Yokohama V115 or Bridgestone GR100

Bluepica

The 500 was bad in wet but  501 was already a major improvement. I had no issues with 501 in wet .

The GR90 is no better than 501 in wet.

The Yokohama is more comfortable than Bridgestone and longer lasting.

Assuming GR100  is not an improved version than Gr90 in longevity, then you are going to get no more than 40k km on it even if rotating tyres every 10k km. I can show you the tyres on my car and the receipt on when I changed them.

40k km lifespan for tyres is pathetic.

i disagree. 40k is the benchmark for me as the profile i used on few rides is 45 series.

unless 60 series and above, then longevity should be better.

↡ Advertisement

i disagree. 40k is the benchmark for me as the profile i used on few rides is 45 series.

unless 60 series and above, then longevity should be better.

You mean the thread is less deeper for lower profile tyres?

All things being equal, a tyre with profile of 55 should last longer than that of 55?

You mean the thread is less deeper for lower profile tyres?

All things being equal, a tyre with profile of 55 should last longer than that of 55?

its not about dept of thread but the compound used.

Lower profile series has softer compound and thus wear faster. Thats why they also grip better.

To add on, 

people upgrade their tyre size and fit in lower profile tyre and experience better grip. This is because of the softer compound used and not because the tyres are wider.

Wider or narrower tyre, the contact on the ground remains the same.

What's the tread wear indicated on the tyre? 200?

Think for these soft tyres rotate every 7000km instead of 10000km?

And Bluepica, from the tyre pic, u may wanna consider pumping up the tyre pressure by maybe additional 20-30kpa as the side seems to wear more.

Pumping additional 10-20% more pressure than the recommended pressure indicated on the door side will help extend tyre wear and bring better FC

but pumping too much will make the rise harder and bumpy :(

What's the tread wear indicated on the tyre? 200?

Think for these soft tyres rotate every 7000km instead of 10000km?

And Bluepica, from the tyre pic, u may wanna consider pumping up the tyre pressure by maybe additional 20-30kpa as the side seems to wear more.

Pumping additional 10-20% more pressure than the recommended pressure indicated on the door side will help extend tyre wear and bring better FC

So for 230 kpa, thats adding like bringing up to 250-275kpa. Quite a lot.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi, any recommendation or lobang to buy bridgestone or yokohama tyres? Preferably in the east/ north/ central area.

Thanks!

I am using GR100 now. Soft and comfortable and very quiet. Grip is decent and I have no complain after 20k usage.

Bro whats your mileage for your GR100?

Bro whats your mileage for your GR100?

3k short of 30k. Still doing well. Probably can use for another 5k. Most likely will change to another set. I like it.

Love the Bridgestone GR series all along. Its managed to maintain the balance between safety grip and eliminating road noise.

Thus far, I feel only Continental tyres are coming close on this.

↡ Advertisement