Hock Hua or ZTP ?

Ysc3

Twincharged

almost everywhere i go, when I see either one, the other will be just nearby ... sometimes even next door to each other !!

so which one do you prefer ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

A lot of the same stuff are available cheaper near kuan yin temple at "4 horse road"...no aircon tho.

For exp stuff like codycep I only go to yu yang san. Imagine with their scale but can only obtain puny size of the herbs. Just can't place my trust on smaller players...

Even none Chinese also go for that herbs...let alone massive demand in China with growing per capita...

No chance to wait for the plants to grow bigger b4 being plucked for sale.

• Praise 3

It's like petrol, all plucked from mother earth. But each will claim that his is betterer.

The grass, barks and roots probably come from the same supplier.

almost everywhere i go, when I see either one, the other will be just nearby ... sometimes even next door to each other !!

so which one do you prefer ?

Maybe they are run by same boss, just like Dian Xiao Er and Soup Restaurant (last time), almost always next to each other.

Give customers 'freedom of choice' but which ever shop they buy from still roll into the same pocket.

[laugh]

• Praise 3

It depends. Both their packaging are nice and more pricey needless to say. If it's for own consumption I go to neighbourhood shops. Bad news are a lot of the old timers have closed shop. Beach road hawker center nearby got one. it's near the HDB MSCP. Previously the shop was having bird nests sale and I bought some. It's cheaper dan those chain stores you had mentioned.

It's a no brainer since those atas shop have to pay rent in the shopping malls and pay for the courteous staff, you will be obviously paying for more dan you can bargain. What do you expect?

Twincharged

I go Hock Hua.

me too ... it seems that HH's staff are more enthusiastic than ZTP ... in most branches i have seen ...

but i dun buy tonic or herbs ... when i pass by, i only buy the boiled drinks ... when just buying drinks, you can see the diff btw the two companies. even when you dun buy, HH's staff are still very enthusiastic.

Anything that's more expensive, my mother only trusts eu yan shang or Yu Hua at Chinatown.

Only cheap stuff like gou qi, the common red date or what then i buy from hockhua or ZTP.

• Praise 1

cordyceps is really expensive. What used to cost like 200-300 dollars years ago is now easily 900-1000 dollars

I poor, only use cordyceps flower.

Wholesale-2014-herbal-tea-Megasporogenes

I'm only learning some of these stuff to prepare some soups.

Other than ginseng, i don't find the cost-benefit ratio to be there.

Cordyceps anyway, most people only eat for post operation recovery period. It's supposed to be really good for that.

I poor, only use cordyceps flower.

Wholesale-2014-herbal-tea-Megasporogenes

I'm only learning some of these stuff to prepare some soups.

Other than ginseng, i don't find the cost-benefit ratio to be there.

Cordyceps anyway, most people only eat for post operation recovery period. It's supposed to be really good for that.

Pre and post operation many are using pian zi huang.

Half pre and the other half post.

pian_zi_huang.jpg

↡ Advertisement