Teachers may soon have to pay to park in schools.

Friendstar

Actually, some of the things you mentioned can claim.

Actually, MOE has met their quota of teachers. It is now very strict in recruiting new teachers.

Can teachers claim transport allowance or taxi when they stay back in sch to give extra lessons at night?

Can they claim mileage when they are being sent to other places to attend seminars, workshops, meetings?

Can they claim phone billings when bringing students to overseas trip?

Can they claim taxi from home to airport for school overseas trip?

I can confidently say no to the above. And now MOE wants to make them pay for carpark. And they want to attract talents into this profession. I'm speechless.

Edited by Pioneer
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Actually, some of the things you mentioned can claim.

Actually, MOE has met their quota of teachers. It is now very strict in recruiting new teachers.

meet quota and retaining them is seperate matter.

Meet quota is ez to do.  But how they can retain these teachers after 1st, 2nd contract ends, is a bigger headache.

Erection time - how ?? got free parking for teachers ?? as the IU will be coded for season parking for one particular school only  

Parent Volunteers , Parent Teacher meeting also kenna pay; even though its on weekends; Also those in the alumni and come for sports days and school functions all kenna pay ... huat lah!!   

• Praise 1

meet quota and retaining them is seperate matter.

Meet quota is ez to do.  But how they can retain these teachers after 1st, 2nd contract ends, is a bigger headache.

That's why they have 'connect plan' to keep teachers. When you are at prime age, pay out also at max to keep u. When u start receiving elder shield plan, connect plan will also start shrinking. Zheng hu very clever.

ownself comprain ownself [grin]

ownself pay ownself [laugh]

ownself sabo ownself

That's why they have 'connect plan' to keep teachers. When you are at prime age, pay out also at max to keep u. When u start receiving elder shield plan, connect plan will also start shrinking. Zheng hu very clever.

ownself sabo ownself

yeah yeah!!!! :XD:  :XD: :XD:  :XD:  

wonder who is the sabo king? :grin:

I'm not a teacher nor a staff in any school but hello ... what's the problem with free parking for teachers/staff of school ???  [smash]  [confused]

I'm working in private sector and know of some companies who provide transport allowance, parking subsidy, etc ... as a benefit (only for certain level of employees). 

I think those teachers/staff who drive to school must be fuming mad at such suggestion by person X ....  [bounce1]

If this goes through, very well I think the next govt organization to implement is SAF ... paid parking in all SAF camps even for reservist ...   [sweatdrop]  

How can MOE introduce paid parking in schools if it is not done at the same time for all public organisations including army camps. ? Army so special ? Likewise I wonder if the police officers parking at police station compunds will also be asked to pay for parking?. Want to implement then do so throughout all govt bodies.

Can teachers claim transport allowance or taxi when they stay back in sch to give extra lessons at night?

Can they claim mileage when they are being sent to other places to attend seminars, workshops, meetings?

Can they claim phone billings when bringing students to overseas trip?

Can they claim taxi from home to airport for school overseas trip?

I can confidently say no to the above. And now MOE wants to make them pay for carpark. And they want to attract talents into this profession. I'm speechless.

As far as i know govt officers including teachers can claim for any transport cost incurred as part of official duty ,which includes attending meetings at other govt bodies, etc but not when attending courses.

Many meetings are held at other schools. So teachers will now pay for parking when attending a meeting in another school and claim back from the same govt body?

How can MOE introduce paid parking in schools if it is not done at the same time for all public organisations including army camps. ? Army so special ? Likewise I wonder if the police officers parking at police station compunds will also be asked to pay for parking?. Want to implement then do so throughout all govt bodies.

Wonder if the judges need to pay at the courts' carparks, and if MP and ministers need to pay at parliament house.

• Praise 2

Wonder if the judges need to pay at the courts' carparks, and if MP and ministers need to pay at parliament house.

I will not be surprised if the Ministers, Parl Secs etc at MOE have free parking at MOE HQ. Hopefully when introduced in schools, they will not say Principals and Vice Principals have free parking .

Cuming soon, Akan Datang, Next Change........ Mandai Crematorium too ...... till die also must kenna pay :a-rip:  

The problem is not everyone drives.

And the proposal might be part of the car-lite initiative, to encourage non-drivers...

So deducting from all is a definite no-no too...

KNN, just autodeduct 90 dollars from everyone's CPF and put it as islandwide parking charge lah. Idiotic.

Edited by Seohster
  • Praise 1

Cuming soon, Akan Datang, Next Change........ Mandai Crematorium too ...... till die also must kenna pay :a-rip:  

No no..that one considered as unloading bay..free parking.

• Praise 1

Some might. And there are other possibilities/considerations.

Many will demand a pay rise to compensate. They may get it, but the money has to come from somewhere. Namely, our taxes. Now I don't have an issue with paying more to recruit and retrain quality teachers, but thinking the money goes to the coffers of parking companies subcontracted by the gahmen? That just sticks in my craw.

If they don't get a pay rise, some may give up their cars. And Singapore's public transport being the No. 1 World Class that it is, we can expect lots of unavoidable tardiness and disruption to class schedules.

And some may moonlight giving tuition even more so than they're doing now. Less focus on our children's education.

All in all, I don't see this as being anything close to a positive in an already beleaguered profession.

Teachers already got a substantial pay rise one month before elections. Now is pay back time and the next big pay rise will be one month before next elections. It has become so predictable.

• Praise 1

KNN, just autodeduct 90 dollars from everyone's CPF and put it as islandwide parking charge lah. Idiotic.

Cannot lah..if you are taokay and park at own company premise also kenna 90 dollar meh?

Twincharged

If like that, won't be 90 only leh. Season parking for an area where you are not staying at already $140.

It is really sad to see our AGO to come up with a report like this. 

Taxing should be a means to manage limited resources. And in this case, like some of you already mention, there is no parking space constraint nor it has been abused. 

I would rather the parking space in schools to be utilized for some kind of facilities rather than to have a parking space and charges staff for it. 

Now if schools are too charge for parking space, then I want to see the rate is linearly proportional to ranks. i.e. Principal , HODs paying the most.

Edited by Gizmore
↡ Advertisement