GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

1 hour ago, Othello said:

nowadays getting a hitch also not so easy. reason being at times gojek fares are only slightly more nia

Sometimes must depends the destination also. 

↡ Advertisement

On 9/27/2019 at 8:28 PM, Mancypher said:

Yup. They will send you sms with incentive if you stack 3 with a timeline. I get that sms before but just ignore. 

what do u mean? can u explain a bit more? i never encounter that. 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:08 AM, poresia said:

what do u mean? can u explain a bit more? i never encounter that. 

Example of sms:

Hi xxxxx, from 18 to 20 Sept, get $4 for every 3 pickups you complete daily! *Eligible for recipients of this SMS only

SINGAPORE: A GrabHitch driver who molested two women he picked up in the same day was sentenced to a year and 10 months' jail on Tuesday (Dec 17).

Tan Keng Leng, 39, molested the victims aged 24 and 46 when they had to sit in the front passenger seat beside him due to either a locked back door or items in the backseat.

Tan pleaded guilty to three counts of outrage of modesty, with another two charges taken into consideration.

The court heard that the two incidents occurred within an hour of the same day on Oct 12 last year.

Tan picked up the first victim, the 46-year-old woman, after she booked a GrabHitch via the Grab mobile app.

GrabHitch is a social carpooling service where non-commercial drivers can give passengers going the same way a lift for a fee.

Advertisement

When she got to Tan's vehicle, the woman tried to board the vehicle through the rear door, but it was locked.

Tan told her to sit in the front passenger seat as there were some files in the back, and she complied.

As they travelled along the Pan Island Expressway at about 5.30pm, the victim felt Tan's left elbow touching the right side of her arm.

Thinking this was accidental, she shifted her body to the left, but Tan extended his elbow towards her and touched her breast with it at least four times throughout the journey.

When they reached a car park, he placed his hand on her waist. The woman made a police report later that night.

TARGETED SECOND WOMAN WITHIN THE HOUR

Not long after dropping the first woman off, Tan picked up another victim, aged 24.

She had also booked a ride via GrabHitch and intended to sit in the back, but saw files and paper in the back, so she sat in front.

While the car was travelling along East Coast Road at about 6.20pm, Tan moved closer to the victim and extended his elbow towards her, brushing against her chest.

The woman shifted away from the driver, but Tan placed his left elbow on the centre console and talked to the woman, gesturing with his left hand.

Whenever the car drove over a bump or rough road surface, he touched her chest with his left hand over her clothing. This happened at least three times, said Deputy Public Prosecutor Goh Yi Ling.

When they arrived at a car park, Tan touched the woman's abdominal and hip area.

Ms Goh had asked for two years' jail, noting that Tan had initially wanted to claim trial but later pleaded guilty.

As a GrabHitch driver, he was considered a public transport worker with the responsibility of ensuring his passengers' safety, said Ms Goh.

There was premeditation involved, she added, as Tan specifically targeted his passengers by making them sit in front, and they could not escape as they were in the confines of his vehicle.

"The accused committed the offences against both victims in succession – the second victim was his next passenger after the first victim," pointed out the prosecutor.

The judge granted a deferment of his sentence to Jan 16.

For each count of outraging a person's modesty, Tan could have been jailed for up to two years, fined, caned, or given any combination of these punishments.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/grabhitch-driver-molest-female-passengers-grab-jailed-12190128

I only took 2 pax on hitch twice. Both times was a couple who sit behind and treat my car like some taxi. So gave up and always put single pax now. Its rare to get a hitch for me though, not worth it if pickup and drop-off not nearly exact to my route. But I would say 8 or 9 out of 10 hitchers are zi dong. Rare to get those buay zi dong type like make you wait long long.

16 minutes ago, Alheych said:

anyone still doing grabhitch? in the current climate, i completely stop liao...

Grabshare also suspended liao. Wonder how come they never mentioned about Grabhitch?

Better to stop since you dont know who is getting into your car, since Grabhitch driver is not depending income from hitch. So no point expose to risk.

• Praise 2

Lol me still do but okie la just whack la. Hear say non symptom de ppl also can possibly transmit the wuhan virus. So just do still and poh heng suay.

$ is too deprived also become virus. LOL

On 2/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, Alheych said:

anyone still doing grabhitch? in the current climate, i completely stop liao...

i still do gh but avoid certain nationalities. usually the name n photo will tell but not 100% accurate. 

anyway, will teo go anywhere will also teo. 

9 minutes ago, poresia said:

i still do gh but avoid certain nationalities. usually the name n photo will tell but not 100% accurate. 

anyway, will teo go anywhere will also teo. 

Some people no put photo and some name also not accurate. Lol.

No photo I usually dont take. One dont deserve to be accepted for gh if dont dare to put ohotos. 

Yea, I kena b4. Christian english name n no photo but.....so I dont take those with no photo. 

• Praise 1

On 3/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, poresia said:

No photo I usually dont take. One dont deserve to be accepted for gh if dont dare to put ohotos. 

Yea, I kena b4. Christian english name n no photo but.....so I dont take those with no photo. 

But most grabhitch driver also no photo la. 😂

• Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

Anyone on Grabhitch knows if the Sinopec 23% discount still ongoing??

From the hitch driver benefits, it’s still  there

• Praise 1

People are still doing hitch?  Or it is a grab driver only?

Must give chance to taxi driver.  So many empty cabs and so few customers. Sighs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1