GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

I saw one rider posted 4 pax to T2 and 3 luggages, indicating preferably a MPV wor !! ( flexible timing )

So cheapo

Sure got many cheapo, some even more selfish pay little fare don't want to share and must reach at their time. Just cancel and go. Don't waste time on these people.
  • Praise 2

Hello fellow hitch drivers, saw the app today listed $58 car servicing by Autobacs which include 4L engine oil and oil filter, 25 point car check. Anyone tried it yet? Scared they will upsell you while doing servicing.

No more Grabhitch between 1-5am starting next month. Reason stated is safety. But objective I think is to collect more revenue if available option is only regular Grabcar.

• Praise 2

No more Grabhitch between 1-5am starting next month. Reason stated is safety. But objective I think is to collect more revenue if available option is only regular Grabcar.

To be fair to Grab drivers who sacrifice sleeps to slog driving throughout the night. If hitch is still allowed to continue, it will not incentivise grab driving during such hours. Same goes for grabshare.

In my opinion, Grab did the right thing to suspend grabshare and grabhitch from 1am-5am.

• Praise 3

and also, if the original intention of grabhitch is really for non-professional drivers, blocking these hours should hardly hurt anyone.

(i don't discount that there can be shift people who need to drive to tuas at 4.30 everyday but i think on the balance this policy is quite within justification)

My mummy always tell me is dangerous to go out at night. I am heartened that Grab thinks the same
  • Praise 2

Safety for the driver? Hitch driver can decide if it is safe to pick up passengers during the wee hours right? So freaking lame.

SINGAPORE] Ride-hailing firm Grab said on Wednesday it would stop offering car-pooling services during late-night hours in Singapore after drivers complained about some passengers being drunk and argumentative.

Citing feedback from drivers who described intoxicated commuters vomiting in their cars or arguing with them during the ride, the company said it would stop its GrabHitch service between 1am and 5am from next month.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just to check how long does Ryde will normally approve an account?  I have applied since Monday till now.  The system still show pending approval and will take 2working days wor.  Can anyone share?

Thanks. 

Just to check how long does Ryde will normally approve an account?  I have applied since Monday till now.  The system still show pending approval and will take 2working days wor.  Can anyone share?

Thanks. 

Usually within a couple of days. I got mine approved within 2 days, that was 6 months before but to be honest the Ryde hitch hardly get any match to the place i drive (city). After few months deleted the app, not able to get a single ride through the app for the first 2 months. Now, using only grab. 

Neutral Newbie

Usually within a couple of days. I got mine approved within 2 days, that was 6 months before but to be honest the Ryde hitch hardly get any match to the place i drive (city). After few months deleted the app, not able to get a single ride through the app for the first 2 months. Now, using only grab. 

Thanks for the fast response.  But the problem with Hitch is that we can only do 2 rides right?

Just started this and most of the hitches are ok. Just pissed at the girls who are late. I give them 5 minutes and if they don't show I cancel and put in a bad feedback

I'm biased, but as a Grab driver, I don't really like to pick up charbo, 80% of the time they are late.

When I wait in a impossible to wait area, I'll move off when a car comes from behind and I'm blocking them.

I'll cancel straightaway.

I had enough of:

1. "I'm in the lift"

2. "Coming down"

3. "I'll be there in 2 min"

If I can wait, I wait until 5 mins is up, then I cancel. Grab give me $4 for my trouble and I'll rather cancel than pick them up.

If they don't learn a lesson to be punctual and waiting, then they continued to be cancelled.

• Praise 6

Thanks for the fast response.  But the problem with Hitch is that we can only do 2 rides right?

The App doesn't really restrict you to take only 2 rides.  You can take more rides through hitch, but, touchwood if something happens, then your insurance might be in trouble, rather stick to 2 rides which are within legal limits. Moreover, in 1 ride, you can accept up to 4 passengers (legally) but anything more than 2 passenger is troublesome. To me, I will get easily 2 passengers in the morning ride to city and most of them are regulars. 

I'm biased, but as a Grab driver, I don't really like to pick up charbo, 80% of the time they are late.

When I wait in a impossible to wait area, I'll move off when a car comes from behind and I'm blocking them.

I'll cancel straightaway.

I had enough of:

1. "I'm in the lift"

2. "Coming down"

3. "I'll be there in 2 min"

If I can wait, I wait until 5 mins is up, then I cancel. Grab give me $4 for my trouble and I'll rather cancel than pick them up.

If they don't learn a lesson to be punctual and waiting, then they continued to be cancelled.

Wah.... Respect... 

↡ Advertisement