2016 Feb, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

They of course can do it.... but they won't cause there will be political price to pay..... so best is still the current policy.... screw us deep deep, to make their pocket deep deep and we are still very happy.... [lipsrsealed][rolleyes]

We are just like frogs in a pot with low fire boiling the water......
↡ Advertisement

Ms Elaine Samboo sounded like fruit tart.

If she paid $200 for her COE, what is she doing at the showroom? Her car should have at least 2-3 years more to go. 

Thanks, but i dont need an explanation on why the prices may become this way.

I know why.

I am simply saying thats its all wrong that CatA should be more than CatB from a logic perspective and the fundamental reason of the COE's existance. Otherwise why have diff categories?

Therefore my way is the only way for a non complicated, fair and objective driven COE system.

A system where people need not "gamble" and decision making is truly based on needs and affordability.

LTA listen up.

Mr Minister listen up.

This is the solution.

Fix the prices of the COEs in each different CAT.

Obviously CAT B must be higher than CAT A no matter what.

Add in a higher priced CAT C for supercars above 4000cc (and dont tell me the road tax already serves that purpose)

Thereon the COE prices will float according to the GDP + inflation rates of the country.

If we do well as a country, COE goes up and if we dont it drops accordingly.

Everyone pays the same price within a year, no stupid bidding.

As with Road Tax, plse scrap that bulls**t, a dumb 5000cc supercar may use less road space than a silly 1800cc MPV. And certainly clocks lower mileage. Plse be logical. Everyone understands logic.

The question is left than to how much the base CAT A COE should be fixed at and what the add ons to make it CAT B will be priced at.

But we have the scholars to calculate that right??,?!,?

Right?!,?,!..

Ps, just in case anyone thinks that i thought of this becos i am a disgruntled Singaporean who cant afford to pay for his COE and is therefore hoping for COEs to drop. Plse think again.

Are you sure you can afford a new Korean car?

my car still left 11 months... hopefully the coe dun crash suddenly and goes up like crazy again 11 months later...

Serious, may I know the reason behind why cant u you bit the bullet right rather than wait till 11 month, since worry so much about the future COE.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Thats why i say, the price must be calculated by the scholars.

Certain rules must be enforced.

I also forgot to add in some points which i mentioned much much earlier, my bad.

COE "bidding" must be paid in full cash only.

Car loans must be enforced at 50% max for five years max, no private fiinancing or hanky panky.

If caught, confiscate car, fine the business that lends.

Eg. COE $50k (to be paid in full cash)

Car price $60k, can borrow max $30k over 5yrs max.

CAT coe should start at minimum of $50k, CAT B should be $70k

Car must be registered in the name of the bidder of COE.

Dealers cannot bid.

One COE per name (above 21yrs)

Additional COEs on same name will be doubled and tripled accordingly.

Muayhahahahahahahaa

Gong xi fa cai!

Alamak, cannot give praise. You must be a scholar with first class from cambridge. 

• Praise 6

CNA reported that ADs had a three fold increase in sales during the CNY weekend, which normally should be quiet. Looks like the COE surge is inevitable. 

• Praise 1

CNA reported that ADs had a three fold increase in sales during the CNY weekend, which normally should be quiet. Looks like the COE surge is inevitable. 

as reported, mostly Cat B, expect Cat A to fall next round, my prediction = 42K

• Praise 1

Actually what is wrong with the current COE system? Cost of COE is hardly a valid reason.

Car is a luxury good in the realm of transportation, like condos in the realm of housing. If no money, take the public transport and buy a BTO flat.

Those who live in condo can go swimming in the pool downstairs everyday, those who stay in flat but want to swim also have to go to public pool. Similarly, those who take public transport but want to have convenience of car should go take the taxi. Call for one, it only costs $4 and you can wait at home until the taxi has arrived downstairs.

If you want to suggest cheaper COEs so everyone can afford cars, might as well the government reduce cost of healthcare, childcare, schooling, etc. It will benefit almost every Singaporean.

The key problem with the coe system is that lta allows the dealers to bid and package  coe in the car price, if lta could change the system to allow only individual , then we all here will only have ourselves to blame if coe continue to stay high

• Praise 1

CNA reported that ADs had a three fold increase in sales during the CNY weekend, which normally should be quiet. Looks like the COE surge is inevitable.

I see it as a sign where people don't celebrate cny much nowadays, they see it as another holiday break only... They value coe more then cny. Sad..

• Praise 5

Twincharged

Serious, may I know the reason behind why cant u you bit the bullet right rather than wait till 11 month, since worry so much about the future COE.

• Praise 2

If she paid $200 for her COE, what is she doing at the showroom? Her car should have at least 2-3 years more to go.

She belong to the group which too much money to burn .... Since still got 2-3 years to go don't know why must change car now ?
  • Praise 2

She belong to the group which too much money to burn .... Since still got 2-3 years to go don't know why must change car now ?

I think her backside itchy but at the same time not willing to spend so much.

• Praise 1

Don't need to discuss so much actually. Said so many times already, if price is right and comfortable, just buy.

If bought low. Good for you. Even if bought high, you also know you won't be screwed.

It's just a car lah.. Why need to subject yourself to all these worries and headaches.

If one keep analysing... But won't dare to pull the trigger. At the end of the day he's just a paper general.

Edited by Chrispie
  • Praise 5

ya, if need or want a ride, just buy it.... No matter how u look at it or analyse it, we are screwed.... Unless u tell me no Coe no 10 years must slaughter ride..... We just get use to it.... Hell even telco also screwing us with their wtf BPL and broadband speed...

• Praise 3

If the current bear listen and believe your advise, there won't be any bear here anymore. They just want to save as much as possible. Yes, majority will all get screwed by the end of the day. However, there is this thing called big screw or small screw. They are aiming for the small or smallest screw [laugh]

ya, if need or want a ride, just buy it.... No matter how u look at it or analyse it, we are screwed.... Unless u tell me no Coe no 10 years must slaughter ride..... We just get use to it.... Hell even telco also screwing us with their wtf BPL and broadband speed...

• Praise 2

If the current bear listen and believe your advise, there won't be any bear here anymore. They just want to save as much as possible. Yes, majority will all get screwed by the end of the day. However, there is this thing called big screw or small screw. They are aiming for the small or smallest screw [laugh]

and how deep also... Kekekke

↡ Advertisement