Passat B8

Anderang

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

AD,mean Agent[VCS]Sorry,to hear that.!I think you just bought a "Lemon". [bigcry] ,If your car needs over a litre of oil,for less than 1500km,you may need an overhaul,what is your mileage.?Finally,you just joined this Forum,should have do more homework,before buying a used VW...

There are many good VW Workshops,Servotronics is one good one,& many others....post in the VW forum will get faster respond.

Thanks.  Mileage about 126K now after driving for 9K+.  The oil signal come on after I had a oil change & servicing done at one of the workshops.

Will definitely look out more often here to understand on how to improve driving experience.  

Edited by Fongcasey
↡ Advertisement

Done at AD. Expensive but I did not want to compromise on a ctitical part. Parts like Shock absorb erp, I got it replaced outside.

Wow $2k is really a lot. I've already had mine changed twice and still only half of what you paid. Some more my mileage is reaching 180k, lesser than yours. But fuel pumps and water pumps are common wear and tear for the B6. Other than that, I've also changed the engine and GB mountings, and coil packs.

Driving Passat B8 for 6-7 weeks now. The "new car smell" that you describe is gone within a week.

1st day use normal water wipe entire car inside. First week we air it always(e.g. open window on first 10 minutes of driving), and drive to reservoir on weekend and open all window while eating sandwich (outside of course). Then I also have 2 charcoal bag at the back seat.

I am very sensitive to these type of smell (e.g. when I go into a newly renovated place / office, will get headache), so I am pretty sure the smell will be gone after a week if you air it properly.

U bought 1.8 or 2.0 B8?

1. Noise - this one of the main reason I choose this car. Very quiet and hardly hear the noise outside. I compare to the Subaru Levorg and Infiniti Q50 which in my final shortlist.

2. 7sp DSG - after hear about all the horror story about this gearbox, still can resist how responsive and clever about it. It interact with you most of the time. Forget and stop worry the chances of broken down then enjoy every moment you and the car.

haha, wait till u have problems, then everyday is a chore....

• Praise 1

Sometimes, ignorance is not bliss...

agreed, was blissful for the first 2 yr 9 months.. then the horror comes in..

3 yrs 10 months, problems still have...tried to "divorce" cannot, the pre-nupt not signed.

Neutral Newbie

Dear friends, I just ordered Exclusive line. Just want to thank all of you for your contribution to this thread, I have learnt immensely from your experience. 

I have read a posting regarding car acceptance, can someone point me at the right direction.

• Praise 1

After 8 years of living with a Passat (and the problems), I have come to accept that any car can be loved and hated.

Best to remember the good times.

In the 8 years, I had multiple speeding fines - and 1 court appearance (the car is seriously too quiet and subdued at illegal speeds); Gone up to Malaysia on a few trips (including Boh Tea Plantation @ Cameron - the worst thing to do on 19" rims); I have had 1 accident (minor fender bender), 5 battery changes, 1 x brake discs changed, 3 x brake pads changed, 1 x Gearbox changed (@ 90K), 6 sets of rims, 7 sets of tyres, and the odd electronic failure here and there.

It has provided transportation to my kids from Kindergarten to Secondary School, and enough space for them to grow up (and a birth in between)...and lots of ikea furniture as well as an 8 foot ladder (yes, it can fit long objects from dashboard to boot).

We love it so much, when shopping for a new vehicle, we knew we could only settle on something similar....which is why our next car is a Sharan.

Let's hope to remember more of the Good then the Bad :)

Edited by Presea
  • Praise 5

After 8 years of living with a Passat (and the problems), I have come to accept that any car can be loved and hated.

Best to remember the good times.

In the 8 years, I had multiple speeding fines - and 1 court appearance (the car is seriously too quiet and subdued at illegal speeds); Gone up to Malaysia on a few trips (including Boh Tea Plantation @ Cameron - the worst thing to do on 19" rims); I have had 1 accident (minor fender bender), 5 battery changes, 1 x brake discs changed, 3 x brake pads changed, 1 x Gearbox changed (@ 90K), 6 sets of rims, 7 sets of tyres, and the odd electronic failure here and there.

It has provided transportation to my kids from Kindergarten to Secondary School, and enough space for them to grow up (and a birth in between)...and lots of ikea furniture as well as an 8 foot ladder (yes, it can fit long objects from dashboard to boot).

We love it so much, when shopping for a new vehicle, we knew we could only settle on something similar....which is why our next car is a Sharan.

Let's hope to remember more of the Good then the Bad :)

How did you go thru 6 sets of rims? You curb/bash them so much or you just backside itchy everytime you see a nice new design?

In a way, driving VAG vehicles in SG is a bit like driving Alfa Romeo. Love the car but always be prepared for shit to happen.

How did you go thru 6 sets of rims? You curb/bash them so much or you just backside itchy everytime you see a nice new design?

In a way, driving VAG vehicles in SG is a bit like driving Alfa Romeo. Love the car but always be prepared for shit to happen.

A little bit of both.

Most of the issue comes from driving through potholes and damaging the rim so it becomes unbalanced...and when the wife drives..."unknown kerbing" happens...

Then at the Stamford I go to... The guy there knows me... So instead of just 4 x CSC5 tyres...I end up with new rims too.

• Praise 1

A little bit of both.

Most of the issue comes from driving through potholes and damaging the rim so it becomes unbalanced...and when the wife drives..."unknown kerbing" happens...

Then at the Stamford I go to... The guy there knows me... So instead of just 4 x CSC5 tyres...I end up with new rims too.

Oh the wife drives also. Understooded!

Hi all,

I am ready to commit to the B8 highline soon. Went to showroom and wanted to add the AID as option. Was told to top up 1.8k plus 4 months wait.

Would like to ask the owners here what is the average fc and is it possible to do a stage 1 upgrade by the AD?

Hi all,

I am ready to commit to the B8 highline soon. Went to showroom and wanted to add the AID as option. Was told to top up 1.8k plus 4 months wait.

Would like to ask the owners here what is the average fc and is it possible to do a stage 1 upgrade by the AD?

Hi Fat_slayer,

I am sure you will love the B8 highline.

I have been driving the B8 highline since Dec 2015. Great car to drive and luxurious interior for this price range.

My average fc sadly is on the low side..... ~11km/l.

I do not think VCS will do a stage 1 upgrade for their cars. Correct me if i am wrong.

Hi all,

Not sure about VW, but PA does MTM tunes (they are the agent for MTM too!) for the Audis.

2 prices, 1 for cars still under warranty and 1 for cars after warranty.

You can ask.

Hi Fat_slayer,

I am sure you will love the B8 highline.

I have been driving the B8 highline since Dec 2015. Great car to drive and luxurious interior for this price range.

My average fc sadly is on the low side..... ~11km/l.

I do not think VCS will do a stage 1 upgrade for their cars. Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for the info...

Was informed that AD does not do stage 1 tuning for VW cars by the SE.  Advisable to do after third year of ownership.

Finally decided to go for the Exclusive Line and got the COE yesterday.  Decided against waiting for 4 months to indent Highline with AID.

Now eagerly waiting for the D day...

Anyone changed their rims, any recommendations?

Cheer!!

Hi All

I am considering to get the Passat Variant 2.0. Any bros driving it and any feedback on the car ?

Thanks

Me too. Very interested in the Passat Variant 2.0 R-Line.

I made an offer of $165k (while COE was $46,229 and total basic cost of the car was $141k).

Profit to dealer is $24k on a $38k OMV.

63% profit margin.

Sadly, they not interested in selling the car to me.

Maybe if we buy together, 2pcs, they might be more willing to sell.

↡ Advertisement