugh]

no lah no lah . . . not the bird bird from outside . . . ish the insai one [laugh]

the shhhh shhhh shhhhhh is very loud one and most likely from a "hose" not *ahem* "hum"  [:p]

no lah no lah . . . not the bird bird from outside . . . ish the insai one [laugh]

hahha to produce such loud sound ....... i think the hose must be very high up or must be very short 

[smash]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

bi-fold you mean like he PD door?

the PD type sound proofing is quite good and not noisy when closing the door.

but mine very noisy, closing mechanical noise and no sound proofing to the bedroom. maybe because it's already 10yrs old

I agree with timber door, but it's the water splashing problem

you mean the frameless glass swing door is a no no ?

• Praise 1

best is take plastic door

if not wash toilet very troublesome, have to avouid getting the door wet

if door get wet, then:

punggol_bto_mushroom.jpg

• Praise 1