Passat B8

Anderang

Yesterday I went down to VW to replace my battery.

Battery has been feeling weak for the past 2 weeks to yesterday went down to dialogue for a check and it turned out the battery was totally worn off.

Since car still under 3 years' warranty, they replaced it FOC though i have to wait ~1.5hrs, which is not too bad since i went there ard 5pm.

My B8 1.8L only 14 months old, thus i am really surprised the battery died on me so soon. Mileage now ~24,000km.

Battery has been feeling weak for the past 2 weeks to yesterday went down to dialogue for a check and it turned out the battery was totally worn off.

Since car still under 3 years' warranty, they replaced it FOC though i have to wait ~1.5hrs, which is not too bad since i went there ard 5pm.

My B8 1.8L only 14 months old, thus i am really surprised the battery died on me so soon. Mileage now ~24,000km.

14 Months already very good,i remember my Brother In Law's Sharan,just 8 Months,is dead,but luckily the VW Assist came in 45 Mins & change for him.

Neutral Newbie

How u feel battery is weak? What kind of symptoms?

does any body face engine stalled?

When I was overtaking, engine stalled, My car was hit by the car behind it. Sent my car back to workshop, VW said car fine,  they can't find the issue. Asked me to claim from insurance. My concern is when will engine stall again?  If happen on high way, how?  They don't care your life. Ask you to monitor only!

Is your car 1.8? When you mean engine stall is when u step on accelerator it does not rev? 

What happened to my B6 last time was clutch slip, which means to say that it was GB issue, not engine. I ever experienced clutch total slip (ie suddenly went into neutral gear) when changing gear, and gear stuck (ie stuck on gear 3 cannot go up cannot go down manual overide also cannot and when come to complete stop it's still at gear 3).

Just to be clear as I seldom hear engine stall, usually is GB or MU problems. The common engine problem is usually misfiring and eat engine oil for TC cars.

(edited)

The passat is such a beautiful car. It is a shame on the part of VW that it has such a scary issue.

Edited by Earthboy

How u feel battery is weak? What kind of symptoms?

Soft ignition sound when I push start the engine. Then a few days before the battery replacement, I need to push through start button a few times b4 can start the car.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros,

I am newbie for the Passat. Took my ride early this month.

It a nice and powerful car.

Any meet up or gathering?

Deciding between this B8 comfortline and the Audi A4 with VC on today promo.

B8 $144,999 event car

Audi A4 with VC $156,999

B8 dep is about 13k yearly and A4 is about 14k yearly.

Or civic turbo at 12k...... 

Twincharged

Deciding between this B8 comfortline and the Audi A4 with VC on today promo.

B8 $144,999 event car

Audi A4 with VC $156,999

B8 dep is about 13k yearly and A4 is about 14k yearly.

Or civic turbo at 12k...... 

VW very value for $$$,hoped the DSG no more problem.

VW very value for $$$,hoped the DSG no more problem.

If you dig deeper, you will realise that VW ask very huge markup on their cars. Roughly, the margin is 100% or equivalent to the OMV.

4 months back I wanted to buy the Passat Variant R-Line OMV about $38k. They wanted about 190k.

I remembered it worked out to $40k profit on a car that is only worth $38k. Thus, giving 1 free car to VW for every car we purchase.

If you dig deeper, you will realise that VW ask very huge markup on their cars. Roughly, the margin is 100% or equivalent to the OMV.

4 months back I wanted to buy the Passat Variant R-Line OMV about $38k. They wanted about 190k.

I remembered it worked out to $40k profit on a car that is only worth $38k. Thus, giving 1 free car to VW for every car we purchase.

you are joking right? have you seen the markup on the BMW 5 series? it's 100k per car hor....can buy another new japanese car with spare change....

Thus, taking us for a ride!! No reason to be charging such high margins given the horrible after sales service.

I currently own the 7-series. The OMV is 90,000. I remembered paying only about $40,000 margin on a $90,000 OMV car in 2008.

you are joking right? have you seen the markup on the BMW 5 series? it's 100k per car hor....can buy another new japanese car with spare change....

Yes agreed on the 5 series. PErformance Motors have gone crazy. The OMV on the 5 Series is only around $48k when I enquired and the selling price $270k - $280k.

I think several PIs are offering it at $220k - $230k with an OMV of 52k to 54k

Just booked the Passat comfortline at $144,400 event unit.

30k omv car. Work out to about 13k dep per year. Close price to camry and accord and mazda 6 price.

Any mod or addon for the car to increase the accessories on the car?

↡ Advertisement