Teachers may soon have to pay to park in schools.

Friendstar

Very soon, Army camp gonna charge for parking too.  Including all the Tanks, GP cars, Rovers. Air Force will charge for parking of the jets. Next time you go back camp reservist.. need to pay parking too.. 

They'd better reimburse me for that if they start that sort of nonsense. We don't do ICT by choice.

For goodness sake, can MOE please don't spend time on this 超级无聊 topic that pissed everyone and pleased no one

Instead, please look into teacher-student ratio in a typical classroom setting. Don't tell me the ratio is now 1 is to 20 or 1 is to 25.... I only believe what I see. You walk into a typical class, it is usually 1 is to 30+++++

Don't gives me statistic.... There are many staff under SEO and GEO schemes but not teaching at all.

Basket. Come on man. What's wrong with giving teachers this privilege? So are they going to make military personnel pay for parking in army camps? To be fair, make all uniform civil servants like Police, traffic police, military, doctors, all must pay for carpark.

Edited by Roh96

Looks like HDB season parking should increase soon.

Only if they throw in a free car wash by the friendly neighbourhood FW part timers  [laugh]

Let's not begrudge the teachers their free parking.  Sheesh.   

Many of them are overworked and take their students work home to mark etc.  

Not saying that doctors and lawyers aren't overworked as well.

Does that means from now onwards, teachers can claim mileage, parking charges and taxi fares if they are required to go off site for meetings like all other civil servants

MOE please chut black and white to make it clear to every one.

Heard that its an existing component...

When you start off with something, you're going into it with your eyes open. So new teachers would've weighed this in their minds and done their sums before embarking on their careers.

Not so for the established ones, for whom a change like this will come as an unwelcome surprise.

And so what if teachers can get a nice car? Singaporeans all seem to love four-wheeled shiny things, it's a national obsession despite being priced at a level that defies reason, so why should they be any different? If they are in a good mood getting to work, all the better for our children.

the young teacher (fresh graduate maybe) may not afford to get a car at starting pay, if they got one mean they are coming from better off family (i also see a bright color 2-door TC car driven by a young teacher in a school). Do they seriously let this charges stop them from pursuing their dream job as a teacher?

The established one started young, the mid career switcher some do it for passion some take it as a temporary escape route. Perhaps the school give more subsidize to senior teacher.

• Praise 1

Can teachers claim transport allowance or taxi when they stay back in sch to give extra lessons at night?

Can they claim mileage when they are being sent to other places to attend seminars, workshops, meetings?

Can they claim phone billings when bringing students to overseas trip?

Can they claim taxi from home to airport for school overseas trip?

I can confidently say no to the above. And now MOE wants to make them pay for carpark. And they want to attract talents into this profession. I'm speechless.

New year -> new objectives setting -> new KPI formulation; someone is out for blood with this idea of charging.

probably a new AO who wants to get his A grade. [laugh]

New year -> new objectives setting -> new KPI formulation; someone is out for blood with this idea of charging.

Yah. Someone trying to score KPI.

Not forgetting school canteen stall owners. I guess they will be affected as well. Higher operating cost, bo pian have to pass the cost to consumers. Up prices for food and drinks..the chain effect will propagate down.

probably a new AO who wants to get his A grade. [laugh]

oops..... then I suppose he/she tripped it up. Unless 他的干爹够硬,压得下来,不然麻烦喽

For your information, they paid parking fee in their stations. Open space parking and covered parking different rates.

I paid $45/- per month (open space) the last time and had since retired from service (8 yrs leow). Don't know how much they charge now ?

Covered car park or basement car park used to cost $90 per vehicle.  :lll._.:

OIC...so they do pay parking fee.....