Which Car would you buy and why?

Kazuya

I am also high mileage usage. I would go for reliability and FC economy

Under the list, M3 and Jazz will be perfect choice.

Diesel engine will be good on pocket $$$ for daily operation. However, maintenance and reliability on Conti is still yet to be proven.

If you have good knowledge on diesel engine and maintenance, you can consider it.

Mazda 3 FC is not fantastic... In fact there is quite a sizable group of drivers who got 8-9l/100km as city driving took up 60%... U see the Mazda servicing pricing just to keep the warranty, u would be thankful that u never took it up.

If u want fantastic fc, go for jazz.

↡ Advertisement

For me, servicing and car parts cheap and easy to find is important, cause you never know how long you will hold on to your car. Unless you are telling me you can afford to change car 3-5 years, than price of the servicing and car parts not say important.

About 14km/L if non expressway

14km/l for a Supercharged NISSAN Note based on city driving is amazing. I think this fuel consumption beats HONDA Jazz?

Bump for u. Didnt see any hyundai n kia cars in the list or maybe therere more?

List is complete but showing only for past 6 months. Credit to Watwheels for first pointing this out:

TS you are able to check online.

Here's the useful link from onemotoring...

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/electronic_vehicle.html

Gam xia everyone! So many replies, so many helpful people providing constructive opinions. Looks like Jazz is the top choice among here. Based on your views and my calculations, I have narrowed down further to:

Mazda 3

Honda Jazz RS

Now for the considerations. I checked LTA's website, FC for Jazz is bettet than M3. About 10% better. Mazda 3 Standard version is about the same price as Jazz bt Jazz RS has more features. If I were to get M3 top range,its gonna be about 8 to 10k more. So its M3 Standard Vs Jazz RS, which is more comfortable? Jazz RS definately has better FC and pick up. Its a tough choice man, but im leaning slightly towards Jazz RS.

Gam xia everyone! So many replies, so many helpful people providing constructive opinions. Looks like Jazz is the top choice among here. Based on your views and my calculations, I have narrowed down further to:

Mazda 3

Honda Jazz RS

Now for the considerations. I checked LTA's website, FC for Jazz is bettet than M3. About 10% better. Mazda 3 Standard version is about the same price as Jazz bt Jazz RS has more features. If I were to get M3 top range,its gonna be about 8 to 10k more. So its M3 Standard Vs Jazz RS, which is more comfortable? Jazz RS definately has better FC and pick up. Its a tough choice man, but im leaning slightly towards Jazz RS.

Jazz RS - presumably better reliability n slightly lower maint cost

Mz3 - looks more classy n better market for resale

the rest up to u.

Since you will be spending much time in the car, have you asked yourself which one tugs at your heart? If you are asking which is more comfortable, I deduce you have not done any test drives?

Mazda 3

Honda Jazz RS

Just curious, if FC matters alot to you why didn't you consider Toyota Prius C?

I heard that Honda Vezel's FC is pretty good too.

Dear All,

I have narrowed down my choices to the few cars listed below (Some are of the same category, some are not). All Cat A cars.

If given a choice, which will you choose and why? Noting that I will be driving quite a lot, appproximatly 30-35k mileage yearly.

1) Honda Jazz RS (1.5)

2) Mazda 3 Sedan

3) Renault Megane GT-Line Diesel

4) KIA Forte K3

5) Renault Fluence Diesel

6) Hyundai Elantra

Thanks all!

As a current conti Euro 5 diesel car owner for the last 5 yrs averaging 43,000km/yr with a consistent fuel consumption of 19-20km/l, I would say some comments offered in this discussion thread are not qualified. If you would like an objective sharing of my personal experience, feel free to drop me a PM.

As a current conti Euro 5 diesel car owner for the last 5 yrs averaging 43,000km/yr with a consistent fuel consumption of 19-20km/l, I would say some comments offered in this discussion thread are not qualified. If you would like an objective sharing of my personal experience, feel free to drop me a PM.

Hi Koolaba,

Just curious if it is a Euro VI diesel car like the Megane GT line, what diesel shd i pump then? Does spore have that grade of diesel yet?

Hi Koolaba,

Just curious if it is a Euro VI diesel car like the Megane GT line, what diesel shd i pump then? Does spore have that grade of diesel yet?

Ok I just found out Spore is Euro 5 compliant will will only implement Euro 6 by 2018. Thanks