GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

Turbocharged

Last time how much commission le? If rider pay more for grab car, might as well go back to taxi?!

When Grabhitch was first launched in November 2015, there was a 20% commission. Then somewhere along the way they removed it entirely. Now they bringing it back to 10%.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2701432-grabhitchryde-car-pooling-services/?p=5714727

↡ Advertisement

Lol Grab too much, seriously.

Can’t wait till Go Jek comes and I’ll jump from a grab hitch driver and all other grab to the other side

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Slowly all the patterns coming out liao.

I usually only do Hitch for those $10 and above if can find a rider that fits my destination.

What pattern? Surely you didn't expect it to be a free service they provide forever? Plus they were even giving discount codes for it at one point.

2nd Gear

When Grabhitch was first launched in November 2015, there was a 20% commission. Then somewhere along the way they removed it entirely. Now they bringing it back to 10%.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2701432-grabhitchryde-car-pooling-services/?p=5714727

I will not drive grab hitch till they remove the 10%.no point .make $ for grab and help them retain customer base but they penalize us
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

I will not drive grab hitch till they remove the 10%.no point .make $ for grab and help them retain customer base but they penalize us

I guess it is because grab sees a trend that more and more phv drivers start to drive grabhitch and they could do unlimited hitch. They see this increasing trend and got scared as in because of more phv driver start driving for unlimited hitch, it will affect their income on the commission from grabcar, grabshare, justgrab and etc.

So start charging 10% fee for grabhitch.. Like that they will not lose money.

Actually lta should put this unlimited hitch to a stop even for phv drivers can only do max 2 trips and not unlimited hitch.. But well.. Lta what are you guys doing?

Edited by Yewheng

Supersonic

Without the 10%, how were you making money for them?
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Please bring me thru’ your thought process bro.

The trip is $8. Customer pay $8 and you get $8. You are using their system.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

There's no free lunch in this world lah... this is business & is a matter of time they'll start charging in providing their matching service for the Hitch drivers. Initially can provide free first to get in more drivers signing up Hitch so they can build up their drivers base which is good to entice customers who have more choices from Grab cars to Grab hitch depending how urgent they need the ride.. Now with Uber out of the way & they've build up the large customers base, it's time to bring in the $$.. common business sense.

Switching to others make no sense at this point as the newcomers have not build up their customers base yet.. so it'll be very difficult to find you a match.

Anyway, Grab Hitch is not meant to make $$ lah,, just decide if after the 10% fee impose & if what you get still worth the extra detour & time to take up the hitch... is always your choice to make.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I dont mind deduct 10% if i got bigger pool of rider and get match more easily

About 20 minutes ago, grabshare was gone from the rider app.. Now it's back up again.. Guess grab have the intention to remove grabshare when more and more people take grabhitch. Maybe that's the reason why they start charging 10% commission for grabhitch come 1st Jun.

So future will be those who want to save cost and don't mind share ride take grabhitch and no more grabshare.

Without the 10%, how were you making money for them?

Yalor, in fact losing big money last time. The promos for riders, the incentives for drivers...

Supersonic

Yalor, in fact losing big money last time. The promos for riders, the incentives for drivers...

Lol. It's one thing to complain that 10% is too but I don't understand how some people can be delusional enough to think that grab or uber was going to offer their services for free forever.

The day has come.

With uber competition, grab offer competitive incentives for driver and promo code for rider.

Without uber, u see what is happening now is pretty normal.

I guess it is because grab sees a trend that more and more phv drivers start to drive grabhitch and they could do unlimited hitch. They see this increasing trend and got scared as in because of more phv driver start driving for unlimited hitch, it will affect their income on the commission from grabcar, grabshare, justgrab and etc.

So start charging 10% fee for grabhitch.. Like that they will not lose money.

Actually lta should put this unlimited hitch to a stop even for phv drivers can only do max 2 trips and not unlimited hitch.. But well.. Lta what are you guys doing?

Phv driver can do unlimited hitch ?

I tot also need to follow LTA regulation, twice per day.

Twincharged
(edited)

The day has come.

With uber competition, grab offer competitive incentives for driver and promo code for rider.

Without uber, u see what is happening now is pretty normal.

Phv driver can do unlimited hitch ?

I tot also need to follow LTA regulation, twice per day.

Ask lta..

Because of one loophole that resulted in grab staff openly announced that phv drivers can do unlimited hitch provided they fulfill certain requirements.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement