Passat B8

Anderang

Happy CNY guys!

The discover pro navigation maps are really frustrating.

Yesterday went parkroyal @ pickering. Cannot locate.

Today tried to go blossom residences, EC more than a year already. Also cannot locate.

Sigh...

Looks like may need to go back VCS for update and get carrot for 730 bucks.

Why not update it yourself?

Yes, I was told to pay them for them to update the maps.  Even the official site imply I need a special sdcard.

But it's not true.  I download the updates and updated the maps myself (and did it on my iMac so I'm sure you can do it on a PC too.)

th_2018-11-27%2014.01.56.jpgth_2018-11-27%2014.02.49.jpgth_2018-11-27%2014.03.02.jpgth_2018-11-27%2014.09.15-1.jpgth_2018-11-27%2014.37.25.jpg

It takes a long time to download, and even longer to upload into the car.  Fortunately, both processes are resumable so you don't need to do it all in one session.  You just have to be patient.

As much as I like to detail the process, I honestly don't remember.  I'd try my best to recall if anyone is interested.

• Praise 1

Hi all, I just bought a Passat Comfortline which doesn’t come with a reverse parking camera. I was told by the SE that I could get it installed by an outside workshop, and that this would not void my warranty as long as the workshop uses original VW parts and camera.

Can anyone confirm whether the above is true? I hope to have VW confirm this in black and white, but don’t think they would be willing.

@clickb8 dont think so...all variants comes with it afaik....even quick check in Malaysia's VW website has the camera listed for comfortline, join and highline...last time was trendline, comfortline, comfortline plus and highline...better get it checked...r u in MY? Whr did u buy

@clickb8 dont think so...all variants comes with it afaik....even quick check in Malaysia's VW website has the camera listed for comfortline, join and highline...last time was trendline, comfortline, comfortline plus and highline...better get it checked...r u in MY? Whr did u buy

Confirmed reverse camera not included for Comfortline. The front and rear sensors are there so there is still beeping indicator and 2D visual graphic on the composite media head unit.

Hi all, I just bought a Passat Comfortline which doesn’t come with a reverse parking camera. I was told by the SE that I could get it installed by an outside workshop, and that this would not void my warranty as long as the workshop uses original VW parts and camera.

Can anyone confirm whether the above is true? I hope to have VW confirm this in black and white, but don’t think they would be willing.

I was told the same thing by my SE (perhaps we were served by the same person). No black & white given. Requested contact from SE and  went ahead to install both reverse camera + Active Info Display 2 weeks upon collection.

I was told the same thing by my SE (perhaps we were served by the same person). No black & white given. Requested contact from SE and  went ahead to install both reverse camera + Active Info Display 2 weeks upon collection.

can PM me which contact u went for the installation?

So install out with original VW part warranty will not be affected?

I only put in the spare wheel when I go for road trips.

Better to get a full size wheel then a space saver.

In Singapore just get AA tow truck to tow to tyre shop

That’s how I do it lah

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros, I'm new here as I just bought a Passat B8 comfortline. I've been poisoning myself recently by looking through all the cool upgrades like AID and reverse cam. I've read someone posted about Jimmy CBX able to do the supply and install but the amount he quoted was really high close to 4k+ for both. Is that the market price?

• Praise 1

This is like the most amazing post ever! But the link doesn't work anymore :(

Does anyone still have the logos file with them?

Samples.jpg

I made these Station Logos not long ago, and recently added two new stations to the collection.

It's made for my B8's MIB Discover Pro (Gen 2).  I *think* it should work for older generation.

If there are stations I miss, drop me a line and I may add them for you.

The zip file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ub530816z9ebp6/SG_Radio_Station_Logos_%2820180108%29.zip

th_2017-08-16%2012.31.12.jpg

Hi

As mine is the comfortline from year 2017.

I wish to now install the reverse cam and may consider changing to the current new 8" composition media HU with app connect from my current 6.5" composition media. Or may consider the MIB2 navigation HU. Need to know the price different.

Anyone know which installer to look for? elebest? jimmy? Avantage VAG?

Is there any other one to ask ard?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1