Star Hub problem?

Neutrino

Got a problem which has just occured with my TVs???

Two TVs on at the moment.

One TV has got double images.O

ther TV says poor signal.

Is this a Star Hub problem.

Does anyone else have this problem at this time?????????

↡ Advertisement

Localised problem maybe due to the starhub amplifiers, or maybe you or your neigbours short circuit the cable signal.

In any case, report to starhub

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

Disconnect the cable to one of your tv, does the image improve in the other?.

Yes, could be the starhub signal is weak, or the splitter you use not to starhun standard.

• Praise 2

Thanks all.

Starhub refresh signal and then did a factory reset online to the stb.

No change in problem.

I've then factory reset the SONY TV but still no resolution of problem.

So been out looking for new TV found a Ultra HD 40" Samsung for S$899 and the guy was telling me that the double image is most likely a faulty screen which can be replaced but might as well buy new TV.

Looked for new TV in Best Denki and Courts.  Same price in both.   Any other store might have better price??

• Praise 1

Thanks all.

Starhub refresh signal and then did a factory reset online to the stb.

No change in problem.

I've then factory reset the SONY TV but still no resolution of problem.

So been out looking for new TV found a Ultra HD 40" Samsung for S$899 and the guy was telling me that the double image is most likely a faulty screen which can be replaced but might as well buy new TV.

Looked for new TV in Best Denki and Courts. Same price in both. Any other store might have better price??

Weird both tv also have problem ...
  • Praise 2

Anyway I bought the Samsung UHD 4K 48". I bought this because it has 3 No HDMI connections which I needed.  Many others only had 2 HDMI.

Had difficulty setting it up for the HDMI connection to my computer but eventually sorted.

But I had to get a guy from Best Denki to set up the Blue ray Home Cinema sound connection as I couldn't find out how.

He took about 30 minutes but bot it done and it's fine now.

I would only have bought the HD versions not 4K but they are now priced such that the HDs are only marginally cheaper than the UHD 4K versions so of course I bought the higher spec.

recently i also had some problem with starhub tv

every now and then image will flicker and tv will off and on again seconds later

problem will be resolved temp when i change the HDMI port

technician came and claimed that it is the fault of my HDMI cable, asked me to buy the expensive one. Then said maybe the fault of my TV too.

I said it is BS, been using cheap HDMI for bluray, media player, PS3 PS4 etc never had a problem.

after they changed the setup box twice, the problem has now been resolved.

moral of the story - insist that they change their inferior setup box (sometimes have to change more than once)

every now and then image will flicker and tv will off and on again seconds later

technician came and claimed that it is the fault of my HDMI cable, asked me to buy the expensive one. Then said maybe the fault of my TV too.

I said it is BS, been using cheap HDMI for bluray, media player, PS3 PS4 etc never had a problem.

moral of the story - insist that they change their inferior setup box (sometimes have to change more than once)

I use simple (and cheap) hdmi cable and hdmi splitter - twice or was it thrice is the setup box issue.

I have to "help" them solve the problem by fan cooling the setup box. 

• Praise 1

I use simple (and cheap) hdmi cable and hdmi splitter - twice or was it thrice is the setup box issue.

I have to "help" them solve the problem by fan cooling the setup box. 

yeah, full of problems. i have half a mind of terminating the tv service after contract ends

if not for the fact that my parents and in-laws are addicted to the prog like TLC 

• Praise 1

moral of the story - insist that they change their inferior setup box (sometimes have to change more than once)mi

mine is the exact opposite. My screen will very frequently blank out and I need to reset the box to see the screen again. Changed the box 3 times and after which I suspect is the HDMI cable. Bought a new one and the problem is gone. The weird thing is the cable works fine with my BR and PS3. But somehow it does not work with my SH tv box.

You can read many reviews online about different quality of HDMI cable.

Most will conclude there is no difference no matter the price you pay.

I go along with this.

I'm using a cheap 10m long HDMI cable to transfer pictures and sound from my computer to my TV screen.  Never had a problem.

Companies just use this as an excuse so that they don't have to bother investigating real problems.

Because of my situation I change my 2 No Star Hub STB twice a year.

The boxes are now reconned and imo the whole service is poor quality.

Still have problems with STB.

When I'm in UK I use a 2 No STB I bought 10 years ago, maybe longer and never had one problem with it.

HDMI is digital signalling.

It is unlikely to create double-image if it's faulty.

Digital signalling problem is bit-rate error,  loss and noise.

This translates to lost frames or image pixelization.

Good quality HDMI cable would mean the wires are properly shielded.

Poor quality cable may not manifest itself with a short wire, but with a long wire you might see errors.

Double or ghost image is mostly an analog problem, due to reflection of signal, bcuz of a short circuit or mismatched termination. Typically tv ports have a 50 or 75ohm termination.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 3

Is any1 using SH 1gb fibre?how is the speed?

I'm using it.

Perhaps I'm easy, but I've nothing much to complain about.

One thing for sure is that you shouldn't expect to get 1Gbps on everything you do.

It's just the total bandwidth available.

If you're merely surfing website, you may not find much diff between 100Mbps and 1Gbps.

And then many times, the lag is on the other, server side, not necessary on SH side.

It takes 2 to tango. And they tango at the lowest speed.

Expectation is important. I believe other ISP performs similarly.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement