Singapore drivers 'frustrated, stressed' with road condition

Wishcumstrue

Turbocharged

well if such mentality is always on our minds, then we are better off not having any graciousness on the road. Can't get any worse off than the current state right? Lol.

I make it a point as long as someone signal early I'll let them in, but I'm a minority and quite often than not peeps will think I'm a dumbo for doing that, esp those driving when they see me doing that hah. But I still do it, because when I picture myself in that situation, I hope others will do that for me too.

We can't expect others to do that to us but we don't do the same to others.

Very dandy, I agree with you and also try to allow others in as long as it does not involve sharp braking and I have been sufficiently alerted to their intention.

As you say, we are the minority.

↡ Advertisement

Most of the time I let people cut in , car behind me will either beam me or horn me ... I wonder what can that few second or minutes do any different ??

Very stress on the road ....

• Praise 1

well if such mentality is always on our minds, then we are better off not having any graciousness on the road. Can't get any worse off than the current state right? Lol.

I make it a point as long as someone signal early I'll let them in, but I'm a minority and quite often than not peeps will think I'm a dumbo for doing that, esp those driving when they see me doing that hah. But I still do it, because when I picture myself in that situation, I hope others will do that for me too.

Sometimes when you do to others, others may not reciprocate the same back to you.

Thus, I usually don't expect anything in return.

Give and let live. Life is more than that. Actually, you will feel better in doing considerate acts or practise defensive or safe driving.

Nonetheless, we are all humans and sometimes we tend to be influenced or affected by our senses around us.

• Praise 2

Sometimes when you do to others, others may not reciprocate the same back to you.

Give and let live. Life is more than that. Actually, you will feel better in doing considerate acts or practise defensive or safe driving.

Nonetheless, we are all humans and sometimes we tend to be influenced or affected by our senses around us.

I used to get hot and bothered when I allow cars to cut in, but get blocked (and got flipped the bird) when I wanted to, worse, by the same car I let in.

Thus adopted the policy of keeping as much distance as possible between cars, without road hogging.

Just turn on some music, if not listen to the road noise, to think of how to improve insulation or what new rubber to change to.

Life is beautiful.

• Praise 1

Influences? Excuses and a bunch of bull to me :) Just shows weak mental strength if one chooses to lead a life without a firm belief in what one is looking for.

If you are someone whom gives way, you are. 'Ahhhh you know I don't do that because others and environment influences me'. Bullcrap. Others fault again.

Most of the time I let people cut in , car behind me will either beam me or horn me ... I wonder what can that few second or minutes do any different ??

Time is $$$

• Dislike 1

dont so stressed. people cut in at last min cuz they very urgent need go home wee wee. otherwise underwear wet and car seat smelly.

People didnt signal? cuz their signal spoil and their dog ate their $5 so no $$ to buy new bulb. or they this morning fap too much, hand cramp...

hahaha

Influences? Excuses and a bunch of bull to me :) Just shows weak mental strength if one chooses to lead a life without a firm belief in what one is looking for.

If you are someone whom gives way, you are. 'Ahhhh you know I don't do that because others and environment influences me'. Bullcrap. Others fault again.

Oops. [laugh]  That is not what I meant.

• Praise 1

I try to do this as a gesture of thanks when I cut in lane but I kenna horned/high beamed a few times before ahaha.

But as a driver, I appreciate when other drivers let me cut in (of course with signal, no jump queueing on purpose) instead of speeding up to cut me off.

https://youtu.be/WfrKFU9z0GQ?t=1m1s

Ok la, I usually let people cut in as well if there is a reasonable gap. I hate those who try to squeeze in a tiny gap and cause me to stop totally. This actually creates a "traffic wave" and the stop will ripple backwards through all the cars lined up.

Hence sometimes I try to keep a good distance to prevent start stop driving and hopefully smooth out the traffic flow behind me. It's proven science! I try to find the YouTube video...

If people signal but are cutting Q to enter expressway by going right to the front of the Q which is where you are at that point of time, would you give way to them?

If people signal but are cutting Q to enter expressway by going right to the front of the Q which is where you are at that point of time, would you give way to them?

Baby steps go a long way. You're trying to trap me into saying 'no'. But the fact is the answer depends on the intention of doing that.

Do we know why that person is doing so? Probably not. Most of the time they may just wanna "bully" their way in, esp in their SUVs or tok kong cars. But there may be a 1% chance they may really be having an emergency. There's no chance to verify that.

Even if you decide not to let them cut in, the behind one follow suit, ultimately there will be someone whom will let them in. So comes back to the same thingy, is this a "not in my backyard can liao" and "as long u cut anyone behind me, not my problem"? :D

Let's add more data to the question shall we?

1. A whole lot of cars going to the front of the Q to cut Q

2. It is rush hour after office hours

3. You have been driving along that road for at least 3 years and you know that 99% of them just want to cut Q

4. Refer to Point 3. Why do you know? Because you see the same cars road hogging the expressway after cutting the Q and you now know that 99% of the time, it is just to cut Q.

So now, back to my question, would you give way or not? Especially when you have been Q-ing for at least 15 mins to join the expressway and these wives of Pooh just keep cutting the Q ahead of you.

And if you are hungry and rushing to empty your bladder? How? Give way or not?

Baby steps go a long way. You're trying to trap me into saying 'no'. But the fact is the answer depends on the intention of doing that.

Do we know why that person is doing so? Probably not. Most of the time they may just wanna "bully" their way in, esp in their SUVs or tok kong cars. But there may be a 1% chance they may really be having an emergency. There's no chance to verify that.

Even if you decide not to let them cut in, the behind one follow suit, ultimately there will be someone whom will let them in. So comes back to the same thingy, is this a "not in my backyard can liao" and "as long u cut anyone behind me, not my problem"? :D

Edited by Beehive3783

Wow, didn't know driving a SUV or a so called "tok kong" car in Singapore came with such a bad rep...

no way,you can see tons of drivers like this on clementi ave 6 turning into commonwealth towards dover every morning, cutting queue at the front at the zebra crossing whilst some just go straight and turn left at the traffic lights instead.

seems like the TP or LTA is turning a blind eye to this.ever since the ERP installed on the ave 6 exit to AYE, these queue cutters starts to appear.

• Praise 1

Let's add more data to the question shall we?

1. A whole lot of cars going to the front of the Q to cut Q

2. It is rush hour after office hours

3. You have been driving along that road for at least 3 years and you know that 99% of them just want to cut Q

4. Refer to Point 3. Why do you know? Because you see the same cars road hogging the expressway after cutting the Q and you now know that 99% of the time, it is just to cut Q.

So now, back to my question, would you give way or not? Especially when you have been Q-ing for at least 15 mins to join the expressway and these wives of Pooh just keep cutting the Q ahead of you.

And if you are hungry and rushing to empty your bladder? How? Give way or not?

To satisfy you, i'll do the sinkie kill sinkie attitude. point middle finger at them, honk them all the way till the jam is over, on high beam and make sure they are blinded.

Confirm one fine day, everyone will be gracious and not cut each other's lane and smile at each other :D :D

Wow, didn't know driving a SUV or a so called "tok kong" car in Singapore came with such a bad rep...

Not all. That cat definitely minority, but growing minority.

Edited by Runforyourlife
↡ Advertisement