How to handle people who stand too close when they talk?

Rainbow

Just joined a new team. This senior like to stand too close when he talk. When I back off, he close the distance. Got any polite way to handle? Might be a little sensitive to tell him directly. Advice appreciated. Kum Siah.

↡ Advertisement

Cross your arms, move yourself so that there is something (like an office chair or wastepaper basket) between the two of you, and/or explicit hint to him by commenting on how there is another party who tends to stand too close when talking.

Just joined a new team. This senior like to stand too close when he talk. When I back off, he close the distance. Got any polite way to handle? Might be a little sensitive to tell him directly. Advice appreciated. Kum Siah.

• Praise 2

post-98256-0-71813400-1452914783.gif

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 4

lol equally annoying are people who like to clap you on your shoulder or tap you on your thigh when sitted down

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

Just joined a new team. This senior like to stand too close when he talk. When I back off, he close the distance. Got any polite way to handle? Might be a little sensitive to tell him directly. Advice appreciated. Kum Siah. ð

Are you chio bu? :grin:
  • Praise 10

Are you chio bu? :grin:

then that's creepy lol.

Jiak garlic many many. [grin] Good for own health, bad for evils. 

farting many many also  [laugh]  [laugh]

lol equally annoying are people who like to clap you on your shoulder or tap you on your thigh when sitted down

They are usually the "bro" here , "bro" there tyoe, even though we are not that close.
  • Praise 1

am ok if its a [gorgeous]  .... 

will even adjust my legs to make it easier for her ... [:p]

• Praise 1