Passat B8

Anderang

Just did a brake assembly replacement last month after some grinding noise was intermittently detected. It started to get worse and VW accepted my request for an immediate replacement.

According to the notice, there was also a scheduled recall job for brake hose and fluid, under campaign 47P4. Not sure if that in any way contributed to the issue.

Other than 1 case of flat battery and the above, 2 years on and all else has been good.

Happy holidays to all!

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Happy CNY to all!

Just an update on my passat b8 highline. Just sent my ride for 90k km servicing. Though my 3 years warranty already ended in Dec 2018, I still send my car back to VCS for servicing. 

Except for some niggling issues, my B8 still going strong after 4 years 1 month! Some of the notable replacements I have done the past 4 years...... water pump, small parts of mechatronics, battery replacement (twice), etc...

Anyway, I bought the 3 servicing package (75k, 90k, 105k) when i went for my 75k km servicing back in April 2019, so I will give an update again after my 105k km.

Cheers!

• Praise 3

Happy CNY to all!

I've been scheduled for a transmission part replacement next month, after some whirling sounds were heard during some gear shifts, when VCS tested for my brake issues. Parts just arrived apparently.

Nice that it's going well after that mileage, @Anderang. I'm only at 36k after a little more than 2 years. Quite underutilised in comparison. Ok to share how much the servicing package cost? Any benefits aside from savings (I suppose) compared to routine visits?

Got mine in 2019 Nov few moths ago. Received call from VW twice to ask me go back for a service campaign to replace rear brake hose. Told me must leave car there for half day. I not free to entertain such adhoc trouble. 

‘anyone else also received similar call from VW?

On 1/25/2020 at 9:38 AM, Ryansg said:

Happy CNY to all!

I've been scheduled for a transmission part replacement next month, after some whirling sounds were heard during some gear shifts, when VCS tested for my brake issues. Parts just arrived apparently.

Nice that it's going well after that mileage, @Anderang. I'm only at 36k after a little more than 2 years. Quite underutilised in comparison. Ok to share how much the servicing package cost? Any benefits aside from savings (I suppose) compared to routine visits?

Hi Ryansg,

I bought the 75k, 90k , 105k servicing package at $1275 inclusive of gst.

On top of that, any replacement or repair works during this period will have 30% discount.

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Maverickguo said:

Got mine in 2019 Nov few moths ago. Received call from VW twice to ask me go back for a service campaign to replace rear brake hose. Told me must leave car there for half day. I not free to entertain such adhoc trouble. 

Hi Maverickguo,

I did the service campaign during my recent 90k servicing. I was told of this service campaign when I booked my 90k servicing.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:01 AM, Maverickguo said:

Yup. I did mine as a concurrent follow up with a problem I had with my brakes. Brakes are critical part of safety. Better have it settled as soon as you can. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:25 PM, Anderang said:

Hi Ryansg,

I bought the 75k, 90k , 105k servicing package at $1275 inclusive of gst.

On top of that, any replacement or repair works during this period will have 30% discount.

Hi @Anderang, thanks for the info. 

Neutral Newbie

Hey pros here... i am considering to buy 2015/2016 used B8 1.8. Any owner here can share experience on reliability especially on the gearbox? Thanks!

On 2/13/2020 at 1:07 AM, Cltan86 said:

Hey pros here... i am considering to buy 2015/2016 used B8 1.8. Any owner here can share experience on reliability especially on the gearbox? Thanks!

Hi, I think the B8 passat dsg gearbox is generally more reliable.

I have been driving my B8 for more than 4 years. DSG GB so far so good.

On 1/30/2020 at 8:27 PM, Anderang said:

Hi Maverickguo,

I did the service campaign during my recent 90k servicing. I was told of this service campaign when I booked my 90k servicing.

Hi bro, wondering When was that? I collected my car in Nov and I wonder why can’t they get it resolve for brand new car. Have to ask me go back after I collect the car. 

I was also only notified of the campaign at the end of Nov. Did a check at Kampong Ampat for some brakes issue earlier in the same month (9th) but was not asked to schedule to leave the car.

• Praise 1

On 2/13/2020 at 1:07 AM, Cltan86 said:

Even though I've only driven the B8 for a little over 2 years, I have not faced any issues related to the gearbox, be it gear change, juddering or loss of power; things I was warned about when I was still deciding.

My recent replacement was due to some whirring sounds heard occasionally during acceleration. And it was detected, initiated and borned by VW. At least, they didn't ignore or suggest it was a wear and tear issue caused by my driving.

Think the warranty service is excellent in this case, which is why I inquired about the extended servicing package. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Guys, finally got my AID and Discovery Pro 9.2 installed with a reverse camera from Elebest. All original VW parts. 

So far, the best quote I've gotten. They also did a really good job.

But experiencing some teething issues like my HU kept hanging and restarting during my drive. Going back to them to check out why. Other than that, it has just renewed the love for my drive.

20200215_132821.jpg

• Praise 2

On 2/15/2020 at 9:37 PM, Maverickguo said:

Hi bro, wondering When was that? I collected my car in Nov and I wonder why can’t they get it resolve for brand new car. Have to ask me go back after I collect the car. 

Hi maverickguo, 

That was last month. 

7 hours ago, Kdubby said:

Guys, finally got my AID and Discovery Pro 9.2 installed with a reverse camera from Elebest. All original VW parts. 

But experiencing some teething issues like my HU kept hanging and restarting during my drive. Going back to them to check out why. Other than that, it has just renewed the love for my drive.

20200215_132821.jpg

Bro kdubby, 

Nice work done on your b8! 

Can share how much the damage? 

Thanks 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:18 PM, Kdubby said:

20200215_132821.jpg

Yah. Can share how much the damage?

↡ Advertisement