2016 Feb, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

The reason why COE went up is because there are more demand than supply. We have now seen slow down of job growth. We have also seen that it is important to have Singaporean core. Furthermore, companies are also on cost budget with investment banking dwindling down in Asia. All these point to lesser money on hand.

In fact, the reason why COE go up is because the buyer want to secure the price within 6 bids thus car dealer bid it up and up. In short, you hardly see a car dealer go bankrupt because their business is profitable in bad and good times. They control the price...

↡ Advertisement

Thats why i say, the price must be calculated by the scholars.

Certain rules must be enforced.

I also forgot to add in some points which i mentioned much much earlier, my bad.

COE "bidding" must be paid in full cash only.

Car loans must be enforced at 50% max for five years max, no private fiinancing or hanky panky.

If caught, confiscate car, fine the business that lends.

Eg. COE $50k (to be paid in full cash)

Car price $60k, can borrow max $30k over 5yrs max.

CAT coe should start at minimum of $50k, CAT B should be $70k

Car must be registered in the name of the bidder of COE.

Dealers cannot bid.

One COE per name (above 21yrs)

Additional COEs on same name will be doubled and tripled accordingly.

Muayhahahahahahahaa

Gong xi fa cai!

Know you are rich bro. There are people who needs a car. What you are suggesting is cars are only for the rich. Anyway don't eat too much during CNY. Watch your blood pressure,blood sugar and cholesterol hoh

the last Friday Singapore stock market is propped up for good feeling. Same as the end Jan stock market. SGX got that FT call Magnus...under his leadership, we lost a lot of creditability due to technical glitches and also the manipulation of market

Today SGX is not what it is viewed under this region ...very similar to ex SMRT also selected with no hand on experience to run SMRT...

Short-sellers circle Singapore’s stock market

SGX saw its total short selling surge from 3.2 billion ($2.24 billion) in December to 5.6 billion Singapore dollars in January

DBS which venture out into India is one of the prime to be short....India is never a good market for Chinese banks...even though you have an India Indian CEO, and many foreign talent senior leadership team...and HOD...

I think we might see cat b at 20k plus in March 2016. Stock market will resume down ward plunge after cny

High chance to be below 30k, probably 20k to 30k range in Q2/Q3.

To have car lite very easy, just request 100% cash on delivery, no loan to be accepted. Immediately you get carlite and low COE.

Edited by NormalGuy

To have car lite very easy, just request 100% cash on delivery, no loan to be accepted. Immediately you get carlite and low COE.

They of course can do it.... but they won't cause there will be political price to pay..... so best is still the current policy.... screw us deep deep, to make their pocket deep deep and we are still very happy.... [lipsrsealed]  [rolleyes]  

• Praise 1

They of course can do it.... but they won't cause there will be political price to pay..... so best is still the current policy.... screw us deep deep, to make their pocket deep deep and we are still very happy.... [lipsrsealed][rolleyes]

Loan companies will all collapse one by one. Bank related ones will take a hit, retrenchment begin.

Those peeps whom want Coe to drop never thought about all these one. Getting e car is satki enough so if Coe drop to $200, they won't plan but sure insist 'can afford one la'. They try not to even think about all these costs.

last time I knew few ppl who really earn $1800+- n they bought a car.

then there was a trend when I was a nsf, and I see 1 bunch of non compact regular who earn below $2500 bought lots of funny used car.

so I still believe owning cars r meant for ppl who have spare cash. I knew there r ppl who need cars due to some valid reasons but there r other option beside buying cars

• Praise 3

Immediate? When did you even seen in history before that when gov going to implement something, they do it immediate? Typically, ppls need a grace period to calm down the "shock" period. This "shock" period is meant for ppls to condition and get prepare for the coming changes. Just like implementing GST, CEV, do you see with immediate effect? 

If Gov do implement 100% cash delivery, during the grace period before the execution, ppls will already rush in to purchase. Even the bear might also rush in as they will feel that no point to wait longer. This will jack up the COE price. Once implemented, only left with those cash rich that can afford to buy the car w/o loan. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Immediate? When did you even seen in history before that when gov going to implement something, they do it immediate? Typically, ppls need a grace period to calm down the "shock" period. This "shock" period is meant for ppls to condition and get prepare for the coming changes. Just like implementing GST, CEV, do you see with immediate effect?

If Gov do implement 100% cash delivery, during the grace period before the execution, ppls will already rush in to purchase. Even the bear might also rush in as they will feel that no point to wait longer. This will jack up the COE price. Once implemented, only left with those cash rich that can afford to buy the car w/o loan. [laugh]

u new citizen ah?

eg. Petrol tax increase effective immediately on Budget announcement

• Praise 1

That is the official announcement. Rumour has already spread before that to get ppls prepared.

Btw, ppls will not get "shock" even if there is no pre alert in advance. That is because with that implemented, it is still cheaper than what we have paid previously when pertrol price is very high.

Adopting such strategy also depend on the sitution

u new citizen ah?

eg. Petrol tax increase effective immediately on Budget announcement

Edited by Axela72

That is the official announcement. Rumour has already spread before that to get ppls prepared.

Btw, ppls will not get "shock" even if there is no pre alert in advance. That is because with that implemented, it is still cheaper than what we have paid previously when pertrol price is very high.

Adopting such strategy also depend on the sitution

Only those whom are currently drivers know what is petrol tax. Those 10k Coe wannabes will still 'Aiya out of sight out of mind'

Know you are rich bro. There are people who needs a car. What you are suggesting is cars are only for the rich. Anyway don't eat too much during CNY. Watch your blood pressure,blood sugar and cholesterol hoh

Thats not the point.

I am now jobless with no income.

I am not suggesting that cars are for the rich

But cars are definitely not for the poor and i am advocating that people make sure they can afford before they buy.

Yes there are people who need a car. They are called Everyone and Everyone Else.

Muayhahhahahhaha, you scared COE go up ah?

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Immediately the entire finance industry also throw eggs at you, for destroying an entire revenue stream.

100k car with 60k loan, total interest paid over 5 years at 2% = $6000

Now there are 2000 COEs every 2 weeks up for grabs, assume 50% of them take loan and 50% full cash.

Yearly revenue (rough calc) = ($6000 x 1000 cars x 26 weeks) / 5 years = $31.2m

Thats not the point.

I am now jobless with no income.

I am not suggesting that cars are for the rich

But cars are definitely not for the poor and i am advocating that people make sure they can afford before they buy.

Yes there are people who need a car. They are called Everyone and Everyone Else.

Muayhahhahahhaha, you scared COE go up ah?

Who in the right mind want to pay more when one can pay lower right? But anyway should look for a job and be useful.

Immediately the entire finance industry also throw eggs at you, for destroying an entire revenue stream.

100k car with 60k loan, total interest paid over 5 years at 2% = $6000

Now there are 2000 COEs every 2 weeks up for grabs, assume 50% of them take loan and 50% full cash.

Yearly revenue (rough calc) = ($6000 x 1000 cars x 26 weeks) / 5 years = $31.2m

2.78%

Who in the right mind want to pay more when one can pay lower right? But anyway should look for a job and be useful.

The thingy is even at its lowest some still cannot afford with the 'operation costs' included.

No lah, i want COE go high high up, then i sell my cars....

Muayhahahahahaha....

Very sad, no money no job, must sell cars....