Nissan Pulsar

Kia7200

Conti makes usually run in their engine at factory 

Jap makes are still relying on car owners. Subaru states 1600km and cannot rev till 4k rpm.

Not a car expert here, but agree with this bro. SEs will say that nowadays, the car engines are pre run in. So don't really need to run in. But I guess some old servicing center still practice the old protocols...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Jap makes are still relying on car owners. Subaru states 1600km and cannot rev till 4k rpm.

Try telling that to a WRX owner..

• Praise 1

Other parts of the car is not run in yet.  Still need to drive modestly.

If you are going for synthetic, you should have done it at 1k servicing. This whole nonsense of having to use mineral oil at 1k and 5k is plain bulls**t from Tan Chong and wasting everyoneâs time. I have gone synthetic at the 1k mark on my last 2 Nissanâs, Honda and Toyota and have not encountered any issues. Conti cars go synthetic right from the start and some only do their first servicing at the 15k mark.

Have you done it then?

Have to service next 5000km or 6months whichever come first is another bull. synthetic oil can easily last one year if mileage is not reached.
  • Praise 1

Heard that TC stopped bringing in Pulsar. Not even in their latest pricelist. Totally killed off Pulsar to push for QQ sales?

i saw the price went up crazy high, nobody gonna buy pulsar anyway...

I'm gonna opt for synthetic during my 10k, then I don't need to keep going back every 5k

• Praise 1

Heard that TC stopped bringing in Pulsar. Not even in their latest pricelist. Totally killed off Pulsar to push for QQ sales?

My SE say next year den bring in... Now no stocks at all
  • Praise 1

So fast killed off pulsar? This model is so new in the market.

• Praise 1

It's the price. Pulsar will lose its 5k rebate and kena surcharge when the new emission rules kick in. hence the new high price.

I think tcm wants to see how the rules work out b4 committing to bring in pulsar again.

My SE say next year den bring in... Now no stocks at all

you still contact your SE?

i stopped contacting mine when I got the car lol, other then when my wiper sprays had issues

you still contact your SE?

i stopped contacting mine when I got the car lol, other then when my wiper sprays had issues

Just ask her bout the stocks for pulsar..

Sent for 1000km servicing today and installed the pulsar alarm with autolock for sgd195. After deduct duo points..less sgd100, so paid sgd95. Service adviser said alarm just came in .

Just sharing

Edited by Scorpio8

Sent for 1000km servicing today and installed the pulsar alarm with autolock for sgd195. After deduct duo points..less sgd100, so paid sgd95. Service adviser said alarm just came in .

Just sharing

What's the alarm function use for?
  • Praise 1

Just sharing

195 is reasonable.

What's the alarm function use for?

car sounds when it is shaken when locked. I believe the TC version also had an additional functoon to auto lock the door when car is moves.
↡ Advertisement