Dilemma between the Jag XE, Merc CLA250SB & BMW 330i(F30)

mcs08

Yes, the interior isn't exactly luxurious as what we are expecting of Jaguar, in terms of quality. Design-wise, I'm definitely bought over with its simplicity. Handling is good, steering is precise and ride comfort is adequate. 

The final part that won my signature and made the decision was the availability of their 237hp model. That sealed the deal for me. It was no more a tough choice.

Although i'm still ironing out some spec issues with them, i'm sure things will turn out fine eventually [thumbsup]

Not sure if you are aware but the XE 3.0 is here! It has 335bhp and is 259k before discount! :grin:

The fast and the furious Jag!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not sure if you are aware but the XE 3.0 is here! It has 335bhp and is 259k before discount! :grin:

The fast and the furious Jag!

Yep, the 3.0 is XE S and was available for purchase all the while. There were none in Sg and will have to be ordered in.

I was told the price was 265k, or somewhat in that region. That was before the drop in COE. 

Definitely the S will be fast and furious! With that amount of ponies and all the added adaptive suspension and what not, is will be an amazing ride! Furthermore, the exhaust tune is soooooo mesmerizing with the scream and the pops! :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

Seriously, i really don't see a point in having too powerful a drive in sg (altho many might beg to differ!)....probably in the region of 200bhp, depending on the curb weight as well, seems just right for our local roads. It's hard to have a car without being able to stretch its 'legs' from time to time. 

• Praise 1

Yep, the 3.0 is XE S and was available for purchase all the while. There were none in Sg and will have to be ordered in.

I was told the price was 265k, or somewhat in that region. That was before the drop in COE. 

Definitely the S will be fast and furious! With that amount of ponies and all the added adaptive suspension and what not, is will be an amazing ride! Furthermore, the exhaust tune is soooooo mesmerizing with the scream and the pops! :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

Seriously, i really don't see a point in having too powerful a drive in sg (altho many might beg to differ!)....probably in the region of 200bhp, depending on the curb weight as well, seems just right for our local roads. It's hard to have a car without being able to stretch its 'legs' from time to time. 

I think 200BHP 350NM or thereabouts, very well balanced, can have a little bit of fun, not too costly in super car region. SG roads have places for cars to stretch its legs.. Just do it when nobody around and don't get caught!  [laugh]

Bro, I also agree it is very hard to chiong in Singapore.

To me it's more of an affordability thingy. If it is within my budget, I will just get the highest horse and most-gadget model. It makes overtaking from the left (under-taking?) easier as there are quite a number of road hogs these days. Our leaders once said cannot depend on others (to move aside) as no one owes us a living, so I'm just following their kind guidance. :grin:  

• Praise 2

I think 200BHP 350NM or thereabouts, very well balanced, can have a little bit of fun, not too costly in super car region. SG roads have places for cars to stretch its legs.. Just do it when nobody around and don't get caught!  [laugh]

:grin: All's legal till the authorities are involved  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

:grin: All's legal till the authorities are involved  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Aiya.. with the amount of goodus and lousy drivers on our roads, coupled with traffic jams, sometimes it's okay to have some fun, of course, without endangering others. 

That said, I haven't fiddled too much with the F30 but I have seen the XE and CLA upclose extensively. The CLA interior really pales in comparison with the newer C-class. Hence when it comes to interior design, quality, feel and space, the XE will come out top among these 3 options. 

If you check out online reviews enough, you'd realise the Jaguar XE is actually very popular and is giving the usual suspects German offerings like C-class, Audi A4 and BMW 3 series, a good run for their money.

Aiya.. with the amount of goodus and lousy drivers on our roads, coupled with traffic jams, sometimes it's okay to have some fun, of course, without endangering others. 

That said, I haven't fiddled too much with the F30 but I have seen the XE and CLA upclose extensively. The CLA interior really pales in comparison with the newer C-class. Hence when it comes to interior design, quality, feel and space, the XE will come out top among these 3 options. 

If you check out online reviews enough, you'd realise the Jaguar XE is actually very popular and is giving the usual suspects German offerings like C-class, Audi A4 and BMW 3 series, a good run for their money.

F%#King tell me about those idiots!! They are like car-sized cockroaches bugging up our roads.

Many times i wonder if its the failure of our driving tests or themselves as a human being. I'd think it's more of the second! 

Yep, been reading and looking up video reviews of the XE and the new Jags are really bringing the trio on a triathlon. 

Car aside, I believe in Sales quality as well. Besides Audi, of which I did not visit, Wearnes & PML has got good sales.

Cycle, until i see a good drop in their market share, it will be off my list as their sales people is simply not worth paying for. Yes, to the extent of me forsaking a preferred car choice! 

Am glad as it lead me to the doors of the XE though  [smash]

Enough in SG, more than enuf.  But up North, it is barely adequate.