GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

17 minutes ago, 13177 said:

i prefer to sit infront whether i am in a taxi or PHV. So for GH, confirmed i will sit infront de. But now ruling states that even PHV, rider also cannot sit infront and must sit behind.

Yes, we know the rules, its for the rider own good and wellness, at the moment, I feel blessed by LTA to allow GH to be on the road, wasn't expected thy finally allowed in view of current situation, I was thinking priority given to Grab full timer. [wave]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Does it make any difference sitting in front or behind? If there's virus, it'll still float everywhere right? 

Sitting behind and virus won't move to the driver seat meh? It's an even smaller enclosed area.

The rule sounds like saying that virus won't take MRT..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
18 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Yes, we know the rules, its for the rider own good and wellness, at the moment, I feel blessed by LTA to allow GH to be on the road, wasn't expected thy finally allowed in view of current situation, I was thinking priority given to Grab full timer. [wave]

IMO to be safe, don't allow at all. Don't risk family health for that measly hundreds dollars

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Solar said:

Does it make any difference sitting in front or behind? If there's virus, it'll still float everywhere right? 

Sitting behind and virus won't move to the driver seat meh? It's an even smaller enclosed area.

Agreed, many times i also don’t understand the rationale behind those rules they set? Sitting behind, infront or not, still share the same space within the car. If anyone have the virus, still have the risk of getting it.

Same like they discourage people from staying in an enclosed aircon area too long, should open up windows to reduce the risk. But all those office buildings which running centralised aircon, and people stay in office whole day, there is no risk of getting the virus in that situation?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

I think as GH driver, we should STOP kpku here, LTA is kind enough to allow us to continue Hitch, learn to appreciate em and be thankful all theses years, H can tell Grab HQ no more Hitch forever if we misbehave ourselves . Tio Bo !!

[drivingcar]

• Praise 1

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

I think as GH driver, we should STOP kpku here, LTA is kind enough to allow us to continue Hitch, learn to appreciate em and be thankful all theses years, H can tell Grab HQ no more Hitch forever if we misbehave ourselves . Tio Bo !!

[drivingcar]

People are greedy and bo chap.

Twincharged
On 6/20/2020 at 3:54 PM, Meanmachine said:

1st as GH driver, we must be thankful for allowing Hitch to pick-up, was a blessing.

2nd- Given such scenario, it's a matter of time once G successfully contained the spread and reports of new cases are low and warranted, then perhaps LTA may open up to old ways, Grab only taking guideline fm LTA

I think LTA need to further clamp down on ride hiring app platform. Why? Coz cherry pickers gonna pickup pace soon.. And this will create problems of people unable to get a ride not due to no cars available but due to drivers keep reject the call due to they see this pickup and drop off location is not favouritable to them. So LTA need to update to enforce all ride hiring app platform to change the system to only show drop off location and fare after driver clicked pickup. This will prevent cherry pickers and will give riders a much easier time to get a confirmed booking. I believe the good and bad fares bookings should be shared amoug all drivers and not like loopsided to cherry pickers keep pick the good fare and location ride and left all the bad fares and locations to those who never cherry pick. This is very unfair. Hope someone from Grab who might be surfing MCF to read this and take a deep look on this issue that I rise..

Grab should not do things to encourage cherry pick. Grab think the auto accept thing will work? Think again? The only thing that will work is to hide drop off location and fare until driver clicked pick up. If drivers not happy with that, they could just choose not to drive for grab.. Many others are willing to continue to drive for grab with hide drop off location and fare until clicked pickup. 

6 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I think LTA need to further clamp down on ride hiring app platform. Why? Coz cherry pickers gonna pickup pace soon.. And this will create problems of people unable to get a ride not due to no cars available but due to drivers keep reject the call due to they see this pickup and drop off location is not favouritable to them. So LTA need to update to enforce all ride hiring app platform to change the system to only show drop off location and fare after driver clicked pickup. This will prevent cherry pickers and will give riders a much easier time to get a confirmed booking. I believe the good and bad fares bookings should be shared amoug all drivers and not like loopsided to cherry pickers keep pick the good fare and location ride and left all the bad fares and locations to those who never cherry pick. This is very unfair. Hope someone from Grab who might be surfing MCF to read this and take a deep look on this issue that I rise..

Grab should not do things to encourage cherry pick. Grab think the auto accept thing will work? Think again? The only thing that will work is to hide drop off location and fare until driver clicked pick up. If drivers not happy with that, they could just choose not to drive for grab.. Many others are willing to continue to drive for grab with hide drop off location and fare until clicked pickup. 

Bro, GH is willing party , not a job. its the driver right to cherry pick, and if rider get chosen a car they not happy they can cancel anytime too. this is a GH thread so i believe you are not talking about Grabcar/taxi.

if drop off location is not shown, how is it "OTW" for hitch driver? I guess you are either a rider, or a PHV.

• Praise 3

On 6/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, Solar said:

Psychological defense. Or placebo effect. 😁

In fact, Banglas sitting 1 metre apart behind a flatbed lorry in the open air is safer than in a Grabcar. 

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
42 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

Bro, GH is willing party , not a job. its the driver right to cherry pick, and if rider get chosen a car they not happy they can cancel anytime too. this is a GH thread so i believe you are not talking about Grabcar/taxi.

if drop off location is not shown, how is it "OTW" for hitch driver? I guess you are either a rider, or a PHV.

I mean for grabcar ride.. 

No offence to any1 here replying, I fully agreed with bro Dannn, we are Hitch, so we select the rider whom we think are generally pleasant and on the way to destination, we follow rules prescribed yet kenna cancelled last minutes and many other uncalled for extra riders, time is of the essence for us, pick and go . . .

I always tell them politely :" it's the driver who select you and NOT U select us." with a Smile , Of course thy can cancel if unhappy or being late for 3 mins, I will cancel and blacklist them. No fuss 

I have never don't grab hitch (nor intend to), but I would sure cherry pick. 

Only freshly showered lady riders would be allowed into my car! No sweaty people, no smelly ones, no unhygienic ones. And no smokers. 

Twincharged
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

No offence to any1 here replying, I fully agreed with bro Dannn, we are Hitch, so we select the rider whom we think are generally pleasant and on the way to destination, we follow rules prescribed yet kenna cancelled last minutes and many other uncalled for extra riders, time is of the essence for us, pick and go . . .

I always tell them politely :" it's the driver who select you and NOT U select us." with a Smile , Of course thy can cancel if unhappy or being late for 3 mins, I will cancel and blacklist them. No fuss 

I mean as grab car drivers not grabhitch.. Ya of coz grabhitch cherry pick no problem la.. Coz its a hitch ride.. But I feel it is not right for phv drivers to cherry pick for grabcar rides. They earn for a living and need to have a level playing field for all drivers and not loopsided to one side. 

Edited by Yewheng

19 hours ago, Yewheng said:

AFAIK, PHV cancelling rides will drag down their Acceptance and Cancellation percentages, hence affecting their pathetic incentives ..... 

The best is still Uber style lah, drivers dun know destination till pickup. 

But anyway, this thread is about Hitch aka car pooling. 

for the sake of reducing health risk, and to not make things even harder for taxi/PHV drivers, maybe we should all stop offering hitch for a while...

[IMPORTANT UPDATE] GrabHitch services will be temporarily suspended from 16 May 12AM until further notice.

In consideration of the recent Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) announcement, GrabHitch services will be unavailable from 16 May 12AM until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Your wellbeing is our top priority and we appreciate your patience as we work with the relevant authorities during this period. In the meantime, stay safe and thank you for your support.

• Praise 1