Pre owned Mercedes Benz

CRV48

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Considering getting a Preowned Mercedes Benz. But im concern on the maintenance cost as i was told by SE (from Mercedes show room) to service preowned Mercedes at "outside" workshop.

May i ask, usually for Major servicing how much would it cost to service at AD and outside workshop? Say 65K mileage...

Thanks in advance for any advice..

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

Considering getting a Preowned Mercedes Benz. But im concern on the maintenance cost as i was told by SE (from Mercedes show room) to service preowned Mercedes at "outside" workshop.

May i ask, usually for Major servicing how much would it cost to service at AD and outside workshop? Say 65K mileage...

65k is not major service, maybe at 100k then it is. Will be about $700 outside, depends what parts are changed.

Edited by Luckcent

Servicing costs for Mercedes is not expensive whether outside or at C&C

Things only get expensive when certain parts spoil

simple example, LED xenon adaptive headlamps can cost $5-10k for one piece

Buy parts from stockist

Parts readily available at stockits...not much different from online price.

Unless you order more at one go then more savings...

however, tho negligible, 5 wowo SPs cost more than merc of 4.

Labour charges depend on the colour of the gloves...Golden ones at stealership of course more lah.

Neutral Newbie

5-10K for one piece of headlamps? 

• Praise 1

I'm deciding on a pre owned Merc. What's the difference between C180 coupe and C180 CGI coupe?

c180 should be compressor and port injection 

c180 cgi is turbo direct injection

• Praise 2

Hi All,

Maintenance cost for servicing for E class about $400 outside

If any parts need replacement, can get quotation from stockist like goldenlink or sometimes workshop price not much difference then just use workshop's one.

Major servicing would cost 1-2k. Dont worry merc more reliable than other conti makes hence less parts required to be replace

Maybe less but the new led headlight is indeed expensive

If normal xenon light should cost less than 5k to replace. If the light is halogen, its cheap to replace as my W212 halogen light cost less than $100

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

I wonder why I don't see any W211 change to HID...the halogen tends to make the lenses blurry near the 7 year old onwards.

There are 6 near my place n mine being the oldest is the worse of all.

My normal EO change is ard 200 becos I'm "cat brand", I bring my own EO n filter...

I wonder why I don't see any W211 change to HID...the halogen tends to make the lenses blurry near the 7 year old onwards.

There are 6 near my place n mine being the oldest is the worse of all.

My normal EO change is ard 200 becos I'm "cat brand", I bring my own EO n filter...

Cos changing to HID need to change the whole house which is very expensive and might not be compatible.

Its better to find a merc that comes with factory fitted HID

Hmm...it's such a popular model n I'd expect many aftermarket plug n play hid kits available.

Have seen many changed to Philips or Ospram bulbs though.

There were plenty of kits for the P2 S60...n mine lasted ard 7 years till scrap.

• Praise 1

C & E Class,service should be acceptable,buying "Pre-Owned" Mercedes Benz,just avoid the S-Class,the AirMatic suspension is prone to fail at 65,000km,it is very expensive,even you buy from Republic Auto,warranty also don't cover the AirMatic Suspension. [furious]

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Don't sound weird to me if it's those adaptive type like Intelligent Light System or LED headlamps. But for regular xenon headlamps I think even Mercedes shouldn't cost 5~10k.

I once heard that the adaptive bi-xenons on Wowo are $2k each.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Which is better fuel efficient and power?

Turbocharged

Which is better fuel efficient and power?

Mercedes' official reasoning for switching to turbo in all models is better consumption... they don't seem to use Kompressor (supercharger) anymore too.

The Merc turbos are more fuel efficient in general driving I think, confirm more power feel since torque come in early. But of course driving style matter also.

• Praise 1

technically sc quite hard to meet emissions with small engine capacity and its easier to tune with direct injection and turbo

in terms of FC, probably no difference

both tc and sc have losses

in term of maintenance and reliability, the compressor will be easier to maintain as it does not have the direct injection carbon buildup issues, and oil breaks down slower as a result of less heat from the turbocharger

for the cgi models u have to be careful abt the oil u use as well as maintenance regimes

C & E Class,service should be acceptable,buying "Pre-Owned" Mercedes Benz,just avoid the S-Class,the AirMatic suspension is prone to fail at 65,000km,it is very expensive,even you buy from Republic Auto,warranty also don't cover the AirMatic Suspension. [furious]

Yah smelly smelly need 8k for airmatic suspension and also the suction door about 2k which also spoils frequently

I think can also avoid R class or GL class since their parts is more rare and ex

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement