Nissan Pulsar

Kia7200

it’s driving me insane...

i sent my ride in multiple times already... they can’t catch it siah...

did they mention where the sound originated from for your issue?

nope. what i would suggest is once u drive ur car in to service center, get the technician to drive your car out 1 round and let him hear the rattling for himself.

Replaced my batt. tdy, need to call Towing svc to jump start & replaced it at TC for $125 after 50% discount. Running 17 mths w 16.6K milage. Luckily it’s Sat & TC is opened till 5pm.

Just to share symptoms observed before it decided to konk without warming so you don’t hv to experience the same. These symptoms happened for about 4-6 weeks prior which i regrettably ignored.

1. Alarm on/off sounds weak, like water in the honk

2. Sometimes starting engine there’s hesitation lag, especially after a short trip; e.g. 2-3km

Last svc was last Nov & they didn’t detect any pblm with it.

do you always use auto start-stop?

im at 20mths with 23.5K mileage, no issues yet even leaving car off for 1week (all along didnt use auto-startstop). thinking whether i should change the batt at the 23rd mark to enjoy 50% discount? worth it?

↡ Advertisement

nope. what i would suggest is once u drive ur car in to service center, get the technician to drive your car out 1 round and let him hear the rattling for himself.

do you always use auto start-stop?

im at 20mths with 23.5K mileage, no issues yet even leaving car off for 1week (all along didnt use auto-startstop). thinking whether i should change the batt at the 23rd mark to enjoy 50% discount? worth it?

no auto ss, always disable before moving.

better change now to enjoy the discount, normally it won’t last more than 2 yrs.

just tell them sometime difficult to start in the morning.

after the last svc in Nov my FC is avg abt 10km/l, a far cry fr the advertised 20km/l, before that it was abt 12km/l.

my daily commute distance is short 14km, many stop/go kind of traffic, how abt you guys?

Pulsar need long distance on highway, cruise at rpm ard 2000 use turbo lightly then get good fc. My average1 is 13-14km/l, been like this for the past 20 months.

Once turbo spools hard, abv 3k rpm then FC drops jialat jialat.

I think the advertised FC. They accelerate so slowly by test program that turbo nv engage. Always below 1700rpm. Then u get 20km/l. Normal driving who can tahan such acceleration.

Edited by YiYuLim

after the last svc in Nov my FC is avg abt 10km/l, a far cry fr the advertised 20km/l, before that it was abt 12km/l.

my daily commute distance is short 14km, many stop/go kind of traffic, how abt you guys?

That's usual since its start stop traffic.

Go highway from jurong to changi at 2am, you will definitely get your 20km/l.

• Praise 1

no auto ss, always disable before moving.

better change now to enjoy the discount, normally it won’t last more than 2 yrs.

just tell them sometime difficult to start in the morning.

I changed my batt at around 18months old as i experienced hesitation when starting the car. Always disable ass.

Coming to 2years, aircon actuator got problem and squeaky suspension. Both issues solved.

Not too bad. Better than contis definitely hehe.

• Praise 2

Front suspension squeaky. When going over humps got this “thud” sound. Think soon mine will be gone. Hahha

Any suggestion what to change to? Or remain as stock?

I changed my batt at around 18months old as i experienced hesitation when starting the car. Always disable ass.

Coming to 2years, aircon actuator got problem and squeaky suspension. Both issues solved.

Not too bad. Better than contis definitely hehe.

how u know the aircon actuator acting up, what’s the symptom?

What did they do during the servicing?

i notice rattling noise fr 2 sources, IU & front passenger seat belt..

The seat belt height adjuster area right?

What did they do during the servicing?

The seat belt height adjuster area right?

last svc i feedback pickup sometime no power, turbo lag or smtg. I think they tune or upgrd the software.

the noise fr the belt buckle hitting the side wall.

Neutral Newbie

Here's a picture of how the white DRL looks like on the Pulsar..

attachicon.gifWhite_DRL.jpg

Hi Bro,

just happen to chance on this platform on Pulsar's DRL, your photo looks really cool!

Sincerely need your guidance on how to change the DRL to white lights.

Hi Bro,

just happen to chance on this platform on Pulsar's DRL, your photo looks really cool!

Sincerely need your guidance on how to change the DRL to white lights.

Hi Ian

You already bought the LED bulbs needed from Amazon already? If so, you can go to this place called AutoTrend and they can help you to replace the bulb if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Ian

You already bought the LED bulbs needed from Amazon already? If so, you can go to this place called AutoTrend and they can help you to replace the bulb if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Hi Zafirag,

thank you for your reply.

I've not buy the bulbs yet, but I understand that there 02 bulbs on each lamp.

So will it be changing both the bulbs or just one of them? if so, the DRL is in white and the fog light will remain as yellow?  :D