GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

Based on pic and destination usually can profile.

There were times I became a hitch passenger, sat in front, tried to start a conversation but driver not interested. Felt regret I sat in front.

Ya lor. Like it or not, you may be company MD, want some company on a long drive home but passenger sit behind. Nothing u can do. Stop at traffic light and worry staff see you become chauffeur? Good ego-lowering exercise

Lol. I won't even allow my kids to take the back seat if the front seat is available and I also won't do that to someone who is giving me a ride (even if I am obliged to share some petrol cost).

To me, it is mutual respect as the hitch arrangement is supposed to be mutually beneficial and not purely commercial.

While the ride could be a short one, it is the relationship between driver and passenger that matters to some. If the driver is viewed and treated like a commercial driver because $5-10 is changing hands, then perhaps it is no longer an equal relationship. Just because you help to defray some petrol cost does not automatically make you a customer.

Actually to do hitch, you got to like meeting people. Some do it primarily for the money, so they rather the passenger(s) sit behind and play with their phones and not talk. I can understand that but we all do it for different reasons, of course money is a factor but it is not the main one for many here with supposedly big ego.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Based on pic and destination usually can profile.

There were times I became a hitch passenger, sat in front, tried to start a conversation but driver not interested. Felt regret I sat in front.

Ya lor. Like it or not, you may be company MD, want some company on a long drive home but passenger sit behind. Nothing u can do. Stop at traffic light and worry staff see you become chauffeur? Good ego-lowering exercise

Some rider dont even have a picture le, how to profile? Lol. For me usually i dont initiate a chat with the driver even though i sit infront, if he start a conversation i would then reciprocate.

Actually nothing wrong with doing hitch. I'm a senior manager, but all my staff know I do hitch. In fact I share with them my hitch experience also. And we have a good laugh over it.

But I do admit that with a nicer car, my ego is more inflated and I prefer riders to sit in front and chat.

Some rider dont even have a picture le, how to profile? Lol. For me usually i dont initiate a chat with the driver even though i sit infront, if he start a conversation i would then reciprocate. ð

As a matter of principle, I don't pick up those with no profile pic.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Actually nothing wrong with doing hitch. I'm a senior manager, but all my staff know I do hitch. In fact I share with them my hitch experience also. And we have a good laugh over it.

But I do admit that with a nicer car, my ego is more inflated and I prefer riders to sit in front and chat.

I think many hitch drivers, they are holding supervisor and above position in their workplace de. I have ride in a few times, the hitch driver is some managerial position.
  • Praise 2

Lol. I won't even allow my kids to take the back seat if the front seat is available and I also won't do that to someone who is giving me a ride (even if I am obliged to share some petrol cost).

Actually to do hitch, you got to like meeting people. Some do it primarily for the money, so they rather the passenger(s) sit behind and play with their phones and not talk. I can understand that but we all do it for different reasons, of course money is a factor but it is not the main one for many here with supposedly big ego.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Yes. A lot of grab commercial drivers have entered the hitch market and spoiling the rules for all.

As a full time driver, I would not want to be driving hitch, that is, making appt ahead on where to pick up.

What it means for me, is that I have to set aside the time. I can't do other things. I have to drive there, if it's far, that's wasting petrol already.

A full time driver, when he's ready to drive, just hops in, goes online and usually gets a ride, at that time or slightly more, pick up is just a short distance away. If the demand is hot during certain hours, he gets back-to-back trips. He pick up at pt A, reach pt B, pick up the next at pt B and continues. No wasting of time, no wasting of petrol, driving to a faraway place for an appt to pick up a hitch.

• Praise 1

As a full time driver, I would not want to be driving hitch, that is, making appt ahead on where to pick up.

What it means for me, is that I have to set aside the time. I can't do other things. I have to drive there, if it's far, that's wasting petrol already.

A full time driver, when he's ready to drive, just hops in, goes online and usually gets a ride, at that time or slightly more, pick up is just a short distance away. If the demand is hot during certain hours, he gets back-to-back trips. He pick up at pt A, reach pt B, pick up the next at pt B and continues. No wasting of time, no wasting of petrol, driving to a faraway place for an appt to pick up a hitch.

Just curious, given the smaller cut for hitch and ability to stack, would it make sense for some? I read some commercial grab driver were doing this in earlier posts.

I am just a peasant with a big ego. Lol

Just curious, given the smaller cut for hitch and ability to stack, would it make sense for some? I read some commercial grab driver were doing this in earlier posts.

for that one particular trip, it might make sense. but not as a sustainable mechanism because only 2 trips a day.

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 1

Self entitled rider.

MY car I take my own family members also cannot? I am giving you a hitch ride, you are

the one intruding.

No sharing and no family members? Take justgrab biatch...want this want that.

post-1829-0-18669400-1564988510_thumb.jpeg

Self entitled rider.

MY car I take my own family members also cannot? I am giving you a hitch ride, you are

the one intruding.

No sharing and no family members? Take justgrab biatch...want this want that.

There are all sort of funny people with weird request la. Wonder how high the successful rate for these riders?  [rolleyes]

There are all sort of funny people with weird request la. Wonder how high the successful rate for these riders?  [rolleyes]

Ya lor. Apparently she got 150 rides already, maybe some drivers see her photo chio.  [laugh]

This type probably want to sit behind and expect you to take her luggage for the mere $11. 

What's the issue? You have to ability to reject right?

Do you drive hitch? 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Ya lor. Apparently she got 150 rides already, maybe some drivers see her photo chio.  [laugh]

This type probably want to sit behind and expect you to take her luggage for the mere $10. 

Do you drive hitch? 

With such a weird request still got 150 rides?  :blink:  Either the rider photo really super chio or hitch driver wants to find challenging rider?  [:p]

• Praise 1

Do you drive hitch? 

No I don't. 

But like I said, she put her expectations there, you can choose not to accept her request. Just like some of the hitch drivers here have a whole list of requirements from their hitch passenger. 

In the spirit of hitch, if someone is hitching with a friend, he will also want to make sure the driver isn't going to many places out of the way before dropping him off right?

Anyway, is she chio?

Edited by Kusje

I used to do hitch for awhile too.

But eventually I prefer the customer sit behind, so I don't have to bother engaging in conversation  [laugh]

Yalor end of the day, all human ma

I used to do hitch for awhile too.

But eventually I prefer the customer sit behind, so I don't have to bother engaging in conversation [laugh]

Yalor end of the day, all human ma

Actually if you really keen in engaging in conversation, even rider sit behind you can also talk de.
↡ Advertisement