Car parts from Online

Lotr

(edited)

You can only be confident if it is genuine if you have the exact same part from the local stockist to compare. Also it could be that both might be genuine but from different factory.

Yup. Example their brake pad you buy it from their 4S shop which is genuine but it’s made for their domestic version. Quality wise I am not sure if there is any difference. It’s still a genuine product but it’s catered for their local markets/vehicles

China is probably the number 1 car manufacturing country in the world. Almost ALL car makes have a production plant there for domestic market. They also have many 3rd party OEM supply companies. If afraid this afraid that, then Iâd suggest buy those non-essential accessories lor.

Yes. That’s why it’s quite a bargain to get genuine parts that is made for their domestic market that can be fitted in our cars here.

As for country of origin, those genuine parts from Taobao is obviously MIC. As it is catered for their mass market.

But it’s really hell to sort out all the part number

Edited by Goldenvodka
↡ Advertisement

Never ever trust Taobao if you love your car enough. If you know the automotive industry you will understand how scary the replicas in the China market is, where physically you cannot tell the difference between fake genuine and real genuine parts, they even have governing bodies to watch over this. If you do not want to be replacing your car parts with fake genuine parts, do find a reliable source, and Taobao is probably the last place you will want to be purchasing from. Nobody you can approach or verify with when your car malfunctions or face some serious engine issues because of the dubious parts you purchase from Taobao.

Not 100% true.  Many enthusiasts I know driving good cars buy online parts, not only Taobao.

I have friends who do business in China.  There are fake goods but there are genuine goods too if u know how to find.  My BIL's Porsche, 80% of his parts are bot from Taobao n china sellers.  Spark plugs, coils, coolants, oil filters, aircon filters, air intake filters...

OEM companies like Bosch, Mann, Mahle, all have local or joint ventures china factories. I bought an original brand aircon filter from local stockiest - $38(comes in 2 pieces).  A few of us bot the same brand from China, we put both side by side.  Cant tell the difference.  We use it, no difference.  Price is $8. 

Now we know how much local stockiest mark up their margins.

• Praise 2

I always use this website to search for OEM numbers and do cross reference.

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/

It super easy to find parts in that site but the shipping is a killer

Any other good websites to search for parts and do cross reference to share here..?

what car do you drive ? 

Just now, Ody_2004 said:

I always had good experience with @RadX

Eh not so loud hahahha

tks bro for alert 👍🏽

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1