Windshield sunshade covers

lancer6238

I'm looking for ways to keep the car from being too hot when parked under the hot sun all day.

Anyone using retractable windshield sunshade covers, like this one? Do you just have the shade pulled back over (behind) the front car cam, or under it (but leaving a small portion of the windshield uncovered)? I'm worried about possibly overheating the camera if the cover is pulled over the camera.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I'm looking for ways to keep the car from being too hot when parked under the hot sun all day.

Anyone using retractable windshield sunshade covers, like this one? Do you just have the shade pulled back over (behind) the front car cam, or under it (but leaving a small portion of the windshield uncovered)? I'm worried about possibly overheating the camera if the cover is pulled over the camera.

If you're parking under the hot sun all day, it's impossible. Whatever you use will only end up being used to block the sun rays off your interior and hopefully prevent discolouration. The car will always be hot when you get into it.

This thingy used to be very popular in 90's where u use the suckers to stick to the glass - after some time you just get fed up pulling it up and down - very lecheh and the rubber suckers also come off and for Windows it jams when opening and closing too

First this type not good often come off by itself especially kena heat then cannot stick

2nd the bigger the shade worse cannot stick

3rd it cannot reduce heat only reduce sunlight entering the car.

So its best to upgrade ur window film, put car cover, leave window abit open to let heat out and best solution find parking under tree

Turbocharged

Am using this, cheap and good. i just lay it flat on the dashboard and not use the suction cups provided.

$(KGrHqF,!l8E8VlSE4cTBPeH,BTIg!~~60_35.J

Thanks for all the comments.

I also wonder if the suction cups will be able to hold under the sun. I saw a similar retractable sun shade at a petrol station and the suction cups don't seem to be of great quality [laugh]

Reason I thought retractable is good is because I thought it's more convenient to pull up and put away than the bulkier, portable ones, especially when I have to use it a couple of times everyday. Plus, I can remove it completely since suction cups are not permanently stuck on my car.

I do have v-kool on my windshield given by my PI, but I don't think it's of a high quality... The car is still steaming hot just under 4 hours of morning sun.

Turbocharged

I know what you mean. Just teared away the FOC Rike oil film and replaced with a better film from Infratint. Now enjoying the ride in the hot noon.

I do have v-kool on my windshield given by my PI, but I don't think it's of a high quality... The car is still steaming hot just under 4 hours of morning sun.

Edited by dcb

Under the hot sun for 4 hours, even top grade V-kool or 3M solar fims with the best heat rejection cannot prevent your car interior from becoming a sauna.

• Praise 1

Thanks for all the comments.

I also wonder if the suction cups will be able to hold under the sun. I saw a similar retractable sun shade at a petrol station and the suction cups don't seem to be of great quality [laugh]

Reason I thought retractable is good is because I thought it's more convenient to pull up and put away than the bulkier, portable ones, especially when I have to use it a couple of times everyday. Plus, I can remove it completely since suction cups are not permanently stuck on my car.

Its because ur car body nvr install quality solar film lol

personal-car-parasol.jpeg

umbrella_over_car-vi1_zpsaf9352e5.jpg

I know what you mean. Just teared away the FOC Rike oil film and replaced with a better film from Infratint. Now enjoying the ride in the hot noon.

Just got my car, so I'm thinking maybe I'll replace my current FOC solar film after a while. In fact, I'm already starting to see tiny bubbles on my windscreen...

LOL, not a bad idea [:p]

This is useful only if you wish to protect the dashboard against direct sunlight.

After an hour or 2 under direct sun, the cabin will feel the heat even with this sunshade cover.

The sun shines on the entire car, not just the windscreens only.

Wind down the windows and let car ventilate before switching on aircon.

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just do it

Just got my car, so I'm thinking maybe I'll replace my current FOC solar film after a while. In fact, I'm already starting to see tiny bubbles on my windscreen...

I just use the simple foldable one. Yes, doesn't help in cooling the car but confirm helps to protect your dashboard and keeping the steering wheel cool to touch after whole day. also helps to protect front leather seats too.......

Wind down the windows and let car ventilate before switching on aircon.

a simple method I saw in youtube is to open and close the door (widely) 5 times. Helps quite a bit imo

Plat 99?

• Praise 1