GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

Ya I agree this is quite stupid. Also the 10% cut. Starting to feel like Grab is beginning to get greedy.

Me thinks it’s ok not to drive hitch if u sibei not happy with them..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Response from Grab:

post-211521-0-56788400-1566266339_thumb.png

The link in the email here.

Sounds a bit BS to me... Take 10% cut already still need more savings? Can someone more knowledgeable in Fintech explain to me how the $50 minimum will help to "control our operating costs"?

Ya I agree this is quite stupid. Also the 10% cut. Starting to feel like Grab is beginning to get greedy.

actually Hitch is just a software that matches drivers and riders. Hope other deep pocket startup can create another platforms and give Grab some competition. Else they w just take the driver forgranted.

Response from Grab:

grab-iki.png

Sounds a bit BS to me... Take 10% cut already still need more savings? Can someone more knowledgeable in Fintech explain to me how the $50 minimum will help to "control our operating costs"?

I can explain a bit on this, the reason being there are processing fee for ea transaction done between bank n grab, secondly forcing people to take out the minimum means they have higher cash holding on their hands. There’s more to it but this are mainly the reason for the “operating cost” they implied
  • Praise 1

I have a friend who used to cash out after every trip completed. He’s the type that increased their workload I guess...haha.

OT from thread a bit.. a biz entity will be charged processing fee for fund transfer? I went to look at my last cashout a few months back and it is listed in my bank statement as a FAST payment. For $8.20. I've performed a few FAST payments before and never been charged any processing fee.

I can explain a bit on this, the reason being there are processing fee for ea transaction done between bank n grab, secondly forcing people to take out the minimum means they have higher cash holding on their hands. There’s more to it but this are mainly the reason for the “operating cost” they implied

I also do that leh, or rather used to. Never knew when my next hitch will be, so I just take it as I get it.

I have a friend who used to cash out after every trip completed. He’s the type that increased their workload I guess...haha.

Haiya I still say its ok to stop driving for Hitch if u Sibei buay song.. all this sibei buay song only adds to sibei stress and sibei stress adds up to sibei Tulan high blood pressure..

Rileks bros rileks..more to life.. at least you find an sibei rider pay your petrol..and breakfast.. better than nothing right?..

• Praise 2

Can't pay for my breakfast if I can't even cash out my earnings.. so it is not better than nothing, it is as good as nothing.

Of course the end result is I stop driving for Hitch, and neither Grab nor anyone else will miss me on the platform anyway, but I just not happy that I have to LL come to this decision. Pushing for car-lite, GH as a concept is great. But the implementation getting bad to worse. I chao sinkie lah, need to complain...

Haiya I still say its ok to stop driving for Hitch if u Sibei buay song.. all this sibei buay song only adds to sibei stress and sibei stress adds up to sibei Tulan high blood pressure..

Rileks bros rileks..more to life.. at least you find an sibei rider pay your petrol..and breakfast.. better than nothing right?..

Response from Grab:

attachicon.gifgrab-iki.png

My guess is that every transaction cost them money, maybe 0.0001 cent but multiply that by hundreds and thousands of transactions, the $ adds up.

Also keeping your money with them, is better than you holding the money.

Think cashcard, cpf, etc. They all want to hold your money.

Grab also has a money holding device aka GrabPay.

If you ever had something like $0.50 in your GrabPay balance you will feel pekcek cos you can't do anything with it - 50c can't pay for a ride and can hardly buy anything else - and you can't cash it out either.

But this I am willing to accept because GrabPay can use to buy things. But GH wallet is useless - hold my money but I can't even spend it - even worse than cpf which can at least use to pay for hdb. So if they want to hold my money, why can't my GH earnings be deposited straight into my GrabPay balance? As a rider you can only choose to pay via GrabPay or cash anyway. Or give it to me in the form of GrabRewards points - a bit more useless than GrabPay but at least can redeem things.

My guess is that every transaction cost them money, maybe 0.0001 cent but multiply that by hundreds and thousands of transactions, the $ adds up.

Also keeping your money with them, is better than you holding the money.

Think cashcard, cpf, etc. They all want to hold your money.

Grab also has a money holding device aka GrabPay.

If you ever had something like $0.50 in your GrabPay balance you will feel pekcek cos you can't do anything with it - 50c can't pay for a ride and can hardly buy anything else - and you can't cash it out either.

But this I am willing to accept because GrabPay can use to buy things. But GH wallet is useless - hold my money but I can't even spend it - even worse than cpf which can at least use to pay for hdb. So if they want to hold my money, why can't my GH earnings be deposited straight into my GrabPay balance? As a rider you can only choose to pay via GrabPay or cash anyway. Or give it to me in the form of GrabRewards points - a bit more useless than GrabPay but at least can redeem things.

Are you able to empty whatever balance in your Grabpay, then use cash to top up the difference? Like you buy $3.00 of thing, but deduct the $0.50 in Grabpay and $2.50 balance in cash?

Edited by 13177

I know that taking rides cannot do this. Must have exact amount or more.

I'm not sure about non-Grab merchants that support GrabPay though. Perhaps it is up to the individual merchant whether they want to be flexible.

Are you able to empty whatever balance in your Grabpay, then use cash to top up the difference? Like you buy $3.00 of thing, but deduct the $0.50 in Grabpay and $2.50 balance in cash?

Can't pay for my breakfast if I can't even cash out my earnings.. so it is not better than nothing, it is as good as nothing.

Of course the end result is I stop driving for Hitch, and neither Grab nor anyone else will miss me on the platform anyway, but I just not happy that I have to LL come to this decision. Pushing for car-lite, GH as a concept is great. But the implementation getting bad to worse. I chao sinkie lah, need to complain...

No need to stress la. Just give a few more hitches to reach $50 then ok wud..

And no need to be chao singkie la.. rileks la.. comprain comprain give rise to BP.. U r important to your Wife and kids..

not simple bro.. my previous hitch was 3 months ago. And the one before that was also about 3 months prior. At this rate, "just give a few more hitches" will take me at least 1 year to reach $50.

so as mentioned I LL will stop hitching.

No need to stress la. Just give a few more hitches to reach $50 then ok wud..

And no need to be chao singkie la.. rileks la.. comprain comprain give rise to BP.. U r important to your Wife and kids..

not simple bro.. my previous hitch was 3 months ago. And the one before that was also about 3 months prior. At this rate, "just give a few more hitches" will take me at least 1 year to reach $50.

My bad.. didn’t know you so difficult to give hitch ..
  • Praise 1

You every 3 months give hitch ride de? So difficult to arrange a hitch?

Yup.. hard to find rider who matches both route and timing. But whether I give hitch every 3 months or every 3 years is irrelevant. If hitch is not a source of income (or even side income for that matter), why should I be beholden to any sort of 'soft' KPI? The $50 restriction effectively means one has to complete a minimum of 4 trips before being able to cash out.

You every 3 months give hitch ride de? So difficult to arrange a hitch?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2