Car parts from Online

Lotr

I have used taobao to buy neck pillow in my car and car charger of smartphone.

But it took about 30 days to get them.... It was frustrating.

you use sea shipping?

↡ Advertisement

stuff froom Tao bao takes too long to come :( i feel that getting from 65daigou is better since it is clearer and easier to orientate. It is written in English and they settle almost everything for you

Do note that there is no such thing as a genuine part from these online platforms, even if the car manufacturer logo is printed on them.

woah ... what about engine oil from amazon?

Here are good and bad points of Taobao.(This is my perception.)

Good

- Cheap

- Variety: There are more variety than Qoo10 or other site.

Bad

- Delivery time: In my case, it took more than 3 weeks to get my order.

- Imitaiton: Some products are imitation of famous brand. So there is some risk that you get a product with low quality.

• Praise 1

I bought bulbs, leds, water hose and wiper from taobao.

Nearly bought car mats(custom fitted to your car model) but realised they are left hand driven.

I did asked like 10 sellers if they can make a set that is for right hand drive but sadly all of them said no. :(

Did you try trunk mats? Was thinking of buying the trunk mats. It's like 3X cheaper than in Singapore. 

• Praise 1

Did you try trunk mats? Was thinking of buying the trunk mats. It's like 3X cheaper than in Singapore. 

Nope. Tempted but didn't as my boot mat are perfectly fine.

I am currently looking at car horns. :S

Din buy but I was looking at it few weeks ago.

Better to buy from reputable sellers and with good reviews.

I will only buy those cosmetic parts from them.

Agree much! I don't really go for China product even though their price is damn damn cheap...

Only the cosmetic product, once spoiled nothing to lose.

bought many liao.  I think buying there is the value proposition.  the price is easily 1/4 of what we pay for the same accessory in Singapore.  some people suspects the durability.  but why not when I can buy 4 pieces of the same thing and it can definitely last longer than the solitary piece in Singapore.

contrary to what's said, I don't think there is an issue with buying wipers there.  I have bought both front and rear wipers from there. 

besides wipers, I have bought

1) voltage tester

2) key pouch

3) key fob

4) mini car battery

5) spark plugs (ngk brand, haven't try installing)

6) emblem stickers

7) portable car wash spray

• Praise 1

this reminds me of my experience while shopping for my replacement battery for iRobot.  I was quoted a princely sum by the AD in Singapore.  that spur me to look at ebay.........I found one in ebay at 2/3 the cost of the price quoted by AD.  almost wanted to buy it until I saw the details indicate it is shipped from China.

so I think back and I remember a lot of the CM for the OEM are manufacturing out of china.  many of these CM also parallel-produce their own products that are copying exactly those from the OEM.  so I think can try searching for it in taobao.  and indeed it was found in taobao as well and at 1/3 of the price quoted by AD.  I gladly bought and have been happily using it since.  not everything from china is fake or reliability-suspect.

How about ebay? I find ebay is quite a decent place. Sometimes the price is comparable to taobao.

• Praise 1

Agree much! I don't really go for China product even though their price is damn damn cheap...

Only the cosmetic product, once spoiled nothing to lose.

Did this come across your mind when comparing why stuffs are cheaper online, besides Taobao, also at Amazon?

It is because of the high rental and the middleman costs in sg.

That gives the perception that those "cheaper" stuffs are factory QC rejected or imitation stuffs. There's nothing stopping the seller from matching genuine prices for the imitations.

my understanding when conversing with taobao sellers..... that when a factory make an order... they make extra so they sell the extra through 3rd party... so not all are counterfeit even if it does not go through the brand itself

that being said, there are also imitation products... just have to do research especially on sellers before buying

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 1

Thank you all for the points!

What a warm welcome  :a-good:

I was just wondering, did anyone try ordering things like spark plugs, brake pads or even brake rotor and ultimately installed it in your ride?  [laugh]

Bought many parts from Taobao and installed on my car without any issues so far. The savings can really add up.

Go through 65daigou to save all the trouble and avoid any fraud.

My car model is available in China so there are many sellers.

Parts bought/installed so far -

1. Wheel bearing hub.

2. Fan belt.

3. Adjustable rear camber kit.

4. Air/Cabin Filter.

5. HID headlight -full set.

6. Power Steering pump.

7. Water pump.

8. Sparks plug.

9. Head cover seal.

Go in with your eyes open and you should be ok.

• Praise 2

just got a pair ( 16 + 28" ) front windscreen wipers for estima 08 for ard rmb33 + $1-2 shipping( split with other items i ordered) . Cheap?

Working well so far. Smooth and wipes very well. if it can last then it will be a very good buy.   [laugh]

• Praise 2

Bought many parts from Taobao and installed on my car without any issues so far. The savings can really add up.

Go through 65daigou to save all the trouble and avoid any fraud.

My car model is available in China so there are many sellers.

Parts bought/installed so far -

1. Wheel bearing hub.

2. Fan belt.

3. Adjustable rear camber kit.

4. Air/Cabin Filter.

5. HID headlight -full set.

6. Power Steering pump.

7. Water pump.

8. Sparks plug.

9. Head cover seal.

Go in with your eyes open and you should be ok.

don't mind my asking, are the stuffs you bought Made in China or imported?  How to ensure that the parts are the right ones, any tips to share, especially those typically non user replaceable kinds like water pump, power steering pump?

I bought a engine cover strut for my car, doesn't fit though China has same model.  Wasted 40 bucks

↡ Advertisement