Recommendation for Frying pan

Jusnel

Hi, anyone can recommend frying pan?

I'm using it for fry egg, fish fillet, etc. No deep fry needed

Was looking at K Art brand at NTUC fairprice. Korea made. Has the marble coatingon it. Any one has comments on this?

Abit worried abt the coatings on it

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cast iron can't be wrong. Any leakage, you'll get more iron absorption.  [laugh]

Say no to Tefal coating and aluminium pots and pans (including water bottles).

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 5

Was looking at K Art brand at NTUC fairprice. Korea made. Has the marble coatingon it. Any one has comments on this?

If u are cooking mostly egg and some fish, non stick pans would make a lot of sense

Cast iron skillet is good, but u need to know how to take care of it well. 

Just don't subject a non stick frying pan to extreme high heat like burner on max.

Also use a wooden spatula. 

I personally like my frying pan/skillet to have insulated handles.

If u want something that won't splatter so much if say frying fish or doing the usual fried eggs. U might want to get a saucier pan (essentially a deeper frying pan).

There are non stick ones around. But these are not so common in SG. 

https://www.google.com.sg/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=saucier%20pan

• Praise 1

I just got the same one from GIANT 2 days ago.   Cheaper than NTUC.  Bought the 32cm one that can be used on induction cooker costing me $99 while the one that can only be used on gas cooker cost $95.   This morning, I saw the same $95 one selling for $114.90 at AMK NTUC.   After reading about those Telfron coated pans, I decided to try those ceramic or marble coating, which are safer to use.   So far so good, but whatever type of pans that you choose, in order for it to last longer, you gotta take care on the maintenance of the pans otherwise it will have a short lifespan.

• Praise 1

Go to Tang or Robinson to look at scanpan, it is titanium ceramic coaating, you likely wont regret. It is a bit more expensive though. You can google around for this brand.

Korean made heavy Happy Call pan. Can close cover where magnet holds it shut. Closed lid cooking keeps oil from splattering.

I use it for fry egg, grill steak, pan fry salmon and steam veggies. Ever since got it, my wok is little used. Because wok have to clean stove and floor after cooking. 

• Praise 1

Now, when I buy pots or pans, I avoid anything with a coating.

Eventually, when the coating disappears, you know it usually ended up in your food and stomach.

Only iron and stainless steel for me.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

http://www.lovelowfat.com/ceramic-vs-teflon/

http://www.rebeccawood.com/health/toxic-cookware-and-cutlery/

Whether ceramic or teflon,

Personally i think just change these pans after sometime to prevent the coating coming off with wear and tear.

Only use wooden spatula.

And most important is not to overheat the pan.

no ceramic pans for me - again.

bought 3 from the TV ads and only used the small one to fry eggs ... but guess what, unlike on tv where the cook just blows and the egg will "flip up", my eggs kept getting stuck like as if you can never get them out again. the other 2 bigger pans are still in the box. so far the worst buy for my kitchen,

but the K-art of so far the best kitchen buy. but take note not to use steel wool to clean the pan ... else marble also bluff one ... ym dad did that and we have to row it away. I will usually heat my k-art pan until hot hot and the just throw a piece of steak on it and flip it twice and get a juicy piece of steak.

Again it's the fear of oil.

Use quality natural oil like lard or coconut oil to fry, bo taiji one.

Those non-stick pan, yes you can fry oil-less eggs, but for how long? Once the coating degrades, it sticks.

Ingesting lard or teflon coating, which is better, I leave it to you.

• Praise 1

Korean made heavy Happy Call pan. Can close cover where magnet holds it shut. Closed lid cooking keeps oil from splattering.

I use it for fry egg, grill steak, pan fry salmon and steam veggies. Ever since got it, my wok is little used. Because wok have to clean stove and floor after cooking. 

I dunno whether my MIL bought an imitation product, but she paid quite a lot for it. Spoilt relatively fast.

So my MIL and my mum both are anti-happy call haha

Can try this brand Le Gourmet, available from major department stores.

Stainless steel, no coating, but made with multi-layer materials for better heat conductance.

• Praise 2

Go to Tang or Robinson to look at scanpan, it is titanium ceramic coaating, you likely wont regret. It is a bit more expensive though. You can google around for this brand.

I only trust Scanpan, nonstick coating.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/25/are-my-non-stick-pans-a-health-hazard-teflon

http://www.scanpancookware.com/pages/teflon-2.html

↡ Advertisement