2016 Recession Year? Gloom and doom 2017!

Scion

IMHO, Japan's NIRP is a dance move with the US that benefits the latter more than the former, part of the USD life support system while the US attempts to disarm the threats to the petrodollar system in the Middle East. This means that NIRP will likely be sustained as long as the risk of SA establishing an alternative to the petrodollar system (with China and Russia) remains high.

The signal for NIRP cessation should be the bottoming of oil prices and the reversal of crude bearish trend. Based on SA's fast depleting reserves (refer to the animated GIF below for projections based on $30/bbl to $80/bbl), it may not be too far away especially if crude prices fall below $20/bbl.

output_bzFDgP.gif

The Japanese companies are sitting on big cash reserves so this probably means more M&A or overseas investments by them. Any guess on how long this negative interest rate will last?

↡ Advertisement

looks like ship is coming back again

set sail only for 1.5 days

everybody went for a short cruise to nowhere before CNY is it?

:D

• Praise 1

Turkey? Siapa orang?

US can't be bothered or really can't afford to bother with that one...but immediately kpkb when Ma visit the Taipi island.

Low chances for a ww3 except when siao ah pui was drunk n ordered a full launch...or entertainer Trump becomes the head of state n go all out to "claim back" from China...

To be honest, I hope Trump-gor can become the next US president. Because I think he is the only one that can solve all our impasses in the world now. He acts and talks faster than what his brain can process. We need this kind of character traits to bring us hope.  

• Praise 2

Seriously? :o  "He acts and talks faster than what his brain can process"

To be honest, I hope Trump-gor can become the next US president. Because I think he is the only one that can solve all our impasses in the world now. He acts and talks faster than what his brain can process. We need this kind of character traits to bring us hope.  

• Praise 1

Seriously? :o  "He acts and talks faster than what his brain can process"

you should support this

afterall, trump becoming president will probably bring all the doomsday scenarios you have been posting so far to fruition

Being a successful businessman is very different from potentially being a successful President.

This guy is brash and straight talking which may work in the business world but in the complex world of politics, a certain level of diplomacy is required which he is not capable of and may bite off more than he can chew esp when he needs to negotiate, rub shoulders with World leaders of different culture. He can't go in with a "we are the World's only superpower so when we Americans talk, u better listen" attitude. Don't think the Chinese, Germans, Israelis etc will stand for that.

• Praise 10

Ah but it is not my hope for the doomsday scenarios to happen. They are just my projections based on how things are going worldwide currently. Much as I wish for things to be rosier, they just aren't and pretending that everything is fine and dandy isn't really going to make the changes necessary for improvement.

you should support this

afterall, trump becoming president will probably bring all the doomsday scenarios you have been posting so far to fruition

Edited by OmOm
  • Praise 1

you should support this

bookmakers put his odds at 3.

and Hillary less than 1

Ah but it is not my hope for the doomsday scenarios to happen. They are just my projections based on how things are going worldwide currently. Much as I wish for things to be rosier, they just aren't and pretending that everything is fine and dandy isn't really going to make the changes necessary for improvement.

a layman's question...

is the worse over?

• Praise 1

If you are referring to the global economy, unfortunately we are still in the woods and the path out is still not clear and certain yet. To compound the issue, the guides (central banks) that we have been depending on for directions have just turned to us and are saying with a sheepish grin on their faces, "oops, I guess that was the wrong way to go".

is the worse over?

Being a successful businessman is very different from potentially being a successful President.

This guy is brash and straight talking which may work in the business world but in the complex world of politics, a certain level of diplomacy is required which he is not capable of and may bite off more than he can chew esp when he needs to negotiate, rub shoulders with World leaders of different culture. He can't go in with a "we are the World's only superpower so when we Americans talk, u better listen" attitude. Don't think the Chinese, Germans, Israelis etc will stand for that.

Doesn't Singapore's success lies in the way it's run like an enterprise? Singapore Inc.

If our leaders can run the country like an enterprise and make money, it makes sense for Trump to run US like one and that would fix their economic problems. It doesn't necessarily spell good for Singapore though as he has some radical ideas in his head.

Edited by Pmet

Doesn't Singapore's success lies in the way it's run like an enterprise? Singapore Inc.

If our leaders can run the country like an enterprise and make money, it makes sense for Trump to run US like one and that would fix their economic problems. It doesn't necessarily spell good for Singapore though as he has some radical ideas in his head.

I don't doubt Trump's business acumen n it is possible I suppose to run USA as an enterprise. What I doubt is his brash ways n straight talking which can be very damaging in world politics.

U may think he will tone down when he becomes President which maybe the case but I personally doubt cos that's his character n all his speeches so far have been his usual style from demeaning women, challenging Muslims etc. A leopard doesn't change his spots I feel.

• Praise 6

Supercharged

i got the latest news about HSBC.

They implemented pay freeze for all staff across worldwide for 2016   [dead]

I don't doubt Trump's business acumen n it is possible I suppose to run USA as an enterprise. What I doubt is his brash ways n straight talking which can be very damaging in world politics.

U may think he will tone down when he becomes President which maybe the case but I personally doubt cos that's his character n all his speeches so far have been his usual style from demeaning women, challenging Muslims etc. A leopard doesn't change his spots I feel.

If he's the next President, USA will have more 911 Twin Tower 'incident' coming...........  God save America

• Praise 3

I cannot fathom Trump being the next POTUS.

There is still much suspicion and doubt surrounding Hillary and the Benghazi saga.

So the race is pretty much wide open like the English Premier League football this season (nobody wants to win the league title except Leicester City). [laugh]

I'm all about Bernie Sanders.

Nobody is paying attention to him internationally but he's the dark horse in this race and if he wins i'll be sure to quote this post to everyone to make myself look wiser than I actually am [:p]

I wonder what people think about Bernie's plans and ideas to empower the American middle class and how this might impact the world economy in the long run.

Feel The Bern

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2