White Honda civic giving out smoke

Bluepica

Was following behind you yesterday 6 Jan 16 along TPE towards ECP around 830am. the traffic was heavy  and almost bumper to bumper... I noticed your car keep releasing a lot of smoke from the front wheel, under the bonnet... I'm not sure if you realised it or not... u exited at ECP towards City... I can't catch up to notify u.....

sorry, forget the car number... need to check my DVR... but if that does match the description, please take note of your car.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Recently people don't seem to take care of their cars. Just yesterday morning saw a suzuki swift smoking really badly and there was this burnt rubber smell coming from it. Then after that his engine started revving like crazy and he had to stop at the side of the road.

Yes, I share that view too.

Observed cars that have screeching brakes and make squeeking sounds when on the move.

Guess people deferring as much as possible to tong until Year 10.

Just like the F16 releasing smoke during National Day Parade fly past .... :grin:

Yes uncle . Lol.

I see some cars have streaks of blue neon light at the door, on the roof and even outside the car on the handles. Is this trending also ?

White smoke meaning engine gasket gone liao? I saw an AUDI having a lot of white smoke..

Read properly la... smoke coming out from front, not the exhaust la...

oh wait... could be his exhaust blocked, and the exhaust gasket at the engine bay pecah....

few days ago saw a car stopped at the road shoulder before tpe changi village exit. lots of smoke coming out from the bonnet and owner standing helplessly near the car. 

high time all car owners should standby fire extinguisher in your boot. could save your own ass (or your 100k car).

never know you may save a life too.

Recently people don't seem to take care of their cars. Just yesterday morning saw a suzuki swift smoking really badly and there was this burnt rubber smell coming from it. Then after that his engine started revving like crazy and he had to stop at the side of the road.

Maybe their cars reaching 10th year soon and wants to scrap their car soon?!

Twincharged

Maybe their cars reaching 10th year soon and wants to scrap their car soon?!

Dunno. But SJ plates should have at least 2 years left?

Is it smoke or water vapour ? Water vapour can also be white in colour. It could be old water hose that cool the radiator leak, giving the white steam. Nothing serious, just change the hose will do and cheap. But I may be wrong.

Edited by Renegade777

Turbocharged

Recommended to check AC fan once in a while with AC running. If not working, better get it replaced asap. My radiator koyak becos of d AC fan faulty n it happened at d causeway.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I share that view too.

Observed cars that have screeching brakes and make squeeking sounds when on the move.

Guess people deferring as much as possible to tong until Year 10.

I was guilty of tonging my car till year 10 without maintenance and tire change..I drove slowly to go through the last few months. But heng heng my car didn't give out white smoke
↡ Advertisement