GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

I have college stay nearby and everyday he want a lift. I buy the car for my and family convenience. Really to much! [bounce1]

you can tease him by saying: wah XXX ( his name ), everyday you tompang my car go work, save a lot of transport money sia.....!! You see, i so good let you save money and hassle of squeezing overcrowded trains or buses, ok lah, from today onwards everyday's lunch is on you liao..... thanks ah.....

if he on you, you save lunch money and he save transport money, win-win situation [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

it is your car and your time, you have the final say.

I usually don't mind if it is on the way but after a while, there is always some expectations of such a continuing "arrangement", so I will prefer to say "No" on day 1.

I have done it before to a close friend (it was a slight detour initially but as it is almost a daily thingy, it became a chore after a while). Well, it gets awkward for a while but it will pass. If the person gets angry with you, the flaw is with him/her, so why bother? fxxk it and just move on.

I will just told the colleague to wait at my carpark everyday if he wants a lift to office.

If it's really that "nearby", he shouldn't have a problem. But if he doesn't wish to walk over

to your car park, that mean it is not so "nearby".

Instead of complaining and whining, one should learn how to say "No" at certain times.

What if his your neighbor from the same block? [grouphug]

I have college stay nearby and everyday he want a lift. I buy the car for my and family convenience. Really to much! [bounce1]

Maybe TS is the chio lady and "he" is just finding an excuse to get close to her :D

• Praise 1

What if his your neighbor from the same block? [grouphug]

Whether neighbor from the same block or opp block, same treatment.

Wait at the car park and dun expect the driver to wait for the passenger.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

So what's your take after this? Continue to be weak and soft and let him walk all over you?

My suggestion is grow some balls and learn to say "NO" for a change.

Or

Make him do most of your work in the office as compensation. Haha....

Otherwise you will continue to get stuck in this situation for who knows when.

Good luck.

thats why i find it funny how come got people come into the forum to ask this kinda question.

grown up working leow still sound like gin na complaining that colleague buey zhi dong, i still wonder what is stopping him from tell his colleague, "fark off, today i no mood to tong pang u" [rolleyes]

thats why i find it funny how come got people come into the forum to ask this kinda question.

grown up working leow still sound like gin na complaining that colleague buey zhi dong, i still wonder what is stopping him from tell his colleague, "fark off, today i no mood to tong pang u" [rolleyes]

Sometimes just paiseh to open mouth especially working in the same office. I felt TS' buay song.. he just looking for some a platform to vent his frustration..

Turbocharged

Sometimes just paiseh to open mouth especially working in the same office. I felt TS' buay song.. he just looking for some a platform to vent his frustration..

he should vent that frustration to that colleague.

but then again, if he need that colleague at work for some favor or if that colleague is more senior, he better LLST if he wish to stay in the same co lor.

If I am you, I don't mind giving him a lift if:

1) He is the one waiting for me and not the other way round

2) No detours in favour of him on the way

3) He does not introduce other people to get a ride on my car

4) He is not stingy and willing offer to spend money for me. eg treat lunch/drinks etc every now and then

5) He is not a pain in the arse while driving [furious]

6) He does not treat my car as his own car

If all the above are not met, then I'll find excuses to ditch him

Edited by Kurtselva
  • Praise 5

wah..... you damn power.... i tink your colleagues will give you nick name same as your MCF nick: cheesepie kia

hahahaha

laugh.gif

I'm not just a 'cheesepie kia' but also a "lan jiao lang"!

crazy.gif

how come no one volunteer to fetch colleague willingly? even if you stay in the west and pasir ris is also 'in the way' [laugh]

just go off earlier lo...than when he call...just say u reach office le..
he/she will LL take public transport...2 times can already...he will get your "message"...

experienced before...machamp unknowingly become his/her private driver....

Edited by calbin7077

Supercharged

Make him do most of your work in the office as compensation. Haha....

Otherwise you will continue to get stuck in this situation for who knows when.

Good luck.

Agreed with Watwheels on this..... Might as well make use of him to help you in office work. I am sure he will be obligated to do so.

I know of a friend (A) who ferries his colleague (B) to/fro home or go outside for lunch. But actually they make use of one another....A is too busy and need help to finish his work, if not A usually has to work OT. So B, who is less busy, helps A out. So in the end, both finish their daily jobs in-time and go home early. Win-win situation for both!

First Warning to him, pick him/her up during almost empty tank, drive to PS & pump full tank.

Come back to car and say to him/her, next time you pay ok?

If that he still dont get the hint, during half tank, drive to PS and pump.

Ask him for the payment.

Direct & harmless enough to reject?

First Warning to him, pick him/her up during almost empty tank, drive to PS & pump full tank.

Come back to car and say to him/her, next time you pay ok?

If that he still dont get the hint, during half tank, drive to PS and pump.

Ask him for the payment.

Direct & harmless enough to reject?

i tink better this way:

go to PS and pump petrol. tel hitcher: i pump petrol first hor..... hey, in order to save time you help me go inside pay leh.....pump 12 hor.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

It actually this kind of "hitching" situation happens also for parents.

Eg. one parent will hitch a ride in another parent's car, cos both their children studied in the same school, in the same session. Like that how to reject ? [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement