2016 Feb, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

Why sad?

It is not that coe is more valuable than CNY 

Its just that Coe has become part of our life, like sch admissions, psle exams etc 

coe discussed in almost every forum. recently found coe thread even in kiasuparent forum 

people happy to discuss or rant about coe and cars during cny visits, birthday parties etc

"wah,I got a cheap coe" "alamak should have waited a little longer", " waiting for $1 coe",  "coe has plunged"

"coe will rise", "howcome you have some many freebies from SE", "you hav a beautiful car", "wow, fantastic sports rims",  etc

Whether joy or rant, its  good for mental health [laugh]

I see it as a sign where people don't celebrate cny much nowadays, they see it as another holiday break only... They value coe more then cny. Sad..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Seriousï¼ may I know the reason behind why cant u you bit the bullet right rather than wait till 11 month, since worry so much about the future COE.ð´

I know the reason. Cause he take 10 years loan previously. Loan haven't pay finish.
  • Praise 4

Don't need to discuss so much actually. Said so many times already, if price is right and comfortable, just buy.

If bought low. Good for you. Even if bought high, you also know you won't be screwed.

It's just a car lah.. Why need to subject yourself to all these worries and headaches.

If one keep analysing... But won't dare to pull the trigger. At the end of the day he's just a paper general.

Cos they cannot afford. Must analyse until shiok shiok. These people tell themselves that those who bought earlier are foolish. If can wait, then wait. Maybe 1 year later still analysing. Who knows?

I will say there are many groups of car buyers based on COE prices.

For Cat A and B cars

60k and above COE buyers - Mostly Rich people

50k - 60k COE buyers - Mostly High income people

40k - 50k COE buyers - Mostly High income people

30k - 40k COE buyers - middle income people

20k - 30k COE buyers - middle income people

10k - 20k COE buyers - below average income people(i am in this group of buyers haha)

10k and below COE buyers - Low income people

Ofcause, there are rich ppl waiting to buy cheap cheap COE too.

• Praise 7

CNA reported that ADs had a three fold increase in sales during the CNY weekend, which normally should be quiet. Looks like the COE surge is inevitable.

The more the merrier...this would clear those comfortable with 30 to 40 k COE.

After this lot clears....when more COEs released later this year, COE should drop further....

• Praise 3

If u "rush" to buy a car now, some ppl call u kancheong spider, if u wait for the coe to drop then buy, ppl asked u why don't u bite the bullet.

It feels like Chinese new year those auntie uncle ask u, when u getting gf to marry to Give birth then to give more birth. Never ending

Waiting for coe to drop if u still have a car to drive is definitely a best choice now. Unless someone tell me coe price will increase after more coe quota and recession la or its not worth it to wait 2 weeks and save $13k la.

• Praise 5

Totally agree, can wait, wait.

For those who bo pian current car COE expiring, or feel OK with COE at current prices, they will go in. Can't call people kan cheong spider cos it's their decision.

I think we should just congratulate them when they get their new rides.[:)]

Edited by Aukang
  • Praise 2

Actually it would make sense to wait a while longer as COE prices is on downtrend with more cars expected to be scraped. Of course the black swan event possibility is govt intervention/change of policy.

That's right wait till 2017.

Wait wait wait. Don't get any in 2016 since its downwards anyway!

For Cat A and B cars

10k - 20k COE buyers - below average income people(i am in this group of buyers haha)

Can u afford the full spectrum of costs for the car? The maintenance and operational costs bro?

Totally agree, can wait, wait.

For those who bo pian current car COE expiring, or feel OK with COE at current prices, they will go in. Can't call people kan cheong spider cos it's their decision.

I think we should just congratulate them when they get their new rides.[:)]

either way kana suan. wait and buy also kana suan, either they r his wife or dealers?

If someone really blindly follow some of the members advise n buy a car let say cat b 1 week ago n dereg his 9yrs plus old car. I think that guy will go wack that member ass

As I always say, buy car in sg is like buying share, must time when to buy, when to hold and when to sell to gain the most 'profit'... In this case, 'saving'..its a gamble for sure..... Hehe

CNA reported that ADs had a three fold increase in sales during the CNY weekend, which normally should be quiet. Looks like the COE surge is inevitable.

We just have car show but price still drop . Don't believe what u saw on newspaper or news. Edited by Eaton

For Cat A and B cars

I think it's like a pyramid. My COE is 50+k but I will happily buy anything below it as well, all the way down to $1.

Hence that's why if your budget is only 10k, you gotta wait long long. By the time it reaches 10k, you have rich people, high income, middle income and below average income people all fighting with you for the COE.

I think it's like a pyramid. My COE is 50+k but I will happily buy anything below it as well, all the way down to $1.

Hence that's why if your budget is only 10k, you gotta wait long long. By the time it reaches 10k, you have rich people, high income, middle income and below average income people all fighting with you for the COE.

Very true.

If coe drops to 10k,i may just buy another car simply for the heck of it. Since I got a suv recently.. And wife likes cabriolet.. Why not just get the cabriolet too? One for utility and one for indulgence?

• Praise 2

Very true.

If coe drops to 10k,i may just buy another car simply for the heck of it. Since I got a suv recently.. And wife likes cabriolet.. Why not just get the cabriolet too? One for utility and one for indulgence?

As mr lim already confirmed chop coe will fall in 2016-2018.. Riss in 2019 onwards, I will gather investors to chip in n buy 100 cars at low . Mayb toyota altis at 60k. Wait for Coe rise more than 50k then sell as 2ndhand, make 100% in 2 years. Huat ah:)

I will Also buy 2 more cars for wifey and parents in law if Coe drop to 10k.

• Praise 2

Immediate? When did you even seen in history before that when gov going to implement something, they do it immediate? Typically, ppls need a grace period to calm down the "shock" period. This "shock" period is meant for ppls to condition and get prepare for the coming changes. Just like implementing GST, CEV, do you see with immediate effect? 

If Gov do implement 100% cash delivery, during the grace period before the execution, ppls will already rush in to purchase. Even the bear might also rush in as they will feel that no point to wait longer. This will jack up the COE price. Once implemented, only left with those cash rich that can afford to buy the car w/o loan. [laugh]

Most, if not all, property cooling measures were announced and immediately came to effect overnight. 

• Praise 1

As mr lim already confirmed chop coe will fall in 2016-2018.. Riss in 2019 onwards, I will gather investors to chip in n buy 100 cars at low . Mayb toyota altis at 60k. Wait for Coe rise more than 50k then sell as 2ndhand, make 100% in 2 years. Huat ah:)

post-3324-0-05284600-1454996940.jpg

• Praise 3

You should go collect more red packet during the cny instead of daydreaming.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2