Honda Stream 2009 No Power and High fuel Consumption

Adrian_4781

4 hours ago, joegoh1 said:

The colour of the oil is orangish and the noise will be heard coming from the Right side front engine side away feom where the gearbox is located

It's not gearbox if noise coming from the driver side.

Likely the noise come from Serpentine belt and crank shaft pulley side. Get a mechanic to check for you.

Engine mount change before? The engine mount is prone to wear for the Civic. I dunno about Stream.

↡ Advertisement

30 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Cannot be. I remember when i service the car with AD, they recommended to change ATF at 40k. So the cost for every 40k is higher. But as the car age i started to stick with 20k. So far so good, no gear slip no jerk..and most imptly no need to overhaul and such.

AD shorten the interval to make money mah.

(edited)
On 6/11/2020 at 3:16 AM, joegoh1 said:

The colour of the oil is orangish and the noise will be heard coming from the Right side front engine side away feom where the gearbox is located

Likely your workshop has use the wrong type of oil. Original honday ATf DW-1 is in pinkish color. If you say yours is orange than it is an issue. That explains the wrong type of oil used. Prolong usage of the wrong oil type will kill your gearbox. I suggest u do a flush and use the original honda ATF DW-1 for our stream.

If noise still persist after all these is done, than please plan to scrap the car or prepare to change to recon gearbox. good luck.

Edited by StreamRSZ

On 6/10/2020 at 11:07 AM, Roh96 said:

Stream is using 5 sp conventional gearbox. You 4 years never change transmission fluid? That is way overdue. I have a COE Stream with 230K km, I make it a point to change the ATF every year or about 20k km. It doesn't cost much, 4 bottles of ATF is about $60. I suggest that you change your ATF and see if it works for you.

Stream was my favourite pick then, the 5 gear is awesome.

Actually, if you check your servicing manual should be inspect and not replace every 30 or 40kkm. For me I bought the Kia Carens, the manual said inspect every 40kkm.  Even at 80kkm, the ATF is light brownish.  It is actually OK because the effect of the red dye, it degrade over time.   I changed at 80kkm as it is cheap RM120.  

Now, my new Kia Carens now DON'T even have a dipstick to check the oil lor. It is DCT, so using SAE75W/85 gear oil.  Also not need to change.  Inspect every 40kkm and top up as required.

Internet said should change at 80kkm.

So, actually, to conclude, you don't need to replace ATF so frequent one.

There is even an urban legend, if you see particle in the ATF, DON'T Change, your GB is probably dying.  The moment you change, the GB will give way wor...

Neutral Newbie

220515-ERROR.thumb.jpg.25a5fb1ac42de29215cdd13d77ebbf6c.jpg

Hi All,

Bought this stream about 3 months, mfg 2007, mileage 124k. Average FC 10.5km/l, measure by pump 1 tank to next tank. 

Recently gear jerking whenever there is shifting during driving. Found both light on with `D` blinking. Any idea what are the issue?

Suspect due to GB oil issue and planning to do flushing. Do I need change auto gear filter?

4 hours ago, SeanWong said:

220515-ERROR.thumb.jpg.25a5fb1ac42de29215cdd13d77ebbf6c.jpg

Hi All,

Bought this stream about 3 months, mfg 2007, mileage 124k. Average FC 10.5km/l, measure by pump 1 tank to next tank. 

Recently gear jerking whenever there is shifting during driving. Found both light on with `D` blinking. Any idea what are the issue?

Suspect due to GB oil issue and planning to do flushing. Do I need change auto gear filter?

check atf enough or not first.

normal case if atf enough ( even if very dark colour ) once the gear box gone, how u flush the atf also useless.

after u spend a few hundred buks to flush , high chance u still need to over haul .

if atf is empty , u top up still got chance to fix,

Neutral Newbie

@Beregond atf enough, slightly above max line. Seems like GB got trouble.
Informed seller, need to check, info maybe gear positioning sensor / pressure switch.

Any possibility from sensor issue..

After stop & re-start , now goes off ...seems on off error

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 5/16/2022 at 10:25 PM, SeanWong said:

@Beregond atf enough, slightly above max line. Seems like GB got trouble.
Informed seller, need to check, info maybe gear positioning sensor / pressure switch.

Any possibility from sensor issue..

After stop & re-start , now goes off ...seems on off error

ATF pressure sensor switch kaput liao. Have to change. There are 2 sensors. Common stream issue.

Part no. 

28600-RPC-003 or 28600-RPC-004.

Got 2. Need to take out battery than can see. It is underneath battery there.

Hope this helps.

Edited by StreamRSZ

5 hours ago, SeanWong said:

@StreamRSZ any idea cost to replace these 2 sensors?

last time i heard workshop charge about $120-$150. Now i am not sure already as most things gone up so is workshop labour. i didnt visit workshop much unnecessary unless difficult job, else i DIY whereever i can on the parts replacement myself.

Edited by StreamRSZ
↡ Advertisement