Passat B8

Anderang

i am also puzzled. hope was not due to the fault of odometer :o

shall keep monitoring and update you guys ...

Next time do a manual calculation to verify the odometer numbers.

i am just wondering if B8 support Apple CarPlay?

Yes. Both android auto & apple carplay.

Next time do a manual calculation to verify the odometer numbers.

I was not referring to the consumption shown in the system.

My data were basing on the distance recorded in odometer and liter of petrol filled in the tank. Last record was 900+km / 45 Liter.

This is in Apple web page:

http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

Is B8 the 2016 Passat?

attachicon.gifVW model support CarPlay.JPG

I was trying to connect my phone to my car Android Auto, it keeps saying can't connect and phone was locked. Try to unplug, usb debugged, change the default setting to Android Auto, but no luck.

Finally, go back house and use another usb cable... the Android Auto start install and configuring... here I have Android Auto in my car and phone connecting.

New try - Mirrorlink. My phone suppose come in Mirrorlink but after upgrade to Android 6.0, the Mirrorlink was missing. Sending an email to phone maker, hopefully they will update the software with Mirrorlink.

Here is my 2nd "Wife"

attachicon.gifMCF 310116.jpg

Congrats! Don't know why cant view your image though..

Any bros who got the new b8 can share experience regarding passat's

1. Noise and vibration from cabin

2. 7Speed DSG

Thank you!

• Praise 1

1. Noise - this one of the main reason I choose this car. Very quiet and hardly hear the noise outside. I compare to the Subaru Levorg and Infiniti Q50 which in my final shortlist.

2. 7sp DSG - after hear about all the horror story about this gearbox, still can resist how responsive and clever about it. It interact with you most of the time. Forget and stop worry the chances of broken down then enjoy every moment you and the car.

• Praise 1

1. Noise - this one of the main reason I choose this car. Very quiet and hardly hear the noise outside. I compare to the Subaru Levorg and Infiniti Q50 which in my final shortlist.

2. 7sp DSG - after hear about all the horror story about this gearbox, still can resist how responsive and clever about it. It interact with you most of the time. Forget and stop worry the chances of broken down then enjoy every moment you and the car.

1. I agree with bro letov on the excellent insulation of the car. It is really quiet inside.

2. Failure rate of DSG has fallen sharply as compared to couple of years back. I say just enjoy the drive and not to worry on this aspect.

I was trying to connect my phone to my car Android Auto, it keeps saying can't connect and phone was locked. Try to unplug, usb debugged, change the default setting to Android Auto, but no luck.

Finally, go back house and use another usb cable... the Android Auto start install and configuring... here I have Android Auto in my car and phone connecting.

New try - Mirrorlink. My phone suppose come in Mirrorlink but after upgrade to Android 6.0, the Mirrorlink was missing. Sending an email to phone maker, hopefully they will update the software with Mirrorlink.

Bro letov,

I tried to connect my phone to android auto and also cannot connect.

Just to check, need to install any app on the phone before the connection can work?

• Praise 1

1. I agree with bro letov on the excellent insulation of the car. It is really quiet inside.

2. Failure rate of DSG has fallen sharply as compared to couple of years back. I say just enjoy the drive and not to worry on this aspect.

Bro, this would more or less be a perfect car if VW can change to the ZF 8-speed GB. :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 2

Thanks all for the feedback! Reason why i was asking because i have a similar A3 with the 7DSG (which should be exactly the same).

The A3 with the 7DSG can feel a bit rough at lower speed, especially when in a traffic jam, so was wondering if the passat has similar characteristics when at low speed. At high speed or when accelerating, the 7DSG is awesome, no question! :)

Bro, this would more or less be a perfect car if VW can change to the ZF 8-speed GB. :we-all-gonna-die:

Exactly... Even if the cost is slightly higher, i am sure will have a lot more buyers. Hahahaha!

Bro letov,

I tried to connect my phone to android auto and also cannot connect.

Just to check, need to install any app on the phone before the connection can work?

U need to install Android Auto. Google Search the apk as u can't download from Singapore google playstore.

U need to install Android Auto. Google Search the apk as u can't download from Singapore google playstore.

Thanks for the heads up bro.

Wrote a feedback to VCS to "complain" about not getting the latest map update for the discover pro HU. Though I collected the  B8 on 30 Dec 2015, the navigation maps are not the latest and lacking in several roads.

Finally VCS told me they finished testing the latest discover pro update and I can proceed to order the software update. It will set me back by 730 bucks. Basically is to buy the license for the latest discover pro software which comes with the latest maps.

Told VCS since I only got the car for 1 month plus, i requested for one-time free update. But was told this is management decision. Still need to pay.

Wrote a feedback to VCS to "complain" about not getting the latest map update for the discover pro HU. Though I collected the  B8 on 30 Dec 2015, the navigation maps are not the latest and lacking in several roads.

Finally VCS told me they finished testing the latest discover pro update and I can proceed to order the software update. It will set me back by 730 bucks. Basically is to buy the license for the latest discover pro software which comes with the latest maps.

Told VCS since I only got the car for 1 month plus, i requested for one-time free update. But was told this is management decision. Still need to pay.

[furious]  [bigcry] I think only VW do this...Car less than 2 months old..,go to CASE...see can help or not,my Mazda 6,already 3 years,still can get FREE map upgrade from TomTom.

• Praise 1

it is exactly the same problem as mine.

To re-load the software, it took me about 2 hours there. 

It is the one called "since refuel".

According to the service rep, it is different software that controls the system clock. He had it re-loaded last Saturday but the reading was re-set again after running merely 160km.

Bro, looks like I'm experiencing the same issue as you after visiting VW.

Clock issue resolved till date.

Odometer issue resolved when software was updated but after abt 160km plus, the "after refuel" resets to be in synch with " since start".but "extended period" still ok.

Have you gone back to VW abt this issue?

↡ Advertisement