Passat B8

Anderang

2d_v1.jpg

AFAIK, there will be a gap of about an inch between the bottom of the head restraint and the top of the seat's backrest.

Mine is 3-4inch up.

i've got a problem pushing the front head rests down fully too!

i'm not a tall guy so it's funny looking in from the outside!

Totally agreed. Joke is head restraint for safety but when your head can't even reached, what safety? Volkswagen should put min height for driver and passenger in their spec.

Mine is 3-4inch up.

Totally agreed. Joke is head restraint for safety but when your head can't even reached, what safety? Volkswagen should put min height for driver and passenger in their spec.

3-4 inch is abnormal.  Mine at its lowest point is about an inch only, just like in the above photo.

Have you guys tried pulling out the head restraint completely, and then re-install them?  Hopefully that will loosen something so the gap can close up.

I should mention I had a hard time removing the head restraint when I needed to install a hook for hanging kopi-o. But once I managed to dislodged it, subsequent attempt to adjust the head restraint's height was smooth and easy.

Screen%20Shot%202017-12-10%20at%2019.49.

Removing front head restraints in vehicles with longitudinally adjustable head restraints

If necessary, adjust the backrest so that the head restraint can be removed.

Push the head restraint fully towards the top and back .

On both sides, insert a flat object, e.g. a plastic card, between the backrest cover and the cover of the rods holding the head restraint and

release the rods simultaneously while applying slight pressure ⇒ Fig. 111 ①.

Pull the head restraint out completely.

Edited by Bluemint

i am perplexed.

i refuelled the car this evening and the receipt showed that i pumped 66.47litres into my fuel tank.

and the orange light hasn't even come on yet?! my owner's manual tells me that the fuel tank has a capacity of 66 litres.?

can anyone shed some light on this?

i am perplexed.

i refuelled the car this evening and the receipt showed that i pumped 66.47litres into my fuel tank.

and the orange light hasn't even come on yet?! my owner's manual tells me that the fuel tank has a capacity of 66 litres.?

can anyone shed some light on this?

You should still have at least 6 litres to go before the light comes on. Either the sensor is faulty or you were cheated at the gas station.

The biggest top up I had was 58+ litres though. Light was just up.

You should still have at least 6 litres to go before the light comes on. Either the sensor is faulty or you were cheated at the gas station.

The biggest top up I had was 58+ litres though. Light was just up.

it happened twice. once in JB, 64litres with no light on, which i blamed it on tampered fuel pump at the station.

then again at a Shell station in Singapore. 66litres with no orange light on again.

i'm keeping the receipt to show it to VW at the next servicing.

it happened twice. once in JB, 64litres with no light on, which i blamed it on tampered fuel pump at the station.

then again at a Shell station in Singapore. 66litres with no orange light on again.

i'm keeping the receipt to show it to VW at the next servicing.

Drive till out of fuel

Think no matter how light footed you can be, for the urbanized road types we have, i reckon it's good to just top up after about 750km of mileage.

Not sure if the extra can be attributed to some emergency tank. Can't seem to find any info on this online.

Think no matter how light footed you can be, for the urbanized road types we have, i reckon it's good to just top up after about 750km of mileage.

Not sure if the extra can be attributed to some emergency tank. Can't seem to find any info on this online.

you can get 750km per tankful?

that's quite good really!

better than my expectations.

Yes, better than my expectations too.

Anyway, I also tested the tank capacity and drove till the lights came up. The meter showed that I could go another 50km and I've just hit 713km.

I attribute the lower range with the back-to-school traffic, and change to lesser highway drive.

Surprise surprise, I managed to top up 68litres.

Yes, better than my expectations too.

Anyway, I also tested the tank capacity and drove till the lights came up. The meter showed that I could go another 50km and I've just hit 713km.

I attribute the lower range with the back-to-school traffic, and change to lesser highway drive.

Surprise surprise, I managed to top up 68litres.

haha, it would mean that they under declared their fuel tank capacity for this car.

so the JB petrol kiosk didn't tamper with their meter after all!

Samples.jpg

I made these Station Logos not long ago, and recently added two new stations to the collection.

It's made for my B8's MIB Discover Pro (Gen 2).  I *think* it should work for older generation.

If there are stations I miss, drop me a line and I may add them for you.

The zip file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ub530816z9ebp6/SG_Radio_Station_Logos_%2820180108%29.zip

th_2017-08-16%2012.31.12.jpg

• Praise 1

Samples.jpg

I made these Station Logos not long ago, and recently added two new stations to the collection.

It's made for my B8's MIB Discover Pro (Gen 2).  I *think* it should work for older generation.

If there are stations I miss, drop me a line and I may add them for you.

The zip file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ub530816z9ebp6/SG_Radio_Station_Logos_%2820180108%29.zip

th_2017-08-16%2012.31.12.jpg

I tried to download. It says threat has being detected. 

Have you added in the new Biz station ?

Thanks.for sharing.

Alternatively, go to the VW dialogue bay. They can install it for you.

Edited by Sdf4786k

I tried to download. It says threat has being detected. 

Have you added in the new Biz station ?

Thanks.for sharing.

Alternatively, go to the VW dialogue bay. They can install it for you.

Yes, the new MoneyFM 89.3 is included, as seen on the top row of the sample.  There's also a new Chinese station 96.3 好FM.

I wonder what kind of threat it could be?  The zip file contains just .png files.  Hmm... but I'm a macOS user so maybe the zip file is not entirely compatible? 

I didn't know they do that at the Dialogue Bay.  That's nice!

Edited by Bluemint