Passat B8

Anderang

Hi all,

I got my Passat B8 last week. Great driving experience. Only surprise I had was when I heard a loud 'dong' when reversing this morning. Apparently, the brakes got stuck after washing and leaving the car overnight. Has anyone encountered this problem before. I thought this problem occurs only in cheap cars.

Mani

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi all,

I got my Passat B8 last week. Great driving experience. Only surprise I had was when I heard a loud 'dong' when reversing this morning. Apparently, the brakes got stuck after washing and leaving the car overnight. Has anyone encountered this problem before. I thought this problem occurs only in cheap cars.

Mani

Some said not to engage parking brake after car wash... so that the brake pads won't still to the disc.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Whats-App-Image-2019-07-22-at-2-02-54-AM

Gotten my new ride, looking to join passat chatgroup.

Is there any chat group? Or Facebook group?

Thank you :)

Congratulations, brother! Welcome to the VW family. I got my B8 about one month ago. Enjoy the drive!

Mani

Edited by Mani5417

[pic deleted]

Gotten my new ride, looking to join passat chatgroup.

Is there any chat group? Or Facebook group?

Thank you :)

Nice.  Congrats on your new ride.  

[Thinking out loud] I thot there's a face-lift

Neutral Newbie

Hey All, 

I'm new to this forum and new to the VW community.  I will be collecting the Passat 1.8 Comfortline soon. 

Would like to get the reverse camera installed. I saw some older posts on the similar topic. Please do share more information if possible. 

Any suggestions on where you could get the ceramic coating done. 

Appreciate any info :-) 

Thanks

Cheers!

I was told the same thing by my SE (perhaps we were served by the same person). No black & white given. Requested contact from SE and went ahead to install both reverse camera + Active Info Display 2 weeks upon collection.

Hi Yourboss, can you let me know via PM where you installed the reverse cam, AID as well as cost? Thanks!
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

HI,

You can try the following:

1. Stay outside of your car and press ignition button (don't start your car)

2. Press the button to move the seat all the way forward till maximum.

3. Do the same to move the seat all the way back till maximum.

4. Get in the car, close the door, start the engine, set the seat to your liking position then press the set button '1' or '2' till you hear confirmation sound.

5. At this point your memory seat should be restored back to the original day one condition when you collected your car from the dealer.

• Praise 5

On 10/17/2019 at 8:51 AM, Chimy said:

HI,

4. Get in the car, close the door, start the engine, set the seat to your liking position then press the set button '1' or '2' till you hear confirmation sound.

5. At this point your memory seat should be restored back to the original day one condition when you collected your car from the dealer.

ok thanks! i'll try it tonight!

update here again if it works.

just one clarification ah... point 1. means what ah?

do you mean that the key fob should be away from the car, and i just press the Engine Start button ah?

On 10/17/2019 at 8:51 AM, Chimy said:

HI,

Bro!

it totally worked!

i got my memory seats back, with the chime and all!

your post should be a sticky, it's a really useful thing to know and not to get ripped off at the workshop for them to do the same thing.

thanks again!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1