Any recommended tyre shop

Franwilliam

Neutral Newbie
On 2/4/2016 at 8:44 AM, Limws1 said:

Eng Wah Tyre & Battries

Address: 5 Toa Payoh Industrial Park, Singapore 319057
Phone:6250 0085

Look for Vincent. Their prices are reasonable.

Good  Limws1, its really a good. i was visiting it 6 months  before.

↡ Advertisement

Thinking of changing tyres soon for my Ah pek car.  Not too fussy about performance, just bread and butter type will do.

The profile is 215/60R16.

What is a reasonable price?  Any good shop to recommend, especially from the west side?

I just came back from Malaysia, for this profile, the price is roughly RM390 for Michelin and RM345 for Toyo tires.

Does it make sense to change in Malaysia?

7 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Thinking of changing tyres soon for my Ah pek car.  Not too fussy about performance, just bread and butter type will do.

What is a reasonable price?  Any good shop to recommend, especially from the west side?

I just came back from Malaysia, for this profile, the price is roughly RM390 for Michelin and RM345 for Toyo tires.

Can consider GY efficientgrip performance 2. Was about 130 each (R17) when I replaced quite a while back. Quiet, comfortable and good rolling resistance. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Can consider GY efficientgrip performance 2. Was about 130 each (R17) when I replaced quite a while back. Quiet, comfortable and good rolling resistance. 

Good choice but do you find the sidewall a bit soft compared to other brands?

9 hours ago, Albeniz said:

west side can try calling Hurry Tyre to check. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Good choice but do you find the sidewall a bit soft compared to other brands?

Yes. It is very soft so I increase the pressure by about 0.1 to 0.15 bar to make up, otherwise it looks under inflated. 

Sg roads are bad everywhere, so need softer tyres to have a decent ride. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2

@Albeniz 

Check out carohell, some tyre shop have 2yrs old stock and selling cheap.

Did a Quick check and saw 2 offerings.

Kumho - 75

Yoko - 110

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Albeniz said:

RM390 for Michelin Primacy 4?
Does that price includes new valve and tyre balancing?
Must ask in details.

Since driving across the border, should consider better tyre.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Can go carousell window shop to compare 

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Can also try Yokohama BluEarth-GT AE-51... it was $156 for my 235/18/45, so I guess would be quite a bit cheaper for your 16" rims... I find the tires quiet and the ride compliant, with good grip in both dry and wet...

• Praise 1

On 8/14/2022 at 3:49 PM, teomingern said:

Can also try Yokohama BluEarth-GT AE-51... it was $156 for my 235/18/45, so I guess would be quite a bit cheaper for your 16" rims... I find the tires quiet and the ride compliant, with good grip in both dry and wet...

You buy from the agent YHI?

44 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

You buy from the agent YHI?

My dad bought from YHI just a couple of months back. His type size is 215/16/55 or something like that... the price didn't change from the previous set he bought from them - AE-50...  both he paid $150...

I bought my set from Soon Huat Tires at Toh Guan... that was last year... mine is 235/18/45 at $156... 

Both places offer lifetime rotation and nitrogen gas top up... 

On 8/14/2022 at 1:15 AM, Albeniz said:

I have not been current. But I think the price difference between tyres prices in Malaysia and Singapore is getting smaller and smaller. Anyone can confirm?

• Praise 1

Any tyre shop have more than 2yrs old stock and selling cheap.

Maybe 4 or 5 years old tyres?

I am changing all 4 for my MIL's car.

I don't mind paying a lot more.

:D

215/60R16 almost same size as my SUVs 215/65R16.

I needed to replace my front tyre and I was going to fit this Singapore brand tyres.

Giti Comfort F50 215/65/R16 Tyre Only $90 

https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-164244/?module=main

But my mechanic found 2 Yoko BlueEarth GT AE51 really cheap so I fitted those instead.

For your size 215/60R16 they have these tyres.

Giti Comfort F22 215/60/R16 Tyre Only $85

https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-164243/?module=main

:D

Oh doesn't make sense to change in MY because $85 is only about RM270.

And this tyre comes with a 5 year warranty. Not many tyre companies dare give such a long warranty.

On 8/14/2022 at 1:15 AM, Albeniz said:

• Praise 2

I would never recommend budget tyres and I myself won't use brands like toberone or ling ling or long long except maybe on my MIL's car if the tyre was like 5 or 6 years old.

But there is one budget brand that I would use myself.

https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-153081/?module=main

KAPSEN 205/60/R16 Tyre Only $70

Read the reviews

https://www.autohero.com.au/brand/kapsen/sportmax-s2000/#:~:text=Surprisingly good tyre&text=They are surprisingly good for,around 47%2C000 klms from them.

I usually change tyres every 3.3 years because of the 10 year COE and for just 3.3 years I would use the Kaps

But my next change is 2024 and I need the four tyres to last me till Apr 2029 when the COE expires and because its 5 full years I will be changing to Giti. 

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

My dad bought from YHI just a couple of months back. His type size is 215/16/55 or something like that... the price didn't change from the previous set he bought from them - AE-50...  both he paid $150...

I bought my set from Soon Huat Tires at Toh Guan... that was last year... mine is 235/18/45 at $156... 

Both places offer lifetime rotation and nitrogen gas top up... 

I use soon huat for alignment. 

↡ Advertisement