Singapore drivers 'frustrated, stressed' with road condition

Wishcumstrue

Pang chance la... sometimes I also miss the queue due to first time driving there, also hope others will pang chance to me too...

Normal driving I also leave a gap when I see others signalling to enter my lane, maybe they will pay it forward to others. One day when I want to change lane also hopefully the guy will pang chance to me [laugh]

There are people who are willing to block a straight only Lane two, trying to cut into the right turning Lane.

People who wants to go straight honk till mad already, this car still die die wanna turn right.. What's wrong with them ah. Can't go further up and U turn??

↡ Advertisement

Stressed today becos kena fxxk by a rider who was in the wrong.

Was turning right at a T junction to go along the one way direction n nearly got T boned by this CCB travelling in wrong direction trying to take a short cut towards the left side of the T junction which is a two way.

Pointed to him the traffic sign of one way direction...Instead of an apology n move on he put on the defensive mode n fxxk...

Thanks for reading my rant.

• Praise 3

Just reached home and encountered several examples here, have to thank whoever in charge up there for making it home in one piece and car bo dai ji.

Rule of thumb - keep as much distance as possible from the next nearest vehicle

• Praise 1

There are people who are willing to block a straight only Lane two, trying to cut into the right turning Lane.

People who wants to go straight honk till mad already, this car still die die wanna turn right.. What's wrong with them ah. Can't go further up and U turn??

There is similar issue at the southbound CTE Clemenceau exit where cars queue to right turn to Cairnhill/Scotts Rd. But as that is a short stretch of road, I can understand drivers missing the queue especially when peak hour super long queue. If I'm unable to join the queue from the back, I'll look out for a chance to elegantly slot myself safely into the queue further up while on-the-move. That's when a powerful acceleration really helps but also subjected to the kindness of other drivers. If no chance, I'll just go thru the ERP and U turn at Thong Sia bldg, no big deal.

But I just can't make myself stop right in the middle of lane 2 and act blur trying to squeeze in. Maybe I'm just too self-conscious and thin-skinned.

• Praise 2

I'm more stressed with the worsening road conditions like unlevel manhole covers and poor reinstatement of surfaces after excavation work.  Shatters my bones each time I go over them.  Maybe I should change my ride's suspension liao [furious]

Just a thought. This may be the opportunities for chauffeurs to have a career and boost economy with more jobs as chauffeurs

Since there are $1 million cars. If every car has a chauffeur it means 1 million jobs created

More CPF too

So more drivers can take the passenger seat sit back and relax

Edited by Battledome64

Must be the same champions I always encounter, some even flick signal for a second or two AFTER zipping in front narrowly.

And sorry if this rant sounds like a broken record, why is there a need to slow down before passing by ERP Gantry... slowing down will not result in your vehicle getting a discount... :yuush:

Yeah this cannot be more obvious than at the CTE gantries after Ang Mo Kio and Braddell. Cars slowing down even at 8.29am when it's going to keep increasing until 8.35am. You wonder if it's the first time that these people are going through the gantry. 

Yeah this cannot be more obvious than at the CTE gantries after Ang Mo Kio and Braddell. Cars slowing down even at 8.29am when it's going to keep increasing until 8.35am. You wonder if it's the first time that these people are going through the gantry.

If you can read their minds it would be "if I'm going down I'm pulling all of you behind me down together muahahaha"

If you can read their minds it would be "if I'm going down I'm pulling all of you behind me down together muahahaha"

Lol yeah thats when you wish your car has a speaker and can just scream "Kin lah" at these jokers. 

There is similar issue at the southbound CTE Clemenceau exit where cars queue to right turn to Cairnhill/Scotts Rd. But as that is a short stretch of road, I can understand drivers missing the queue especially when peak hour super long queue. If I'm unable to join the queue from the back, I'll look out for a chance to elegantly slot myself safely into the queue further up while on-the-move. That's when a powerful acceleration really helps but also subjected to the kindness of other drivers. If no chance, I'll just go thru the ERP and U turn at Thong Sia bldg, no big deal.

But I just can't make myself stop right in the middle of lane 2 and act blur trying to squeeze in. Maybe I'm just too self-conscious and thin-skinned.

That's basic courtesy and being considerate.

Of course stress lah.

Need to watch out for ERP

Need to watch out for TP

Need to watch out for camera

Need to watch out for motorbike

Need to watch out for cyclist

Need to watch out for ya-ya pedestrian

Need to watch out for road works

Need to watch out for idiots who anyhow drive

Need to watch out for idiots who don't give way and think they own the road just because they pay 200k for their freaking Conti car.

How not to stress?

Get rid of your car, stress gone. ;)

They are forming up so it is their own due diligence to signal their intention to join the expressway. I will slow down and give way if they signal. But I do not give way to those who don't signal, and expect cars on lane 3 to brake to a near stop for them to join the expressway.

I am also not bashing you, but it is exactly people with your mentality that causes those "champions" to not signal at all and they get complacent with the thinking that lane 3 vehicles will definitely give way to them whether they signal or not.

Bro, actually the last lane where cars from slip roads joins to expressway... drivers have a duty of care to give way to let the cars entering expressway join smoothly. Not bashing you, but everyone give/take - driving become smoother for all.

Actually how many % of those interviewed are hypocrites? They criticise what bad driving behaviours other have but yet they commit the same bad habits too.

I do the same as you. But usually I will Q up behind if I can still get into the Q, even at the risk of crossing double white lines. But there is no choice since the stretch of road is so short.

But I have seen some 5arkers who go right to the traffic light junction and try to force their way in ahead of the first car. Those I dislike and they are definitely genuine Q cutters.

hahaha...to me they "jia pah bo tai chi cho" [knife]

The so call CSR lor.. Corporate Social Responsibilities. So after the survey... what's next? [rifle]

exactly lor...and the purpose of this survey??? duh....waste time and breath...lol

• Praise 1

I do the same as you. But usually I will Q up behind if I can still get into the Q, even at the risk of crossing double white lines. But there is no choice since the stretch of road is so short.

But I have seen some 5arkers who go right to the traffic light junction and try to force their way in ahead of the first car. Those I dislike and they are definitely genuine Q cutters.

I see more taxis nowadays don't even try squeezing into the queue jit tao use lane 2 to right turn to Cairnhill rd. There were some close shaves when the first right-turn driver didn't anticipate the taxi turning together with him.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1