ERP rates increase/decrease thread monitor!

Ah_Zai

Singapore – Higher charges at two Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantries during peak hours will be implemented starting May 6.

On April 29 (Monday), the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced the increase in rates after its quarterly review of traffic conditions on roads and expressways.

Motorists will be charged S$2, a S$1 increase, at the southbound Central Expressway (CTE) gantry before Braddell Road from 8:30 am to 9 am.

Those passing through the gantry located at the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) after Defu Flyover will have to pay S$4, a S$1 increase from the previous S$3, from 8 am to 9 am.

According to the LTA, the next review of ERP rates will be on May in preparation for the school holidays in June.

This after the announcement last February 18 that three ERP gantries, Upper Bukit Timah Road after Hume Avenue, Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) before the exit to Maxwell Road and on the slip road to Marina Coastal Drive heading west, will be free during peak hours.

Netizens already expressed the likelihood of higher ERP charges once another review is made.-/TISG

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Quote :

"After the transition period, ERP gantries will be phased out and temporary visual cues may be put up to help motorists adapt to the new system. Under the new system, the In-Vehicle Unit (IU) will be replaced by an On-Board Unit (OBU), pre-loaded with location and tariff tables.

The new system will have island-wide coverage. In areas where the satellite coverage is weak, such as tunnels, beacons will be used to augment signal strength."

Wahhhhh............. this system, you drive inside tunnel also can be captured & pay .... :dizzy:  

Not every holes tunnels are free ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Supersonic

Singapore – Higher charges at two Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantries during peak hours will be implemented starting May 6.

On April 29 (Monday), the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced the increase in rates after its quarterly review of traffic conditions on roads and expressways.

Motorists will be charged S$2, a S$1 increase, at the southbound Central Expressway (CTE) gantry before Braddell Road from 8:30 am to 9 am.

Those passing through the gantry located at the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) after Defu Flyover will have to pay S$4, a S$1 increase from the previous S$3, from 8 am to 9 am.

According to the LTA, the next review of ERP rates will be on May in preparation for the school holidays in June.

This after the announcement last February 18 that three ERP gantries, Upper Bukit Timah Road after Hume Avenue, Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) before the exit to Maxwell Road and on the slip road to Marina Coastal Drive heading west, will be free during peak hours.

Netizens already expressed the likelihood of higher ERP charges once another review is made.-/TISG

CTE ERP so expensive and yet traffic still so bad.  [rolleyes]

Would like to ask if the rates published are accurate?

Went by CTE northbound near Braddell at 545pm on a weekday, and was charged $2 ERP. According to the gantry, it start charging from 530pm onwards.

However, the app and onemotoring website says the rates is only $1 from 6pm onwards. Do anyone know if it’s an error or is there something I’ve overlooked? Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Anybody knows if ERP has started for PIE to CTE gantry? I got a fine for failure to insert cashcard on 20 Nov 2020 @ 9.25am but I believe I didn't see it on. When I check on Onemotoring ERP timings, it doesn't say its on. 

LTA isn't replying to my appeal question too besides telling me to apply for the vcashcard. The issue is I need to know if the gantry is activated or not because I know they have stopped the ERP during the covid period and only turned on a few recently. 

20201216_114417.jpg

5 hours ago, dl77 said:

Anybody knows if ERP has started for PIE to CTE gantry? I got a fine for failure to insert cashcard on 20 Nov 2020 @ 9.25am but I believe I didn't see it on. When I check on Onemotoring ERP timings, it doesn't say its on. 

LTA isn't replying to my appeal question too besides telling me to apply for the vcashcard. The issue is I need to know if the gantry is activated or not because I know they have stopped the ERP during the covid period and only turned on a few recently. 

20201216_114417.jpg

Dont think they would go wrong with this. Reduced from 23 Nov due to sch holiday

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2020/november/news-releases/erp-rates-for-december-2020-school-holiday-period.html

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2020/october/news-releases/erp-rate-review.html

Edited by Dafansu

Hi may I check is there any GPS app that tells u if the route u are travelling will pass by any ERP gantry? 

Eg: Waze tells us speed light cam but don't tell abt ERP gantry. Will be good if there is an app which tells us. 

On 5/23/2023 at 9:25 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Up $2/- but down $1/-   :slow:

But after June holidays, up $3/-   :XD:

Is better to has up and down. Be aopreciative of our "seasonal" ERP system. 

• Haha! 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:01 AM, Kopites said:

Is better to has up and down. Be aopreciative of our "seasonal" ERP system. 

Yes, I appreciate the ups & downs but the value of ups against down ... 😁

• Haha! 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:16 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yes, I appreciate the ups & downs but the value of ups against down ... 😁

well, lta has to keep up with the rising inflation mah...now 'cai fan' pricing is ups and ups also...😁

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 3

On 5/23/2023 at 11:48 AM, Kona_rider said:

well, lta has to keep up with the rising inflation mah...now 'cai fan' pricing is ups and ups also...😁

Lta officers also need to buy "economic rice" for meal. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2