Passat B8

Anderang

I bought a DSP with plug and play harness. The DSP fits perfectly inside the centre console behind the touch screen. Thereafter you could use your mobile phone to tune the system to maximised the potential of the factory speakers. The bass and mid can actually be bring out. Also, the DSP works as an amp as well thus delivering more powerful and clearer signal to the speakers. After tuning, the EQ is such a mess. It means the stock system is so out of tune. The DSP has 31 band EQ and 8 channel output capability. It has optical out as well and thus lots of expansion capability.   

IMG_0904.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Maverickguo
↡ Advertisement

On the brink to purchase a 2015/2016 passat B8 highline. Would like to check if theres any place to do pre purchase checks before committing (especially the famous DSG/mech issues) Previously i recall VW do it, but cant seems to find it anywhere in their webby. 

also would like to check if theres any other majors issues to take note.. 

Thanks in advance to all gurus! 

On 10/10/2020 at 7:03 PM, bdo said:

Hi

Just finish 3 foc servicing.

AD pestered to take up pkg for  60k, 75k& 90k km but  only 25% off parts.

I was surprised he insisted no auto transmission oil change needed !

brakepads & brake disc are wear & tear will be extra.

hi all, also just finished 3 foc servicing

AD gave a quotation on package for 60k, 75k and 90k km servicing and said that parts would be foc as it would be under warranty. however, i read online that parts would be additional cost and not covered under servicing. 

Any bro out there with advice on this. Really appreciate it thanks!

Standards stuff like wear and tear not covered by the service package but there are some discount for these parts. Changed my brake disc at around $600+. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, would like your thoughts & advice. 

Someone banged into the side of my car at a car park while it was parked. Obviously that fella didn't leave any note.. 

The passat is only slightly over a year old (ouch...)  It happened this evening. Haven't called the dealer yet. Am sure its gonna cost me an arm & a leg.

Are there any other alternatives besides going back to VW ? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Cheers!

41 minutes ago, vdub2019 said:

Hi All, would like your thoughts & advice. 

Someone banged into the side of my car at a car park while it was parked. Obviously that fella didn't leave any note.. 

The passat is only slightly over a year old (ouch...)  It happened this evening. Haven't called the dealer yet. Am sure its gonna cost me an arm & a leg.

Are there any other alternatives besides going back to VW ? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Cheers!

If it is just scratches and dents, need not go back to agent.

11 minutes ago, vdub2019 said:

Thanks WWBarb, but its kind of like this. Any reliable place recommended ?

20201208_214841.jpg

20201208_214844.jpg

I have no experience with that but i would google for panel beating workshops... Read some good reviews on M.S panel beating...

1 hour ago, vdub2019 said:

Thanks WWBarb, but its kind of like this. Any reliable place recommended ?

Any area in particular? I am Eastsider so can only recommend east side like kaki Bt. 

Hi all,

Been experiencing some rattling sounds coming from the sunroof area when driving over uneven surfaces. Anybody experiencing this issue and what you've done to make the sound disappear? All help appreciated! Thanks

↡ Advertisement