How to clear kitchen choked floor piping?

Bluepica

Both my washing machine and kitchen sink drain to this main drainage pipe on the kitchen floor.... recently when both are drain at the same time, the water was being force out due to slow drainage to the common pipe - sign of choking. This morning, without even using the washing machine, just washing at the sink, the water runs out....but still drained very slowly..... then I use the aluminium broom handle and shove it down the pipe, pieces of white solid block float up and I removes it..... now it seems like TOTAL CHOKE [bigcry]  

When I look above the ceiling, checking how my above neighbor's drainage pipe looks like, a normal U shape, but funny I can't feel any opening all around at the bottom of the pipe with the aluminium handle.... so I wonder if I get those "snake flimsy metal rod" , I wonder can it penetrate and clear those solidified waste since those wire are so flimsy....

any advice? [grin]

↡ Advertisement

try snake rods first or pour some drain chemicals. Most likely is caused by oil and grease. 

Both my washing machine and kitchen sink drain to this main drainage pipe on the kitchen floor.... recently when both are drain at the same time, the water was being force out due to slow drainage to the common pipe - sign of choking. This morning, without even using the washing machine, just washing at the sink, the water runs out....but still drained very slowly..... then I use the aluminium broom handle and shove it down the pipe, pieces of white solid block float up and I removes it..... now it seems like TOTAL CHOKE [bigcry]  

When I look above the ceiling, checking how my above neighbor's drainage pipe looks like, a normal U shape, but funny I can't feel any opening all around at the bottom of the pipe with the aluminium handle.... so I wonder if I get those "snake flimsy metal rod" , I wonder can it penetrate and clear those solidified waste since those wire are so flimsy....

any advice? [grin]

• Praise 2

Been there done that.

Unless u r pro with that snaky thing its not gonna help.

Ive tried your China brand chemical and Mr Muscle declogger its still bad

I would just invest in a plumber sort it out once and for all for about $60.

Trust me the more u pour once day it will just overflow like mine and stink like hell

• Praise 2

any advice? [grin]

i use this method.. baking soda and boiling water............. maybe you can try vinegar together

http://www.crunchybetty.com/clean-your-drains-with-baking-soda-and-vinegar-surprise

any advice? [grin]

I have this experience before, call the town council plumber and this is what they do:

Bring a long hose, about 1/2 or 3/4 inch, connect this to one of my outlet turn on the pressure to full blast and insert this pipe into the drain and keep pushing in and pulling up until it goes deeper and deeper and within 2 minutes the choke is clear.

Damage is $60.00

Guess bro you can invest in the water hose no harm trying.

Just sharing my experience what the plumber do.

• Praise 3

anyone try using wet vacuum cleaner to suck and blow before?

Won't work definitely.

My mother has been clearing her kitchen chokes for the last 10 years.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I have this experience before, call the town council plumber and this is what they do:

Bring a long hose, about 1/2 or 3/4 inch, connect this to one of my outlet turn on the pressure to full blast and insert this pipe into the drain and keep pushing in and pulling up until it goes deeper and deeper and within 2 minutes the choke is clear.

Damage is $60.00

Guess bro you can invest in the water hose no harm trying.

Just sharing my experience what the plumber do.

Yes! it's better than the snaky thing! Why didn't I think of that! and the car wash hose is just behind my car boot [idea]

Won't work definitely.

how mama does it?

• Praise 1

If the choke is mild - ie mostly caused by grease and fat from the kitchen sink.

Then what u can do is to use boiling water, keep boiling and pouring into the sink outlet continuously.

If not the flexible hose doesn't work very well. My mum actually puts her arm all the way into clear the choke herself.

The TC plumber sometimes just use brute force to clear the choke with their hose and brute force

• Praise 1

Thanks.

I reckon the day people stop pouring oil and grease into their sinks, chokes will still come.

Pouring hot water frequently does help.

Won't work definitely.

Your arm must be slim enough to reach in and clear the debris also. Sometimes if it's sand/silt, the dislodging done by the above, still need to use your hand to go into the U part to clear.

Thanks.

I reckon the day people stop pouring oil and grease into their sinks, chokes will still come.

I use paper towels to wipe off grease and too much oil on the pots/pans.

I'm quite anal about not allowing rice to flow into my own flat's sink.

my parents in law heck care, but i've seen my mother's kitchen flooded before from these chokes ...

I'm very disturbed by my MIL's sink trap which doesn't catch most of the food debris going down into the sink. But her house, so i don't comment too much, diam diam  -_-

Thanks.

any idea what cause the choke? you say there were white solid stuff

the last time i had to call plumber was there was a farking cloth in the pipe... dunno who put de knn

Your arm must be slim enough to reach in and clear the debris also. Sometimes if it's sand/silt, the dislodging done by the above, still need to use your hand to go into the U part to clear.

I use paper towels to wipe off grease and too much oil on the pots/pans.

I'm quite anal about not allowing rice to flow into my own flat's sink.

my parents in law heck care, but i've seen my mother's kitchen flooded before from these chokes ...

I'm very disturbed by my MIL's sink trap which doesn't catch most of the food debris going down into the sink. But her house, so i don't comment too much, diam diam  -_-

i use something like this for sink... daiso also sells for $2.. buy for yourself and in laws....

http://world.taobao.com/item/43814122585.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.gbnl7p&_u=tkh9qm846d1

Edited by Galantspeedz

In following order

1. Oil and grease - it's like human blood vessels clog leading to heart attacks or strokes.

2. accumulated minute sands/particles, and hairs.

3. surprises like the piece of cloth. [laugh]

any idea what cause the choke? you say there were white solid stuff

the last time i had to call plumber was there was a farking cloth in the pipe... dunno who put de knn

If the choke is mild - ie mostly caused by grease and fat from the kitchen sink.

Then what u can do is to use boiling water, keep boiling and pouring into the sink outlet continuously.

If not the flexible hose doesn't work very well. My mum actually puts her arm all the way into clear the choke herself.

The TC plumber sometimes just use brute force to clear the choke with their hose and brute force

Put my hand in?? I scare later no one to call SCDF for me [crazy]

In following order

1. Oil and grease - it's like human blood vessels clog leading to heart attacks or strokes.

2. accumulated minute sands/particles, and hairs.

3. surprises like the piece of cloth. [laugh]

lol it's the grease + rice combi according to my mum.

Sometimes she shows me what she digs up.

yeah. my mum forbade me to do it.

not advisable to do it. Be careful of certain disease spread through this way if/when you have some skin breaks.

I suspected my dad contracted leptospirosis as he frequently clears his hawker stall drains this way.

When you mentioned "brute force", I doubt the water hose is able to penetrate these solidified whatever thing too... haiz.... I need a mini tunnel boring machine! [grin]

↡ Advertisement