Passat B8

Anderang

Neutral Newbie

Hi, newbie here. Just book Passat comfortline.

Like to find out if anyone had fix rear camera ?

↡ Advertisement

Hi, newbie here. Just book Passat comfortline.

Like to find out if anyone had fix rear camera ?

You refer to the reverse camera installation or those 2CH DVR?

I'm still considering a few add-ons, like reverse camera and motorised boot, but not in rush to do so yet.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

I m hoping to get OEM reverse camera integrated to the headunit. Ideally it’s rear camera embedded with the VW sign .

Not sure if VW allow this though.

If not possible any idea most suitable 2CH DVR?

Hi

I m hoping to get OEM reverse camera integrated to the headunit. Ideally itâs rear camera embedded with the VW sign .

Not sure if VW allow this though.

If not possible any idea most suitable 2CH DVR?

I did inquire then and was told it would cost 1.1k. Decided to get it done externally instead. Don't think it'll affect warranty.

My SE also highlighted that the new head units (fully capacitive touch commands) should be backward compatible.

2ch DVR would not achieve the same effect as the camera position at the rear won't be able to capture the same details. Probably the Variant would be able to accommodate.

2ch DVR would not achieve the same effect as the camera position at the rear won't be able to capture the same details. Probably the Variant would be able to accommodate.

vlcsnap-00001.jpg

I believe all Variants already come with reverse cam embedded inside the VW badge.

I know you can get such a custom badge cam in TaoBao. The search link below is for the Passat Saloon:

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=%E5%A4%A7%E4%BC%97+%E5%B8%95%E8%90%A8%E7%89%B9+%E7%BF%BB%E6%A0%87%E5%80%92%E8%BD%A6%E5%BD%B1%E5%83%8F%E6%91%84%E5%83%8F%E5%A4%B4

If possible, do look for an option for "God's View", which is really cool.  With it I can park dead centre in any lot (and feel so proud of myself everytime. lol.)

I did inquire then and was told it would cost 1.1k. Decided to get it done externally instead. Don't think it'll affect warranty.

My SE also highlighted that the new head units (fully capacitive touch commands) should be backward compatible.

Hi Boss

U got the reverse cam installed at outside workshop for comfortline?

The comfortline HU is the 6.5" composite media. comfirm the reverse cam work with the composite media HU?

If so. Please share price and where u get it done.

THank you.

Hi Boss

U got the reverse cam installed at outside workshop for comfortline?

The comfortline HU is the 6.5" composite media. comfirm the reverse cam work with the composite media HU?

If so. Please share price and where u get it done.

THank you.

Paiseh for the misunderstanding... Decided to install outside but not done it yet.

Was told by my SE that it should be possible if I decided to go ahead with it. Anyway, think my head unit is bigger than 6.5". Not sure if the specific model makes a difference.

https://imgur.com/a/1lYse

vlcsnap-00001.jpg

I believe all Variants already come with reverse cam embedded inside the VW badge.

I know you can get such a custom badge cam in TaoBao. The search link below is for the Passat Saloon:

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=%E5%A4%A7%E4%BC%97+%E5%B8%95%E8%90%A8%E7%89%B9+%E7%BF%BB%E6%A0%87%E5%80%92%E8%BD%A6%E5%BD%B1%E5%83%8F%E6%91%84%E5%83%8F%E5%A4%B4

If possible, do look for an option for "God's View", which is really cool. With it I can park dead centre in any lot (and feel so proud of myself everytime. lol.)

Coming from a mid-sized hatch, really appreciate the space the Variant provides.

"God's View" is a 360° camera or a precision self-parking feature?

Paiseh for the misunderstanding... Decided to install outside but not done it yet.

Was told by my SE that it should be possible if I decided to go ahead with it. Anyway, think my head unit is bigger than 6.5". Not sure if the specific model makes a difference.

https://imgur.com/a/1lYse

Its a different head unit from mine. Mine is June 2017 passat comfortline. Yours the newer head unit?

Come with app connect and gps etc?

Mine is this

ef9d545s-960.jpg

Edited by Cochran

Its a different head unit from mine. Mine is June 2017 passat comfortline. Yours the newer head unit?

Come with app connect and gps etc?

Mine is this

ef9d545s-960.jpg

Yup. Comes with App-Connect but GPS not working/enabled.

Anyway, using Android Auto mostly. So GPS is dependent on phone instead.

Coming from a mid-sized hatch, really appreciate the space the Variant provides.

"God's View" is a 360° camera or a precision self-parking feature?

The cargo space of the Variant isn't usefully larger then the booted Saloon.  The floor area is about the same, only the height is taller then the saloon.  It can thus carry large and tall boxes (that obstruct the rear view) but how often do we shop at IKEA? :-(  A station wagon is thus more a fashion statement then really useful (unless you have large dogs.)  lol

Passat%20Variant%20Gods%20View.jpg

Officially it is known as "Area View", but it is more commonly known as "God's View".  As you can see from the main photo, that's an appropriate nick name.  Interestingly it also have three other views that can come in handy too.   Beside being handy to check if you parked dead center in a lot, it's helluva fun watching it live while driving.  The effect is just spectacular! It's as if you have a drone flying above your car feeding you live update of your surrounding.  Unfortunately, it's so much fun VW cut off the feed after about 10 seconds for obvious reason.

Regretfully the current Variant does not have Park Assist.  :-(

Hey guys, just bought a 2 yr 3 mth old passat 2.0T. Wanna ask anything that I should take note of? Its coming to my 60k km servicing in a couple of months. Do you think I should do it at VW?

Twincharged

Hey guys, just bought a 2 yr 3 mth old passat 2.0T. Wanna ask anything that I should take note of? Its coming to my 60k km servicing in a couple of months. Do you think I should do it at VW?

If still got warranty,the best go back to Agent.

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I had sold my ‘soul’ to the Devil by booking the Passat B8 1.8T Comfortline but it is a darn good drive.

I like Bro @Anderang feedback; objective and straight to the point. Just want to thank you for creating this thread and some needed ‘confidence’ to newbie owners like myself.

Really hope to drive this car for 10 years without major issues *pray*

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I had sold my ‘soul’ to the Devil by booking the Passat B8 1.8T Comfortline but it is a darn good drive.

I like Bro @Anderang feedback; objective and straight to the point. Just want to thank you for creating this thread and some needed ‘confidence’ to newbie owners like myself.

I don't think you can drive a VW for 10 years without Gearbox or Engine Failure. [lipsrsealed] ..except if your Yearly Mileage is 5,000km.

• Praise 1

Hi Guys,

Hi Jayzheng,

Thanks for the compliment.

Anw, my highline is close to 55k km after 2 yrs 4 months. Still going strong....

Ya, the drive is good. gear shifting is fast.

Cheers..

• Praise 1

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I had sold my âsoulâ to the Devil by booking the Passat B8 1.8T Comfortline but it is a darn good drive.

I like Bro @Anderang feedback; objective and straight to the point. Just want to thank you for creating this thread and some needed âconfidenceâ to newbie owners like myself.

In good company with all the devil's advocates here...

Test drive quite a few cars within my budget range and this gave me the best vibe overall. Objectively ticked the most boxes so just went ahead. Primarily, darn good drive and spacious/comfortable for the whole family.

I'm not that overly concerned with all the failure statistics as in reality, no car is assured to never fail. Like some advice from here and about, enjoy the ride first and foremost.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1