2016 Feb, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

As mr lim our stsistican has not deny that Coe will rise in 2019 onwards due to the famine and feast cycle of coe. he claim will fall in 2017-2018 which I fully agree due to supply and demand figures.

So from 2019 onwards if Coe shrink supply n still don't go up then I think fundamentally economics is wrong and the root problem is worst than we thought. Market bad till no one dare commit a car.

As the time to buy n sell is within the timeframe of 2 years. The depreciation lost is easily recoverable by the expected spike of Coe of 50k or more from 10k base. So it's still possible to make $ n of course there a degree of risk where quota may increase or due to govt intervention that Coe px may remain low but unlikely. In this world, want to make $, there's always a risk element n one must be willing to shoulder it to reap its intended gain.

Lots of great and brilliant busisnessmen amongst us. If we are so brilliant we won't be in this forum. Will be rich enough to own what we want. No matter what the COE levels are.

I know the reason. Cause he take 10 years loan previously. Loan haven't pay finish.

haha actually no, i got my car 2nd hand so only took whatever remains of the loan. althou i have already break even my loan ( i can scrap now and make some money ) but its not really worth it for me to do so. ideally would rather drive til scrap, get back full parf den change car...

• Praise 1

haha actually no, i got my car 2nd hand so only took whatever remains of the loan. althou i have already break even my loan ( i can scrap now and make some money ) but its not really worth it for me to do so. ideally would rather drive til scrap, get back full parf den change car...

Regardless when you scrap your car, you wouldn't be able to get back the full amount of thePARF. You can get back a fraction of it depend the age of the vehicle. It will be the same rebate between 9th to 10th year car. Now your worried was the surge in future COE, not the parf rebate, as it will be your no matter what happen at any point of time from now.

• Praise 1

That is the fact if coe can go below 10k like what some bear forecasted. For the rich, can easily buy a few cars and than selling back during the drought season and made profit from it. Maybe can rent them out 1st to cover the ownership cost while waiting for the right time to sell

how much money can the rich make? car is a depreciating asset after all?

will probably make even more putting the money into investments when CEO is at 10k level  [laugh]

There's a reason for the recent drop in COE, just watch the magic unfold, only peeps whom have inside info knows what's happening.

Next bidding may have a surprise, alot peeps expecting it to rise right :D

There's a reason for the recent drop in COE, just watch the magic unfold, only peeps whom have inside info knows what's happening.

What's the reason if you may share?

Maybe you will like to share the reason?

As mr lim our stsistican has not deny that Coe will rise in 2019 onwards due to the famine and feast cycle of coe. he claim will fall in 2017-2018 which I fully agree due to supply and demand figures.

So from 2019 onwards if Coe shrink supply n still don't go up then I think fundamentally economics is wrong and the root problem is worst than we thought. Market bad till no one dare commit a car.

As the time to buy n sell is within the timeframe of 2 years. The depreciation lost is easily recoverable by the expected spike of Coe of 50k or more from 10k base. So it's still possible to make $ n of course there a degree of risk where quota may increase or due to govt intervention that Coe px may remain low but unlikely. In this world, want to make $, there's always a risk element n one must be willing to shoulder it to reap its intended gain.

I kept reading and trying to figure who's this mr lim that you are talking about... Then i occur to me that MCFer kept confusing my callsign.  That's Mr Li, the data analyst, friend.   [laugh]

Now, you still owe me the 40K for investment advisory fees.... but let me prove the worth of my investment advice and before you drag a whole bunch of relatives and friends under the water with you.

This is the COE due for renewal over the next 10 years if (1) the COE is not renew (2) the owner does not scrap early, ie the COE are fully held for the ten possible years.

14j12sw.png

To make it easier, I have marked the years the the COE are up for grabs.  The supply of COE in 2018 will still be higher than 2015 which only 68K of COE is up for grab, which incidentally triggered a fall from 65K to 45K.  Only in 2019 which supply level drop up to the level seen in 2015, and only in 2020 will it be lower than 2015.

So, you won't be holding the cars for the next 2 years, you need to hold those cars until 2019, if not 2020.  There are also incidents cost that any second car dealer or AD can tell you.  Parking cost, maintenance cost (what, you intend not to maintain the cars?), taxes and opportunity cost.  And as others have stated, if you are thinking of Uber'isation or rental, there are those other cost involved too.

So, think carefully before you commit.  If yes, then the best time to commit is actually in 2018, when prices have fallen significantly and the holding costs will make the ROI worthwhile.

GL.  And please pay the the advisory fees before I call the debt collection companies on you  [laugh]

• Praise 5

I kept reading and trying to figure who's this mr lim that you are talking about... Then i occur to me that MCFer kept confusing my callsign.  That's Mr Li, the data analyst, friend.   [laugh]

Now, you still owe me the 40K for investment advisory fees.... but let me prove the worth of my investment advice and before you drag a whole bunch of relatives and friends under the water with you.

This is the COE due for renewal over the next 10 years if (1) the COE is not renew (2) the owner does not scrap early, ie the COE are fully held for the ten possible years.

14j12sw.png

To make it easier, I have marked the years the the COE are up for grabs.  The supply of COE in 2018 will still be higher than 2015 which only 68K of COE is up for grab, which incidentally triggered a fall from 65K to 45K.  Only in 2019 which supply level drop up to the level seen in 2015, and only in 2020 will it be lower than 2015.

So, you won't be holding the cars for the next 2 years, you need to hold those cars until 2019, if not 2020.  There are also incidents cost that any second car dealer or AD can tell you.  Parking cost, maintenance cost (what, you intend not to maintain the cars?), taxes and opportunity cost.  And as others have stated, if you are thinking of Uber'isation or rental, there are those other cost involved too.

So, think carefully before you commit.  If yes, then the best time to commit is actually in 2018, when prices have fallen significantly and the holding costs will make the ROI worthwhile.

GL.  And please pay the the advisory fees before I call the debt collection companies on you  [laugh]

Yeap, the waiters out there, please wait till 2018.

Anytime between now and 2018 will be a risk as whatever coe price you buy may not be the lowest :D

last friday, most blue chips in US stock market down 3-6%, next week global stock will continue to dive down fast & furious.

Spore stock market will follow the meltdown, global economy is heading total collapse, many job lost, layoff, pay cut on the way.

In 2008-9, lehman crisis, coe down from $70-80k to below $5k, coming crisis from 2016-2017 is much larger than lehman due to debt today is many time bigger. Time for debt squeezed now with rate hike on the way & a sudden rate surge will come due to liquidity dry up, banks run globally, spore will not spare & will hit even harder due to hot money & investment out flow totally.

many ft & foreigners lost their jobs, will mass move out.

oil & commodity price will continue to meltdown, retail sales will plunges, time to tumble coe price, bankrupt many small & medium 2nd hand car dealers. Strong one prevail, no bail out, let market decides. let those who manipulate, die with no mercy as manipulation is criminal.

more down in coe to come.

This pretty much sums up the current situation. 

What a gloomy week. Right after mid night, I checked the oil price, it dropped back to $30 after last week's short recovery. Everyone worried for their job. No job, no money, no car. Simple as that. Fear is huge now, everywhere. This time it does not come in a big wave  and then come straight to recovery like in 2009. Maybe those guys keep posting the news about showroom so packed with buyers etc are car dealers. 

For me, I never planned to get car, but due to job requirement, now I need a car. Even with car allowance, I still do not think it is the right time to buy a car now. Sigh. 

• Praise 1

This pretty much sums up the current situation. 

What a gloomy week. Right after mid night, I checked the oil price, it dropped back to $30 after last week's short recovery. Everyone worried for their job. No job, no money, no car. Simple as that. Fear is huge now, everywhere. This time it does not come in a big wave  and then come straight to recovery like in 2009. Maybe those guys keep posting the news about showroom so packed with buyers etc are car dealers. 

For me, I never planned to get car, but due to job requirement, now I need a car. Even with car allowance, I still do not think it is the right time to buy a car now. Sigh. 

I went MB, Jaguar, Audi and BMW showrooms on Saturday. Showrooms, while not packed, had quite a healthy number of people looking around. Whether they actually turned out to become actual sales, I cannot confirm.

I went MB, Jaguar, Audi and BMW showrooms on Saturday. Showrooms, while not packed, had quite a healthy number of people looking around. Whether they actually turned out to become actual sales, I cannot confirm.

Amazing. I actually have fallen into a kind of depression lately just by looking at the oil price up and down. But knowing someone owned a BMW earning just 2.5k a month, I am not surprised there are more such people around. I see my ex co went through rounds of retrenchment last year, now up for the next round soon with the current market situation, I really have no appetite for any kind of spending.

See this one today ? 

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/jitters-over-looming-job-cuts-in-banking