GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

Respect..you are in the champion tier..

They will not makan your $8 la. Grab is not some kuching kurap company. Just proceed to deactivate your account if you TL with them and don't intend to drive Hitch anymore.

I drive hitch very often nowadays and I actually like getting the payout next day. Cash out at 10pm and next day I get the money at night.

Commission also reduced to 5%. 

↡ Advertisement

from 30 september onwards, +50 cents for 2 seats and +$1 for 3 to 4 seats.

what this shows to me is very obvious: 2 seats or more have much more trouble finding a ride than 1 seat. they need to come up with an incentive system. i personally think the incentive is too little, and one would still be better off stacking (if available). if things don't improve, i guess they will increase the incentive.

Anyone providing hitch services from Choa chu kang area to yio chu kang area weekdays?

I am Looking for Monday-Friday(5 days x 4 weeks = 20 days) Grab/car/vehicle hitch from my house(Choa Chu Kang) to work(Yio Chu Kang). Need Pick up at 7:45am or earlier depending on jam, need to reach by 8:30am. If you live near me and work near yio chu kang area and looking for extra cash per month, pm me. Cash/Paylah. Let's discuss pricing in private messaging.

Don't mind lorry/van/car pickup.

• Praise 1

On 7/30/2019 at 7:55 PM, Shanhz said:

Grab sends a message to riders to sit up front, chit chat and make a friend.

And in the morning, riders get a super discounted ride with no surge pricing. It is only nice to sit up front and respect the driver.

So there's no excuse to sit behind.

That was what pissed me totally today.

Rider late, don't buckle despite me saying, sit behind and still ask me to turn down volume.

I drive a luxury conti make, so I know how you feel.

Anyway like I said, I hitch to make friends and also, extra money who don't want?

But I do have a few very nice regulars. So overall it's still nice to hitch.

So do you actually tell them to sit in front?

My first hitch, the rider sit behind. I turn my aircon to less cold. Dont care she complain or not.

Haha.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, 13177 said:

Grab website mentioned that Grabhitch is to match journeys between drivers and commuters heading the same way. But i have encountered hitch driver seems like treat hitch like Grab share, as i was going to novena area and driver message me that he will be picking another person and would dropped him first at lor chuan area then would drop me.

Yours still ok. When I was a rider, I kena a stack 4 Hyundai Avante 09 model with techno auntie driver [yes she play chinese techno all the way throughout]. Plus I only guy inside. Pity the lady in the middle bang left right when car swerve left right.

And no, I wasn't sitting on the front seat.

26 minutes ago, Mancypher said:

Yours still ok. When I was a rider, I kena a stack 4 Hyundai Avante 09 model with techno auntie driver [yes she play chinese techno all the way throughout]. Plus I only guy inside. Pity the lady in the middle bang left right when car swerve left right.

And no, I wasn't sitting on the front seat.

Unless you requested for a car sharing ride, so no choice if encountered stack of 4. Think best still request for normal grab ride, no need to worry driver would stack. Lol. Cause i also kana hitch ride stack 4, and driver took longer route to reach, sit until i nearly want to vomit. 

ya manz .... my wife kenna one. Fetch her liao, then go fetch another 2. On the way still keep a lookout for the 4th rider, found eventually. My wife took 1.5hrs to reach Orchard from Bedok. I say take MRT faster lor [:p]

it works both ways, Drivers do not like it if rider request no other riders. Then Riders do not like it if driver merry go round and fetch others. To me, whatever just let them know in advance. ok fetch, not ok next. Simple. No wrong no right. 

I usually hitch only 1 rider and I hope they all sit behind so I can concentrate on driving. 

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Unless you requested for a car sharing ride, so no choice if encountered stack of 4. Think best still request for normal grab ride, no need to worry driver would stack. Lol. Cause i also kana hitch ride stack 4, and driver took longer route to reach, sit until i nearly want to vomit. 

Ya, my mistake cos she say share, I never ask share how many. Didn't expect to stack til 4 also cos most I sit one max 2-3.

But nvm now i turn to driver liao, I only take 1. So I always put my route max number of seats is 2. 😊

23 hours ago, Mancypher said:

Ya, my mistake cos she say share, I never ask share how many. Didn't expect to stack til 4 also cos most I sit one max 2-3.

But nvm now i turn to driver liao, I only take 1. So I always put my route max number of seats is 2. 😊

was told now rider cannot add comment when requesting hitch so no more requests like "no stacking" etc. felt that the add $0.50 is miserable. normally i only take 1 booking with 1 rider as 1 booking is already bonus since i m already going that way. 

Power of apps is Grab can analyse the data so it will show low hit rate for > 1 riders per hitch booking. i feel that those who request hitch for 3-4 pax per booking is crazy. i always like to see if these types of booking is accepted n usually no! 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, Othello said:

ya manz .... my wife kenna one. Fetch her liao, then go fetch another 2. On the way still keep a lookout for the 4th rider, found eventually. My wife took 1.5hrs to reach Orchard from Bedok. I say take MRT faster lor [:p]

it works both ways, Drivers do not like it if rider request no other riders. Then Riders do not like it if driver merry go round and fetch others. To me, whatever just let them know in advance. ok fetch, not ok next. Simple. No wrong no right. 

I usually hitch only 1 rider and I hope they all sit behind so I can concentrate on driving. 

Sometimes like you said, you dont know if the driver would continue to keep a lookout for rider along the route. Maybe when you request a ride, driver tell you need to share with 1 rider, but later never inform if the driver managed to find the 3rd and 4th rider. So by the time you got into the car, too late and ended merry go round the world. Lol. 

Happened to me before, i requested for a hitch, driver told me need to share with one rider, then later message me that rider cancelled ride. Then when the car arrived, driver proceed elsewhere to pick up another 2 riders! -_-

2 hours ago, poresia said:

was told now rider cannot add comment when requesting hitch so no more requests like "no stacking" etc. felt that the add $0.50 is miserable. normally i only take 1 booking with 1 rider as 1 booking is already bonus since i m already going that way. 

Power of apps is Grab can analyse the data so it will show low hit rate for > 1 riders per hitch booking. i feel that those who request hitch for 3-4 pax per booking is crazy. i always like to see if these types of booking is accepted n usually no! 

I think depends if the hitch driver is already registered as Grab driver or just purely registered as a hitch driver. Usually those car without PHV sticker hitch driver, they might only take 1 rider only, cause they really take it as a bonus since they are going that way. But some driver objective is to take as many booking, even some rider doesnt really going the same way.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, Othello said:

Wow bedok to Orchard 1.5hrs. I think take bus no. 7 also not that long. 

9 hours ago, poresia said:

Yup. They will send you sms with incentive if you stack 3 with a timeline. I get that sms before but just ignore. 

20 minutes ago, Othello said:

nope

it be "hard" to implement as if LTA restrict only 2 rides per day then all this PHV apps need to "Talk" to each others..