2016 Feb, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

*off topic a bit*

Singaporeans really very rich. Economy down but still thinking about buying car. Down payment easily 40k cash also can afford. Imagine if no COE, I think one family will have 2-3 cars per household.

Feel that COE should be a fixed rate following hdb bto application for the allocation of COE.

Cat A = $25k. Fixed.

Quota 2000. (Follow hdb bto format for first timer etc etc) over quota then bid next bidding.)

Left over quota bring to next bidding

Continue.

No one will have to speculate or worry they get the shorter end of the stick. Car prices will be fixed throughout and everyone will know the dealer profit margin. Fixed amount of vehicles being registered too.

But.. I'm not a scholar. So this may be a pos idea. Hahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

You should go collect more red packet during the cny instead of daydreaming.

If me being a commoner peasant can think of this guaranteed $ making mechanism, I believe many 'towkays' mind can also map out this idea. This is genuine and legitatmate way to make 100% return in 2 yrs compared to fixed deposits, equity n bonds. 10% return already high risk....

Shall gather some towkays to invest and explore this loophole in the Coe supply....

Huat ah everyone;)

*off topic a bit*

Singaporeans really very rich. Economy down but still thinking about buying car. Down payment easily 40k cash also can afford. Imagine if no COE, I think one family will have 2-3 cars per household.

Feel that COE should be a fixed rate following hdb bto application for the allocation of COE.

Cat A = $25k. Fixed.

Quota 2000. (Follow hdb bto format for first timer etc etc) over quota then bid next bidding.)

Continue.

No one will have to speculate or worry they get the shorter end of the stick. Car prices will be fixed throughout and everyone will know the dealer profit margin. Fixed amount of vehicles being registered too.

That will just create

(1) a secondary black market

(2) one Coe per lifetime..

You sure you want this?

Side track.. Damn the monkeys are out destroying, shaking the tress, terrorising humans and stealing food! 2 earthquakes in a week.. Nikkei down 5%.. Someone fell while hoverboarding... Hmmm.. Be careful of the monkeys... They are trouble makers...

*off topic a bit*

Cat A = $25k. Fixed.

Continue.

It is indeed a pos idea... Hahaha...

• Praise 1

You should go collect more red packet during the cny instead of daydreaming.

That is the fact if coe can go below 10k like what some bear forecasted. For the rich, can easily buy a few cars and than selling back during the drought season and made profit from it. Maybe can rent them out 1st to cover the ownership cost while waiting for the right time to sell
  • Praise 1

iirc,  the window of opportunity to secure low COE prices (below $10k) was quite short, say a few months, according to 2009 experience. So those who benefited were a small group of buyers out of the entire car population. Hardly making a difference to traffic conditions.

The lady may be fruit tart, $200 Coe to get her car.

Brilliant.

Watch out for road hoggers all over when Coe drop to $200.

Now the key is to time your purchase perfectly if the COE will drop to below $10k this time. Not everyone will be able to do it, due to all sorts of reasons and fears. It's usually the hustlers who win.

Edited by Frost98
  • Praise 2

iirc,  the window of opportunity to secure low COE prices (below $10k) was quite short, say a few months, according to 2009 experience. So those who benefited were a small group of buyers out of the entire car population.

If COE ever drops to $10k this time, my opinion is that the window of opportunity will be longer than 2009 because of the loan quantum rule. For eg, a buyer will now have to fork out $30k or 50% for a new $60k CAT A car.

No such thing in 2009 so low-middle income buyers could borrow at 100% during 2009, therefore COE prices picked up fast when it hit the bottom.   

The loan quantum rule is the game changer this time. It kills the low-mid income car aspirants.

In Singapore context, car demand will greatly exceed supply if low-mid income people can buy cars. I don't mean to be nasty but there is no good reason why they should be spending most of their income to maintain a car.

Edited by Frost98

As mr lim already confirmed chop coe will fall in 2016-2018.. Riss in 2019 onwards, I will gather investors to chip in n buy 100 cars at low . Mayb toyota altis at 60k. Wait for Coe rise more than 50k then sell as 2ndhand, make 100% in 2 years. Huat ah:)

I will Also buy 2 more cars for wifey and parents in law if Coe drop to 10k.

Skool boy talking.......

CNA reported that ADs had a three fold increase in sales during the CNY weekend, which normally should be quiet. Looks like the COE surge is inevitable.

One ad or all ads.

Sometimes dun read too much in these reports

• Praise 1

That is the fact if coe can go below 10k like what some bear forecasted. For the rich, can easily buy a few cars and than selling back during the drought season and made profit from it. Maybe can rent them out 1st to cover the ownership cost while waiting for the right time to sell

What if coe stays at same level for few years ? By the time when coe rise the cars already depreciate by few years even if sell also cannot earn. And although can rent out to cover cost but what about the administrative cost. And to rent out long term will have to be registered as rental car and lose parf. All these uncertain factors and risk all for a insignificant profit and higher chance of lose. Which rich man will or has done this kind of speculation before pray tell ? Your idea is way too simplistic to the point of silly. If it is so simple might as well buy stock at lowest and then hold and sell at very high. Sure earn much bigger money. Easy to talk only but do is another thing. Lol. Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 3

below 10k COE can last for few years, you base on idea or factual? Got history proven? If no, what made your theory more convincing?

Nevertheless, I hope that you are right instead of mine. Then many owners include me can change car again [laugh]

What if coe stays at same level for few years ? By the time when coe rise the cars already depreciate by few years even if sell also cannot earn. And although can rent out to cover cost but what about the administrative cost. And to rent out long term will have to be registered as rental car and lose parf. All these uncertain factors and risk all for a insignificant profit and higher chance of lose. Which rich man will or has done this kind of speculation before pray tell ? Your idea is way too simplistic to the point of silly. If it is so simple might as well buy stock at lowest and then hold and sell at very high. Sure earn much bigger money. Easy to talk only but do is another thing. Lol.

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 1

What if coe stays at same level for few years ? By the time when coe rise the cars already depreciate by few years even if sell also cannot earn. And although can rent out to cover cost but what about the administrative cost. And to rent out long term will have to be registered as rental car and lose parf. All these uncertain factors and risk all for a insignificant profit and higher chance of lose. Which rich man will or has done this kind of speculation before pray tell ? Your idea is way too simplistic to the point of silly. If it is so simple might as well buy stock at lowest and then hold and sell at very high. Sure earn much bigger money. Easy to talk only but do is another thing. Lol.

As mr lim our stsistican has not deny that Coe will rise in 2019 onwards due to the famine and feast cycle of coe. he claim will fall in 2017-2018 which I fully agree due to supply and demand figures.

So from 2019 onwards if Coe shrink supply n still don't go up then I think fundamentally economics is wrong and the root problem is worst than we thought. Market bad till no one dare commit a car.

As the time to buy n sell is within the timeframe of 2 years. The depreciation lost is easily recoverable by the expected spike of Coe of 50k or more from 10k base. So it's still possible to make $ n of course there a degree of risk where quota may increase or due to govt intervention that Coe px may remain low but unlikely. In this world, want to make $, there's always a risk element n one must be willing to shoulder it to reap its intended gain.

One ad or all ads.

Sometimes dun read too much in these reports

Last time this AD maybe had 20 orders. Now 60. 3 folds la.. Haiya...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1