So how much usually you spend on petrol per month?

Winning

JUst realized is this a entrapment thread.  Everyone post low monthly cost......then 'they' use this & say that drivers in SG typically incur low fuel cost, relative to the purchase of the car......hence, no more complains.  :D  :XD:

SPC Ron 95 once a week $60. After discount and $3 rebate for using UOB credit card, comes to $48. This lasts me 7 days, sometimes 8.

So 48 x 4 = $192. I drive Jurong to CBD every weekday. For a 2.5L car cannot complain. Singapore petrol so cheap! :D

$700-$800

That's in HK and for two cars right?

That's not too bad already, although the petrol prices seem to have fallen somewhat the last time I was back.

When I was living in HK full time my business and research projects required me to drive all over the countryside a lot, would often exceed 3000 km in a month, and with my old Mazda 323 I would spend around than the equivalent of SG$1200 a month on petrol (it was about HK$17 per litre at that time). When I bought my Nissan Cedric diesel and used it as my main transport the amount dropped to the equivalent of SG$700+ per month, even as my monthly travel mileage increased.

That's in HK and for two cars right?

That's not too bad already, although the petrol prices seem to have fallen somewhat the last time I was back.

When I was living in HK full time my business and research projects required me to drive all over the countryside a lot, would often exceed 3000 km in a month, and with my old Mazda 323 I would spend around than the equivalent of SG$1200 a month on petrol (it was about HK$17 per litre at that time). When I bought my Nissan Cedric diesel and used it as my main transport the amount dropped to the equivalent of SG$700+ per month, even as my monthly travel mileage increased.

That's only for 1 car [laugh] ... ... [:/] 

HK does not boast the highest petrol price in the world for nothing  :a-bang: 

HK does not boast the highest petrol price in the world for nothing  :a-bang:

Haha OK...

But what's your mileage like? If you travel thousands of km a month like I used to then it's very good already.

If it's just city driving then that's quite heavy [laugh]

Haha OK...

But what's your mileage like? If you travel thousands of km a month like I used to then it's very good already.

If it's just city driving then that's quite heavy [laugh]

Ok lah. Not too bad. Around 2000km+ a month

around $540+/- for Subaru (around 400km every top up)

$300+ for XC90 as seldom use and short distances only (around 300km every top up).

Please don't buy these 2 cars. will eat poor you.  :TT_TT:

HK does not boast the highest petrol price in the world for nothing :a-bang:

I don't pump sinopec. Mostly esso. Now around HK$14.10 per litre after discount for regular. Lowest RON in HK is 98 so no choice for cheap fuel :a-bang:

around $540+/- for Subaru (around 400km every top up)

$300+ for XC90 as seldom use and short distances only (around 300km every top up).

Please don't buy these 2 cars. will eat poor you.  :TT_TT:

The new XC90 look very nice wor... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I don't pump sinopec. Mostly esso. Now around HK$14.10 per litre after discount for regular. Lowest RON in HK is 98 so no choice for cheap fuel :a-bang:

That's just a bit more expensive than SG. U sure that's the most expensive in the world?

16% more lol.

Hmm comparatively i feel that for a country with long distances to drive, UK is one of the most expensive places to pump petrol.

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Converting to SGD their premium petrol is 2.31 sgd.

~200 dollars. Drive about just beyond 1k km a month.

Edited by Lala81

That's just a bit more expensive than SG. U sure that's the most expensive in the world?

16% more lol.

Hmm comparatively i feel that for a country with long distances to drive, UK is one of the most expensive places to pump petrol.

The price fluctuates quite a bit, but comparing prices in the last 8 or 9 years, i can say that HK$14 plus per litre is about as low as it has ever been. Hk$16 to $17+ per litre has been the norm for a very long time already. And at the peak (i think that was 2010 or 2011) i was paying HK$12.90+ per litre for diesel!

16% more lol.

Yes, if you go by long distances, Europe confirm more expensive.

Link for most expensive gas http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/World-top10/

In HK, the tax is HK$6.06 per litre. That more than S$1. The petrol tax in Singapore is just $0.64.

The price fluctuates quite a bit, but comparing prices in the last 8 or 9 years, i can say that HK$14 plus per litre is about as low as it has ever been. Hk$16 to $17+ per litre has been the norm for a very long time already. And at the peak (i think that was 2010 or 2011) i was paying HK$12.90+ per litre for diesel!

Yes, that's about right. It's been a long time since I saw prices under HK$15. HK$17-18 was the norm

↡ Advertisement