O level results coming out soon!

Mason016

Think my son' was 6-7k a year.....excluding transport and makan allowance. No uniform, must buy laptop (complusary) and many assignments to do....rarely comeback by 7pm......always after 9 due to class and lectures! Its like working whole day + overtime. Only breakfast at home.....lunch, dinner in school. Rough estimate for these are about $10-15 a day. That was about 5 years back.

R4 is for poly and R5 is for jc aggregate! Mother tongue + best 4 or 5 subject.

Only the 6-7k is relevant lah. The rest every JC student or human also sama sama lah. Must eat and travel.

Actually R4 and R5 is not the best 4/5 subjects. R should stand for relevant - they have some criteria on what is relevant and what is not. 

During my time donkey years ago, need at least 1 humanities, 1 science and 1 maths subj. The other 1 or 2 subjects can be up to you.  

↡ Advertisement

Only the 6-7k is relevant lah. The rest every JC student or human also sama sama lah. Must eat and travel.

Actually R4 and R5 is not the best 4/5 subjects. R should stand for relevant - they have some criteria on what is relevant and what is not.

During my time donkey years ago, need at least 1 humanities, 1 science and 1 maths subj. The other 1 or 2 subjects can be up to you.

Jc got those student's pass, few yrs back poly no have so must pay adult fare. Poly now the canteen is upscale....maciam cafeteria....food also ex. Easy peasy 500 bucks a month on allowance. I knew one boy who was in poly and father give him $100-150 a month....he survived and now i heard he went on to one of the local U. Very good boy.....best English and best student of his cohort. Hear his story like i want to cry like that!

Simple explanation for L1R4/R5, if want to go into detail i also dont know....

Edited by Eviilusion

called son and was told he got 7 L1R5.

definitely he has less of my genes.

since we stay in the east, i believe Meridian is the better choice for him. 

Any suggestion?

• Praise 2

Any suggestion?

Let him choose la.

So old already you still wanna choose for him?

I chose my JC myself without inputs from parents  [laugh]

Any suggestion?

Meridian is quite good, i know a boy who qualified for VJC but chosen Meridian cos lesser stress [sweatdrop]

Let him choose la.

So old already you still wanna choose for him?

I chose my JC myself without inputs from parents  [laugh]

its his choice to make just as how he chose ngee ann sec then. I seldom interfere with his decision.

wondering is  temasek or meridian. I guess for environment factor, meridian would be better.

Meridian is quite good, i know a boy who qualified for VJC but chosen Meridian cos lesser stress [sweatdrop]

A levels exam... You won't be compared with just the same school leh.

its his choice to make just as how he chose ngee ann sec then. I seldom interfere with his decision.

wondering is  temasek or meridian. I guess for environment factor, meridian would be better.

If your son choose meridian, better tok his head a few times check if some screws are loose.

A levels exam... You won't be compared with just the same school leh.

Yeah.

If the peers around u are strong academically, no choice, u also will pulled along to improve yourself.

Any suggestion?

wah steady boy leh ham!!!. [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

If your son choose meridian, better tok his head a few times check if some screws are loose.

Yeah.

If the peers around u are strong academically, no choice, u also will pulled along to improve yourself.

the boy i mentioned know he didn't want to go VJ cos he was already in VS [laugh]

He knows he ability but chose a less stress environment amd he registered Meridian without the parents knowing, he still get all As in A level.

my family all go via the poly route, my elder daughter went to poly, the 2nd one also already decided on going to poly and both will do their undergrad after diploma. My son looking at DSA SST follow by poly and NTU after that. They plan themselves, mayb influence by my bothers who all went to NTU via poly.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

the boy i mentioned know he didn't want to go VJ cos he was already in VS [laugh]

He knows he ability but chose a less stress environment amd he registered Meridian without the parents knowing, he still get all As in A level.

Networking counts mah. Fact of life. 

Fact is that in VJC he is more likely to meet and know higher flyers.

Even simple things like interview positions for universities for scholarships etc, a more elite JC makes a difference.

• Praise 1

wah steady boy leh ham!!!. [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

Thsnks bro TM,me think he deserves a new phone. Time you change his redmi note first generation to what I using too....the all new note 4.

:XD:

Thsnks bro TM,me think he deserves a new phone. Time you change his redmi note first generation to what I using too....the all new note 4.

:XD:

yah, he sure deserves one!!! [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 

Knn if my kids get 7 points, I think they will ask for the sky.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement