Passat B8

Anderang

On 11/9/2021 at 5:52 PM, VLEE said:

Hi, my B8 Variant (4 years old) noticed oil stain on the floor and low coolant alert recently. This morning I sent in for 75K servicing and confirmed oil leaked from engine and coolant pump needs to be replaced. Luckily all covered under warranty. So far, anyone has such issues within few years and is it normal for turbocharged car to have oil leak? How about gearbox? Anything I need to take note before my 5 years warranty? Thanks.

if you see the engine oil consumption too high, then it is a tell tale sign that the sealant got problem. better sell it ASAP before warranty end.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, khee76 said:

if you see the engine oil consumption too high, then it is a tell tale sign that the sealant got problem. better sell it ASAP before warranty end.

Er, since still under warranty, why not get the sealant changed before selling? Or continue driving after that? 

Sorry, if I missed something here.

Perhaps cos I believe in karma regardless when or in what forms, I think it is being a responsible human being to not kick the problem to the next owner, more so when one likely to pay nothing or minimal to fix this problem cos of valid warranty. 

Just me lah. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

On 11/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, PSP415 said:

Er, since still under warranty, why not get the sealant changed before selling? Or continue driving after that? 

Sorry, if I missed something here.

Perhaps cos I believe in karma regardless when or in what forms, I think it is being a responsible human being to not kick the problem to the next owner, more so when one likely to pay nothing or minimal to fix this problem cos of valid warranty. 

Just me lah. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

I have a bad experience with turbocharge car. Once it start to leak engine oil, then it comes with multiple failure. 

Doesn't means the next owner is going to get the problem. Whoever buy a 2nd hand car will expect something as well. Afterall, resale car will likely be cheaper than a new car. Alot of time VW do not fetch a good resales anyway. Most dealer will give a low trade-in value for VW. It is just whether you want to face this after warranty over. 

Neutral Newbie

Hello fellow passat owner. Any Passat B8 active chat / group chat to join ? Previously 3 other vw car owner. First time owning a Passat.

Neutral Newbie

I have just created a telegram chat for Passat owner.

Can search for @volkswagenpassatsg in telegram.

See you! 

↡ Advertisement